Season Finale by bigtuna86
Summary: response to reality tv hit challenge...

Categories: Jim and Pam, Episode Related Characters: Jim/Pam
Genres: None
Warnings: Adult language
Challenges: Reality TV Hit
Challenges: Reality TV Hit
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 2329 Read: 9407 Published: March 09, 2007 Updated: March 22, 2007
Story Notes:
i own nothing!!!! no copywrite infringement intended.

1. Jim by bigtuna86

2. Pam by bigtuna86

3. The Aftermath by bigtuna86

4. The Funk by bigtuna86

Jim by bigtuna86
He was visiting his grandmother in Maine when it aired. He’d completely forgotten that tonight was the season finale, not like he ever watched it to began with. He lived it already. He headed home on a Saturday morning flight. He was seated next to a girl that couldn’t have been more than 16. She kept staring at him and smiling. He finally smiled back at her.
    “I’m sorry, if I’m like freaking you out or anything. But you look exactly like…” she said.
    “Jim Halpert?” he finished.
    “Yeah! You must get that all the time.”
    “Oh yeah. Mainly because I am Jim Halpert.”
    “Oh my god. I love your show. I watch it every week! I‘m Stacey.”
    “Well thanks.”
    “Thursday’s episode was unbelievable. And now I have to wait 3 whole months until I find out what happens between you and Pam.”
    “Me and Pam? What are you talking about?”
    “The kiss! It left so much unanswered.”
    “The kiss?”
    “Yeah. You know. Well of course you know. You were there.”
    “I didn’t know they filmed that. Oh god…”
    “What? What’s wrong?”
    “I didn’t see any cameras or else I wouldn’t have. Oh this is not good. This is not good at all.”
    “I’m sure it will be fine.”
    “No. It’s definitely not going to be fine. I pretty much lied to my girlfriend about that whole thing!”
    “Girlfriend? So you and Pam didn’t get together, then?”
    “And Roy. I’m going to get my ass kicked on Monday. I’m dead.”
    “So Pam did marry Roy then?”
    “Pam is probably going through hell right now with all the questions from everyone. And I’m sure Roy had a few choice phrases for her, too.”
    “I’m so confused.”
    “Karen is going to murder me. I’m not even kidding.”
    “I’m confused. Who’s Karen”
    “My girlfriend. The one who’s going to murder me when I get home.”
    “So you & Pam aren’t together then?”
    “Ok. I’m only going to tell you this because you did me a favor and prepared me for what’s to come. I don’t normally do this because it would get me in a lot of trouble. But you have to swear you won’t say anything.”
    “I swear.”
    “Ok then. Pam called off the wedding. I took the transfer to Stamford but I came back when my branch merged with Scranton with Karen, my girlfriend, who also works for Dunder-Mifflin. And the rest, well, you’ll just have to watch the show next season.”
    “Wow. Sounds like your problems are much worse that I anticipated.”
    “You’re telling me.” The rest of the plane ride was silent, as Jim proceeded to drink glass upon glass of straight vodka.

