British Invasion by Dymphna
Summary: The British cast is thrown together at a convention with the US cast...

Categories: Present, Crossover Characters: Ensemble
Genres: Humor, Romance, Travel
Warnings: Mild sexual content
Challenges: The British Are Coming
Challenges: The British Are Coming
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 5065 Read: 5549 Published: April 13, 2007 Updated: April 25, 2007
Story Notes:
I own nothing mentioned in this story. NOTHING! SPOILERS through Safety Training and Episode 5 of the UK version

1. Chapter 1 by Dymphna

2. Chapter 2 by Dymphna

3. Chapter 3 by Dymphna

Chapter 1 by Dymphna
Author's Notes:
The day begins at Dunder Mifflin and at Wernham Hogg with some exciting news from the bosses.

Scranton:

"'G DAY MATES" Michael shouted at the employees of Dunder Mifflin. Stanley rolled his eyes, it was way too early for this. Michael grinned at the camera. “Today,” he said trying to keep his excitement contained, “Today, I have an announcement that will widen all of your perceptions on what it means to work in the paper business. Corporate has arranged for our branch to go to an International Paper convention!” Michael was positively beaming.

“YES!” Dwight shouted pumping his fist in the air.

“But Michael, wont that be expensive?” asked Phyllis.

“Not for me,” Michael said, “Jan is helping me foot the bill, just another perk for being in a relationship with my bonnie lass”

“What about the rest of us?” inquired Stanley, looking unimpressed.

“Well it might have to come out from your own pocket” Michael muffled these last words “But it’ll be worth it!”

“Where is this international convention?” Jim asked twisting around in his chair.

“New York.” Answered Michael with a slight bow.

“Well that won’t be too bad!” Exclaimed Phyllis

“What if we don’t want to go?” Angela asked through pursed lips with a raised eyebrow

“No one doesn’t want to go” Michael panted, “It’s International! We’re going to see the world!”

“We’ll be going to New York,” said Karen

“Yes, New York the capital of THE WORLD!” Michael said flailing his arms

“ I didn’t know there were global branches of Dunder Mifflin” Pam said.

“Well,” Michael looked at the ground for a bit then shyly twisted his head around to Pam “ There are no GLOBAL branches of Dunder Mifflin…”

“I thought you said this was International convention, Michael” Stanley mechanically said

“Well Stanley, it is because there will be another convention from Slough, England there at the same time we are and I just thought since they work in paper and we work in paper it will be nice to expand our global… influences, just, just deal with it. You all think that America is the only land that exists, but it’s not folks, I know. I went to Jamaica… with Jan”

“I thought it was urkle-gru?” Jim asked pulling his lips into a grin and raising his eyebrows inquisitively.

Michael’s eyes widened. “Yes… Urkle gru… but I still went to Jamaica and it was great, and I know now how other countries act and we will see that when we meet the Britts!” Michael continued in a horrendous cockney accent “They’re British Mate! Evenin’ Gov’nah! The Rain in Spain stays mainly in the Plain!!!”

“Cockney, nice” Dwight smiled

“That’s what she said!” Michael replied

 

Slough:

Dawn sat at her desk fighting off a massive headache. David Brent burst into the office waiving slips of paper in the air. “TICKETS!” He exclaimed.

“Dear God.” Dawn uttered. David bit his lip in an odd sort of smile.

“You have tickets?” Tim inquired.

“Guess where?” David said with a nervous laugh.

“ I can’t even imagine.” Tim said with a nod crossing his arms.

“ New York, isn’t that great?”

Tim nodded again. “Tickets to New York for Me, Gareth, Tim, Dawn, Keith, and...” his smile flickers “Neil.” David sneers.

His enthusiasm is met with silence.

“We’re going to New York?” Dawn asks

“Yes” Brent giggles, “We’re going over the pond, stars and stripes and all that.”

“Why?” Asks Gareth “In America there’s… wait… they have lots of guns in America, right?”

Tim turns and cocks his head to get a better look at Gareth, there’s a strange gleam in Gareth’s eyes. “It’s brilliant, when do we leave?”

“I’m a bit confused as to why we’re going to New York in the first place.” Tim says.

“Yes, and why are only a few of us going and not the lot of us?” Dawn chimed in.

“It’s quite simple, really” David said straightening his tie. “We can’t exactly afford to send all of us over there and we could only take six so I put names in a hat…” David paused for dramatic effect “And you all were the lucky ones picked.”

“But why are we going?” Dawn asked again.

“We’ve been invited by a paper company over there. A manager by the name of Michael Scott rang me a few days ago and wanted us to come over and teach them about our company.”

“So we’re leaving Slough, because a yank rang you and invited us over to New York?” Tim shifted his attention towards Dawn with that remark. They exchanged an unspoken bond of mutual amusement.

“How do we have the finances for this?” Gareth asked. “There’s no way I’m paying for my ticket.”

“It’s all taken care of. Michael Scott has put our tickets on his corporate credit card. We’re going on holiday!”

“This should be interesting” Tim muttered.

Chapter 2 by Dymphna
Author's Notes:
Worlds collide

The members of the Slough branch sat on a commercial jet cramped into their tiny seats. Tim slept while Gareth sits on one side of his seat and Dawn sits on the other. Gareth tries to spray breath spray into his mouth but misses and hits Tim in the face waking him up with a start.
"Gareth, what on Earth..." Dawn lets out a giggle. Tim turns to Dawn "Oh, you think that's funny?" she nods giggling some more. "Laugh it up, Dawn. I could've died you know?"

"Died? From being sprayed with breath spray?"


"Oh is that what that was?" He turns back to Gareth "Why are you using breath spray?"

"We're about to land," Gareth explained. "You never know who you'll run into. I want to give off a good first impression unlike some people."

"Well here's a tip, Gareth spray the breath spray into your mouth next time. It might be more effective."

Michael Scott sat in the back of the 15-passenger van singing, "I am the Walrus".
"The Beatles." Michael explained. "Another wonderful contribution from England. I believe this weekend we will all learn more about ourselves, and in doing so make the world a better place.

The van pulled up in front of the hotel and they all piled out. The Slough branch was waiting in the lobby. David rushed up to Michael violently shaking his hand and bumbling "It's a pleasure to be here. I have a lot of information to share with your company on what it takes to be a successful business."

"And I for your company" Michael said with a slight bow. The two companies stared at each other. After a moment they all started to mingle and chat putting their suitcases into different piles.

"Tim meet Jim... Jim meet Tim... heh heh... rhyming is a part of poetry. I'm a poet at heart." David told the camera.

"Jim is my number two" Michael said immediately following with a horrible impression of Dr. Evil. "Hello number two, I can do the Macarena. Tuhka tuhka tuhka... ahhhite!"
Jim waited until Michael was done to give Tim a firm handshake.

"Jim Halpert"

"Tim Canterbury"

Michael burst out "SNAP INTO A TIM JIM! Like a Slim Jim... beef jerky!"

Jim and Tim simultaneously raised their eyebrows
"So Tim, how do you like the states?" Jim asked trying to ignore Michael.

"It's great so far I haven't seen much but this should be a fun holiday."

"Pip-Pip Cherrios!" Michael chimed in. "It's just your accent. It's great."
Awkward pause.

"I think I might go help with the luggage." Tim said hurrying away before Michael could make another comment.

"Good idea I'll join you." Jim said quickly following Tim's lead.

"Him Tim... Him Jim..." Michael said pointing at the two, nudging David Brent in the side.

"Right" David laughed, "Right... listen do you know if there are any good pubs around here I think the team could use a bit of a pick me up, we could all go down to the pub and have a good laugh it'd be great." David awkwardly straightened his tie

"Yes! Yes that is a fabulous idea see, that's what I'm talking about two brains from different countries working together!" Michael smiled his proudest smile.