Pam by bigtuna86
Author's Notes:
Pam's POV
She was at Poor Richard’s with her art class when it aired. She didn’t intend on watching it, but it was on the TV at the bar. She watched in horror as the entire kiss was relived. She was reminded of her mistakes and begged the bar tender to shut it off. It was too late. Everyone had seen it.
    “Pam! Oh my gosh!” Sandra, the spunky girl from her art class, shrieked.
    “I had no idea that was even filmed! This is terrible,” she said, “do you have any idea what Roy is going to do to Jim when and if he sees this? He’d kill him. Karen probably hates me now, too. No one knows that happened. I knew this reality show thing was a bad idea to begin with.”
    “Pam, calm down! I’m sure Roy didn’t see any of this. And what difference does it make now? You guys aren’t even together anymore.”
    “That’s not the point. We were together when that happened.”
    “Well, I think it’s romantic.”
    “He’s with another girl, Sandra. He’s dating someone who isn’t me and when she sees this she’s going to freak out, too. Trust me.”
    “Who cares! He hasn’t told her he loves her now has he?”
    “Well no…”
    “And she moved here for him. So not only are you a few runs ahead of her, you also have home field advantage!”
    “But he’s never been anything more than my friend. What does that say?”
    “That he’s a chicken shit.”
    “Right. Ok. I think if I sit here any longer, I’ll drink myself into a coma. I need to go home. I’ll see you next week.”
    “Hang in there, Pam.” She got in her car and headed home. The next day at work was going to be torture, especially with Karen there. She would shoot her daggers all day before confronting her about that night. She entertained the idea of telling her off, but she didn’t need to. Sandra was right. She really did one up Karen. Jim was(or still may be) in love with her. Her thoughts had now made her wish she’d stayed at the bar. She stopped at the Quik Stop on her way home for a bottle of wine and some snacks. She knew she would probably go home, drink the whole bottle, and be hung over for work in the morning. But at this point, it didn’t matter anymore. She went to the counter to pay for her things. The girl at the counter was smirking at her.
    “You watch the show?” Pam asked her.
    “Big fan,” she replied.
    “Thanks. Have a good night.”
    “Pam, wait! Choose Jim.”
    “I’m sorry?”
    “Choose Jim.”
    “Thanks for the advice,” she said walking out. She then added under her breath, “if only I’d gotten it a year ago.” She decided it was best to call in sick the next day.
End Notes:
REVIEW!!! Sorry these are so short. They'll be getting longer I promise.
The Aftermath by bigtuna86
The entire office was dead silent on Monday morning. Michael was in an early meeting in New York so he wouldn’t be in until 3. Pam and Jim didn’t make eye contact all day. Karen was staring daggers at Pam, but she pretended not to notice. Even Kelly knew not to talk about it. Pam’s heart skipped a beat every time she heard a door open. Roy still hadn’t reacted to Thursday’s show so she was assuming he hadn’t seen it. When he finally did walk through the door, Jim stopped breathing.
    “Hey Pammy,” Roy said, “how was your weekend?”
    “My…my weekend? It was g…good. How about yours?” she responded, nervously.
    “It was great. Listen, I’m having a barbeque at my place this weekend, and it would be really cool if you could come.”
    “Sure, Roy. That sounds nice.”
    “Ok, great. Because I sort of met someone and she’s really great and I want you to meet her so you could tell me what you think. And you can totally bring someone, too, if you’re seeing anybody.”
    “Wow. I’m really happy for you Roy! And I would love to meet her.”
    “Great. And Halpert, why don’t you and Karen come, too?”
    “Sure. No problem. We’ll be there. Sounds good,” he responded, quickly.
    “What’s with him?”
    “I think he’s just really tired. So tell me about this girl.”
    “Hello, everyone! Happy Monday!” Michael burst in the door.
    “Good morning, Michael,” Pam said.
    “Jeez, it is quiet in here! I thought Thursday’s show would be the talk of the town today!”
    “Michael, I have your messages!” she tried desperately to get his mind off that topic.
    “Oh yeah. What happened on Thursday’s show? I forgot to TiVo it,” Roy asked.
    “Oh nothing really. Michael always gets really excited about the show.”
    “Jimbo! High five, right here! I didn’t think you had it in you to pull that off!” Jim was horrified by Michael’s statement.
    “Michael, these messages are really important,” Pam pleaded.
    “What’s going on?” Roy asked.
    “Nothing. I just want to get out of here early today. Deal or No Deal is on tonight, and I have a lot to do at home. And I don’t want to be waiting for Michael all day.”
    “Ok, well. I better get back to work, then. I’ll see you this weekend.” And Roy left. Pam let out a sigh of relief. For some reason Karen looked angrier than she did before. She walked over to the copy machine and began copying files. When she was finished, she threw the original files on Pam’s desk.
    “You are really pathetic, you know? Why didn’t you just tell him the truth?” she spat at Pam.
    “No offense, Karen, but it’s really not any of your business,” she came back.
    “I think my boyfriend is my business.”
    “Well he wasn’t your boyfriend when that happened therefore its none of your business.”
    “You’re really pathetic, Pam.” She walked away. She was right. She was pathetic. She couldn’t even tell Jim how she really felt about him, especially when then entire country knew about his feelings. Finally their silence was broken by instant message.
JHalpert: I know what you’re thinking. And you’re not pathetic.
Beesly_P: Then how come I feel that way?
JHalpert: Because my girlfriend was acting like a bitch.
Beesly_P: That’s true. But she was right.
JHalpert: Hallway. 2 minutes. Karen just went to the bathroom and we should talk.
    And with that he signed off. She walked out into the hallway and he was standing there.
    “We’re both missing from the office. This isn’t obvious at all,” she said.
    “I don’t care right now. Have dinner with me tonight,” he made it sound like a demand instead of a request.
    “What? Are you serious?”
    “Yes.”
    “You have a girlfriend, Jim.”
    “I broke up with her Saturday. So that makes me single. Thus we should have dinner tonight.”
    “Ok then. I guess I can do that.”
    “Good. I thought I’d ask now. You know, just in case Karen tells Roy anything and he kills me with a box cutter later.”