David muttered "My idea... the pub... and the drinks." while smiling at the camera.

"Attention everyone! All paper pushers American and English gather around, I am about to announce your room assignments!" Michael yelled smiling with glee while waiving an American flag in one hand and a British flag in the other. Dwight stood by his side with a clipboard while surveying the crowd. "Let's start with the fair lasses first"

"Kelly and Meredith you will be sharing a room
Angela and Phyllis will also be sharing a room
Pam, Karen and Dawn you all will be sharing a room "Hot." Kevin said. Keith nodded in agreement.
Ryan and Stanley
Oscar and Creed
Kevin and Keith
Toby and Neil "ugh good luck Neil" Michael said under his breath.
Tim and Dwight
Jim and Gareth
And last but not least your fearless leaders shall be sharing a room."

"The room of leadership." David Brent added. "Where leaders lie down to sleep and wake up to inspire you with their knowledge, and the room might be used for something else as well... things of a romantic nature. Not with Michael of course but maybe one of the ladies would like to join me for a drink later on." The ladies all exchanged looks. Meredith grinned.

"Michael," Karen asked "Why does every other room have two to a room except for our room" Karen motioned to Pam and Dawn.

"Good question. There was a slight mix up with the reservations and I accidentally reserved the honeymoon suite for David and myself... Michael paused and smiled at Jan. Jan rolled her eyes. "And the hotel wouldn't let me change it so we had to reserve fewer rooms than we originally planned."

"Ooh the Honeymoon suite, now who wants to have a drink?" David winked at the ladies. Meredith grinned again.

Karen did not look pleased. Dawn sighed and looked down at her luggage and Pam was trying hard not to notice the looks Dwight and Angela gave each other when Michael mentioned the Honeymoon suite.

"Now everyone," David said rubbing his hands together. "Let's load up the luggage carts, get settled in and then get sloshed... I mean have a drink." David corrected himself giving the camera a responsible nod.

David's Talking head: I wouldn't object to an overseas Romance if you will. Chris Finch says that American women are quite good in the sack. Not that British women aren't. I don't discriminate.

Michael looked over the checklist, turned to Dwight and asked "Where's Andy?" Dwight paused with an odd expression on his face

"Gee Michael, I don't know. I hope he didn't get left behind." Dwight looks over his shoulder at the camera with an evil grin.

Andy is standing in the parking lot at Dunder Mifflin looking around. He looks down at his watch, and looks around again.

" So are you both excited for whatever David and Michael have planned for us this weekend?" Tim asked Jim

"It's better than working... I think." Said Jim scratching the back of his head.

"At least at work you can find other ways to entertain yourself. It seems like we're at the mercy of those two." Karen added.

"Do you think they'll result to physical torture eventually?" Tim inquired

"I don't know I think they've pretty much mastered psychological torture." Karen said with certainty.

"I'd have to agree. It's amazing how two people can be so much alike. Maybe they're twins separated at birth!" said Tim staring at Michael and David suspiciously.
Karen and Jim chuckled.

" I think you may be on to something. Tim have you met Karen?"

"Karen Filipelli."

"Tim Canterbury."
At that moment Pam brushed by Jim and almost tripped over her heavy suitcase she was struggling to carry in front of her.

"Are you okay? Here, let me help you with that." Tim rushed to Pam's assistance. Tim picked up the suitcase with one hand he didn't look it but he was strong.

"Thanks!" Pam tried not to notice that Jim didn't even flinch.

"My name is Tim, Tim Canterbury." He put down the suitcase and shook Pam's hand.

"I'm Pam, Pam Beesly"

"Well Miss Beesly I'm not sure if you're aware of this but you were only supposed to pack enough for one weekend."

Pam laughed and said "I did but Michael needed me to bring some extra props for one of his speeches."

"And you brought them? You're a good sport."

Jim's curiosity was peaked "Props Beesly? I'm almost afraid to ask."

"Well don't, I'm sworn to secrecy." They locked eyes for a moment before Karen broke their gaze by fiddling with Jim's jacket.

Tim smiled "Come on then, Pam lets get this suitcase on a luggage cart before my arm falls off."

Jim watched them walk off before turning his attention back to Karen.

"Jim, I was thinking, it's so great that we're in New York. Maybe you and I can sneak away and see a show on Broadway or go out to eat in an amazing restaurant. Wouldn't that be great?"

"And miss out on all this fun?" Jim teased

"Just say that you'll think about it. I mean how often are we in New York?"

"Well if we can make sure Michael finds out about other paper companies in other countries..."

"Stop it." Jim could see she was in serious mode.

"Alright, I'll think about it."

"Well, I'll see you later." Karen gave Jim a quick peck on the cheek. Jim fought the urge to see if Pam was watching.

"What, you're leaving?" Jim hoped she didn't notice the hope in his voice.

"I want to make sure there's enough space for all three of us in our room. I'll meet you back here?"Jim looked at Pam and Tim from across the room they were whispering and giggling while glancing over at Dwight and Gareth as they loaded up the luggage cart. Dwight and Gareth were fighting over the proper loading procedure of the suitcases. Jim felt a twinge of jealousy.

"Hello... Earth to Halpert!" Karen waived her hand in front of his face.

"What? Oh yeah. I'll make sure not to leave without you." Jim smiled. Karen disappeared around the corner to where the elevators were. Tim did a slight jog over to Jim and picked up his suitcase.

"She's quite lovely." Said Tim

"Yeah, Karen's great." Jim replied

"Oh yes she's very pleasant to speak with, but I meant Pam." Tim said.
Jim paused and his eyes followed Pam's movements from across the room she was now admiring the loading job of Gareth and Dwight. Gareth and Dwight were bickering again.

"Yeah, lovely." Jim agreed. Jim glanced at the camera and then quickly looked away.

Dwight marched up to Jim and Tim "Question: When is everyone going out to the bar tonight?"

"Well I assume we'll all be going once everyone is settled into their rooms" Jim explained

Dwight shifted his stare towards Tim "I am aware that your culture permits you to ingest alcohol in large quantities but there are some here who do not wish to participate in such activities." Dwight's eyes shifted over to where Angela was standing. Jim tried to hide his smile "Therefore, I suggest that we don't go out to the bars but stay in the hotel lobby and have a contest as to who knows more about firearms." He turned to scowl at Gareth who had followed him.

" Couldn't we do both?" Gareth suggested

" Why don't you two stay here and argue about your useless knowledge while everyone else goes out and has a couple of pints." Tim said giving a slight smile to Gareth.

" Fact: Knowledge of firearms is not useless it could save your life one day
Fact: Michael said we should stay together." Dwight was very sure of these facts.

" Besides, Tim I don't think Rachel would appreciate you going out in another country. You're probably planning on getting into some American bird's knickers." Gareth sneered at Tim.

"Actually I think Rachel would be disappointed if I came all the way to America and didn't have a good time. She and I have an understanding. In fact she asked me if she could go out with you sometime."

"Did she really? When?" Gareth said, hopefully.

" I can't believe you believed me. No Gareth. No I'm not going to get in any girl's knickers and no, there is no possible way Rachel would ask me if she could go out with you." Tim shook his head at Gareth

" Who's Rachel?" Jim asked

" Oh Rachel is a girl I'm seeing back in Slough." Tim explained

Jim's facial expression softened and he started to like Tim a whole lot more. Tim had a girlfriend, good. Jim reminded himself that he, also had a girlfriend.
"Why didn't Rachel come with you?"

"Michael couldn't afford it." Tim said.

"Whoa, hold on Michael paid for you all to come over here?"

"Yes. David said something about a corporate credit card"

Jim smiled a very satisfied smile at the camera.