End Notes:
REVIEWS!!!!!! next chapter is gonna rock!!
The Funk by bigtuna86
Author's Notes:
this ones kinda funny. its mostly dialogue, though.
It was in the air. That awkward funk. They both lay in silence the next morning unable to speak or move. He was afraid to look at her, and she was too busy pretending to be asleep to notice he was awake. His alarm went off and he turned to wake her up.
“Uh, Pam? Are you awake, yet?” he asked, timidly.
“Yeah,” she responded.
“Do you want coffee or breakfast or anything?”
“Coffee sounds good.”
“Ok, I’ll let you…um…I’ll just meet you in the kitchen, then.” He grabbed a t-shirt on his way to the kitchen and thanked God he threw his boxers on before he fell asleep. When she finally emerged, she was wearing on of his button down shirts. Her curls were tangled and her eye make up was smudged under her eyes.
“Good morning,” he said, giving her a quick peck on the lips.
“Morning,” she responded, “so…”
Jim began to walk around the kitchen, pretending to straighten up. She probably thinks I've lost my mind, he though to himself.
“Why is this so weird?” Pam finally broke the silence.
“Because I’m your best friend and we slept together last night.”
“Good point.”
“But this shouldn’t be weird right? I mean, we’ve known each other for years and know we just…”
“…know each other better?”
“You are aware that we just skipped like 4 or 5 dates ahead of normal people, right?”
“But when have we ever done anything normal?”
“True,” he smirked, “I guess we’re not your normal, every day couple, now are we?”
“So we’re a couple now?”
“Well no. Or yes. Damn it.”
“So we’re just dating, then?”
“I guess. Shit. Why is this so hard?”
“I don’t know.”
“Could it be my ex-girlfriend who refuses to accept that fact that I don’t want to be with her anymore? It could also be your ex-fiancé, who could take me out with one punch.”
“Both excellent factors, but Karen might kick my ass before Roy
kicks yours then.”
“Well, just let me know when you guys plan on having your chick fight. I plan on selling tickets and starting a pool. I’m not going to lie to you, Pam. If Karen’s Call of Duty skills are anything like her fighting skills, you’re going down. Quick. ”
“Funny, Halpert,” she laughed, smacking his shoulder. He laughed.
“Well, it seems like we surpassed the awkward, after sex funk.”
“Thank God.”
“I hate the funk.”
“I haven’t felt the funk in almost 10 years.”
“It’s been a while for me too. Not that long though.”
“What? No funk with Karen?”
“Surprisingly, no. She’s very talkative the next morning actually.”
“I remember my first and only funk. We kind of just lay there in the back of Roy
’s pick-up. We didn’t look at each other or say anything. Not even when he drove me home. That funk lasted for almost a week.”
“My worst was when I was in college. I woke up next to a girl I went home with the night before. I didn’t remember a thing. We talked to each other with one word sentences. It was awful. Come to think of it, I don’t think I remember catching her name. That experience ruined one night stands for me.”
“Ok, you win.”
“This reminds of me the worst first date talk.”
“I’d almost forgotten about that. I don’t remember ever hearing yours.”
“I made a girl dinner on a roof once. We watched fireworks and danced to the music we shared on my iPod. Then she went home to some other guy.”
“Ouch.”
“It was the best and worst date I’ve ever been on.”
“At least you didn’t get left at a hockey game.”
“I’m not the one who was engaged to said jerk off.”
“Now you’ve got jokes. It’s too early for jokes.” She laughed anyway. He leaned over the table and kissed her forehead lightly.
“One plus to the funk, though,” he said, smirking.
“Impossible. There’s nothing good about the funk.”
“Well, it only happens once per person. The next time you won’t feel so awkward waking up here.”
“And who says I’m going to have sex with you, again?”
“At this point and time, I think it’s pretty much implied.” He kissed her again. For real this time. She’d forgotten all about how weird it felt waking up in her best friends bed, and the evil looks Karen was going to give her when she showed up to work in the same clothes she was the day before.

 

This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1319