Jim's talking head: "Somehow I don't think Toby knows about Michael's splurge on our International guests. That should be a fun day."

Dwight and Gareth are trying to maneuver the luggage cart up the stairs.
"Wouldn't this be easier if we took the lift?" Gareth insisted

"The what?" Dwight was already annoyed

" The lift, we should take the lift."

" Don't try to confuse me with your foreign terms. It is an elevator, and they were constructed for the weak."

" I think this would work better if I were on top"

Tim and Dawn exchanged glances and tried to muffle their laughter. They were standing off to the side watching this whole endeavor.
" No, this way is more productive. Fact: I am stronger and I am wiser."

"You're just fooling yourself into thinking that. I could beat you in a fight if I wanted. I just don't want to."

"Why wouldn't you want to?"

"So I wouldn't intimidate the others"

"That's ridiculous. It is important to show others that you are capable of physically dominating them so they will be socially submissive and obey your every command"

" But if they don't suspect that you're stronger you can catch them off guard using the element of surprise."

Dwight talking head: "The British aren't as innocent as they want you to think. They throw up a smoke screen of charm and when you're not looking, they colonize other countries. I think we could learn a lot from the British... but they might try to colonize America again and THAT I will not stand for."

Pam and Dawn were waiting at the reception desk for their room keys.
"Hello, I don't think we met I'm Dawn Tinsley"

"Pam Beesly"

"So what work do you do with Dunder Mifflin?"

"I'm a receptionist"

"Oh, me too."

"Maybe we can exchange tips"

Dawn laughed, "My filing system is an absolute mess. Somehow working for David Brent means all the important papers wind up in the waste paper basket..."

Pam giggled. "I think my form could use improvements in answering calls"

"Oh I can help you with that!"

"We should also exchange tips about killing time."

"This might sound silly but I usually draw"

"Me too! I'm taking art classes right now on the weekends"

"Really? I used to be an illustrator for children's literature"

"Wow, how great! That must have been a lot of fun."

"It was. I miss it sometimes."

"Why don't you do it anymore?"

"Well, my fiancé..."

"You're engaged? This is so weird, I was engaged too!"

"You were?"

"Yeah, we broke up... It's a bit complicated."

"Isn't it always? Lee, my fiancé thought it would be best if I just concentrated on being a receptionist for now, so I quit illustrating. It was hard at first but sometimes you have to compromise."

"But you still do sketches?"

"Oh yes every now and then. The phone doesn't ring too often so I've become very good at wasting time."

"I know exactly what you're saying"

Pam's talking head: "I'm really starting to like this International Convention. Dawn and I have a lot in common and it's great to talk to someone who can relate. I haven't been able to talk to... I mean I just... I'm really glad Dawn came."

"Are you bragging about your amazing pencil sketchings, Dawn? I'd be careful if I were you or you'll intimidate the Americans with your artistic finesse." Tim leaned against the hotel reception desk.

"I think it would take a bit more than my drawings to intimidate them. Pam was just telling me she's a bit of an artist herself."

"Really?" Tim looked delighted "Maybe you two could get together and open your own studio. I could be your first customer,"

"Sod off!" Dawn playfully hit Tim on the shoulder

"Ow, hey, I was being serious. I'm serious!"

"Did you enjoy your flight sitting next to Gareth?"

"I did considering I was unconscious most of the time. I wish it could be like that always. Oh speaking of Gareth..." Tim looked at Pam then at Dawn and formed his face into a smug grin

"What about Gareth. You look awfully pleased with yourself, Tim. What have you been up to?"

"Oh... nothing?" Tim rolled his eyes towards the ceiling and his grin grew even wider as he walked slowly around the two women with his hands clenched behind his back.

"Yeah, right" said Pam "Something's up" Tim stopped walking and put his hands on Pam and Dawn's shoulders.


"Well, Jim and I were just having a chat and we were wondering if you two would be willing to join us for some friendly competition." Tim lowered his head, pleading with his eyes that they would say yes.

Tim's Talking head: Visiting America isn't as bad as I expected it to be. The Americans are quite nice with a few exceptions. And I think this weekend might actually end up being one of the best holidays I've ever been on, which is odd because Gareth is here."


Chapter 3 by Dymphna
Author's Notes:
Thanks for all the kind reviews. Keep them coming!

The camera zooms in on Dwight painting a poster that says : “England and USA together again!” Keith is watching Dwight paint.

“Word of warning” Keith begins chewing on a candy bar. “Don’t breathe in the paint fumes because it could effect your virility.” Dwight stops painting and turns and scowls at Keith.

 

Gareth is in one of the hotel’s conference rooms setting up chairs. Jim and Tim walk in. “You know Jim, I’ve heard a lot about the street performers here in New York.”

“Really, Tim? Like what?”

“Well, I’ve heard they’re connected with a secret branch of your government”

Jim stops, with a dead-pan expression on his face. “Who told you?” He says in a serious voice.

“No one, I mean it can’t be true can it?”

Gareth is listening intently

Jim speaks in an audible whisper “When I first got out of college, I played guitar out on the streets. I heard things, from other performers. They have unlimited access to special military combat strategies that no one has ever seen. They work on perfecting them.”

“You mean, the street performers work together?”

“SHHH!” Jim insisted

Gareth was hanging on their every word.

“How do they communicate?”

“Those tip jars, aren’t just for decoration. In fact I believe I deciphered their code. There’s going to be an uprising soon.” Jim looked startled and snapped his head in Gareth’s direction. “I’ve said too much” Jim said, and then slowly walked away with his hands in his pockets. Tim turned to Gareth and said “Great job with the chairs.” Then calmly walked away.

 

Pam and Dawn are looking at travel broachers. Dwight is nearby still painting the sign, this time with a surgical mask placed over his face.

“Pam, do you think we’ll have any time to sight see while we’re in New York?”

“Oh, I don’t know Dawn. I think Michael and David have the weekend mostly planned for us.”

“You mean we’ll be spending most of our time in the hotel?”

“Probably.”

“Is it safe?”

“What do you mean?”

“Well Pam, I don’t want to alarm you but I’ve heard many American hotels aren’t that safe. Many hotels aren’t prepared for emergencies like fires or electric outages, or floods.”

Dwight paused and his eyes shifted over to Pam and Dawn.

“Oh my gosh, you know I think I saw a special on that on the news!”

“Really Pam? Do you think there’s anything we can do?”

“I don’t know. We could talk to the hotel manager.” Dwight shook his head

“Pam don’t be so naïve you know they wont tell us the truth about the safety reports”

Dwight nodded.

You’re probably right. If only there were someone we could trust to inspect this hotel and make sure it was safe. Or to interview the employees to make sure they’re prepared in case of an emergency.”

Dwight stood up “Do not worry. As a former Lackawanna County volunteer sheriff's deputy I will make sure this hotel is safe.”

“Really Dwight?” Dawn said “Thank you so much!”

“No need for thanks. I am not a hero. I am just doing what any other citizen with my investigation skills would do. Now if you’ll excuse me. I have to prepare” Dwight glided off towards his hotel room. After he was out of earshot Pam and Dawn burst into laughter.

Everyone is taking their seats in the hotel conference room. A small portable cd player is playing “My country ‘tis of thee” in the background. The camera pans over to Michael then zooms out to reveal Michael standing in British Royal Guard attire. It pans over to David Brent, dressed in an Uncle Sam costume. Both bosses have ridiculous grins on their faces. 

The camera zooms in on Stanley who has annoyance written all over his face. He looks down at the crossword in his hands, looks from Michael to David, rolls his eyes, and takes a seat in the very last row of chairs.Phyllis sits next to him, Pam sits next to Phyllis followed closely by Dawn. The next row has Kevin in front of Stanley, Karen sits next to Kevin with Jim sitting next to her. Tim takes a seat next to Jim.

The rest of the employees file into the front of the room Gareth and Dwight fight for the seat closest to the bosses before Dwight claims victory and the scuffle is ended. Tim smiles when Dawn playfully ruffles his hair.

Jim looks back and gives Pam a quick grin. “How’s your room?” A big smile shines from Pam’s face

“It’s great! Dawn and I are taking one bed and letting Karen have the other.”

Karen chimed in “I told them they didn’t have to but they insisted. I’ve never seen two people hit it off so well” Jim flinched as he remembered how well Pam had gotten along with him when they first met. His heart ached, and he chose to ignore it.

“Glad to see things worked out.” Jim said

Pam opened her mouth to say something else but Jim had already turned around. Dawn stopped playing with Tim’s hair and looked at Pam and then at Jim. Tim turned to Pam and asked, “So Miss Beasley, how is the hotel inspection coming along?” Pam smiled “Well Mr. Canterbury, I believe Miss. Tinsley and I have made some progress…”

Tim plastered a shocked look on his face “Why Miss Beasley are you mocking me? Do you hear this Jim? Here I am making polite conversation and Miss Pam Beasley shoots arrows straight at my heart!”

Jim answered automatically “Yeah she tends to do that.”

Pam looked hurt, Karen nudged him “Jim!”

“What?” Jim realized what he had said, “Oh, I didn’t mean… um… Pam look…” Dawn and Tim looked at each other trying to figure out what was going on.

Pam softly said “I think I’ll use the bathroom before the meeting starts” she got up to use the restroom but Michael blocked her exit.

“Stop fair maiden for the meeting of two great powers will now commence! Back to thine seat!” Pam turned around defeated, and returned to her seat behind Jim. Jim tried smiling at her but she couldn’t look at him.

The exchange turned into a mini competition, both Michael and David trying to lead the meeting:

“Englishmen and American-men… and Englishwomen and American-women, lend me your ears!” Michael Scott started

“Right,” David cut him off “Today as you know I’ve been invited”

“by me”

“to explain to you all”

“Michael Scott”

“How our company in Slough”

“Regional Manager of Dunder Mifflin Paper Products.”

“Can help your company improve.”

“ We will LEARN from our English counter parts, and not only learn, but TRADE!!!” Michael nodded. Michael and David exchanged knowing glances.

“Trade?” Asked Ryan “as in trading ideas or different types of paper?”

“Nooooo” Michael said “We’ll be trading something much more precious than that”

“And by trading the our precious commodities if you will, we believe we can improve both our culture of business as well as the appreciation of what we have, because you know, you never know what you had until it’s gone from you. Until someone takes it and says no, you can’t have this back because I said so. That’s what true friends A.K.A. bosses do.” David explained

“What are these precious commodities, Michael?” Angela asked

“Is it anything to do with drugs?” asked Gareth, “because never mind about your street performers, combine them with drugs and it could make for a lethal combination because knowing what they know they could come along and…” Gareth cut across his throat with his finger. Jim elbowed Tim as they both tried to stifle their laughter.

“Drugs can’t be involved Gareth. It’s illegal” Dwight glared

“Actually prescription drugs aren’t necessarily illegal, some of them are quite soothing.” Creed said

“Michael, what is this about?” asked Phyllis

“Oh let me tell them,” David said

“I was going to tell them” Michael pleaded

“No I think I should” David laughed nervously

“I’m the host” Michael replied quickly

“But I’m the guest” David retorted.

There was a pause in the bickering as Michael and David stood eye to eye.

“Let’s both do it” Michael said, emphasizing "do it"

“On three one… two… three… EMPLOYEE EXCHANGE PROGRAM!”

End Notes:
Next Chapter: We find out what this Employee exchange program entails and see how the bars treat our lovable employees from both America and England.
This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1642