- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I own nothing mentioned in this story. NOTHING! SPOILERS through Safety Training and Episode 5 of the UK version
Author's Chapter Notes:
The day begins at Dunder Mifflin and at Wernham Hogg with some exciting news from the bosses.

Scranton:

"'G DAY MATES" Michael shouted at the employees of Dunder Mifflin. Stanley rolled his eyes, it was way too early for this. Michael grinned at the camera. “Today,” he said trying to keep his excitement contained, “Today, I have an announcement that will widen all of your perceptions on what it means to work in the paper business. Corporate has arranged for our branch to go to an International Paper convention!” Michael was positively beaming.

“YES!” Dwight shouted pumping his fist in the air.

“But Michael, wont that be expensive?” asked Phyllis.

“Not for me,” Michael said, “Jan is helping me foot the bill, just another perk for being in a relationship with my bonnie lass”

“What about the rest of us?” inquired Stanley, looking unimpressed.

“Well it might have to come out from your own pocket” Michael muffled these last words “But it’ll be worth it!”

“Where is this international convention?” Jim asked twisting around in his chair.

“New York.” Answered Michael with a slight bow.

“Well that won’t be too bad!” Exclaimed Phyllis

“What if we don’t want to go?” Angela asked through pursed lips with a raised eyebrow

“No one doesn’t want to go” Michael panted, “It’s International! We’re going to see the world!”

“We’ll be going to New York,” said Karen

“Yes, New York the capital of THE WORLD!” Michael said flailing his arms

“ I didn’t know there were global branches of Dunder Mifflin” Pam said.

“Well,” Michael looked at the ground for a bit then shyly twisted his head around to Pam “ There are no GLOBAL branches of Dunder Mifflin…”

“I thought you said this was International convention, Michael” Stanley mechanically said

“Well Stanley, it is because there will be another convention from Slough, England there at the same time we are and I just thought since they work in paper and we work in paper it will be nice to expand our global… influences, just, just deal with it. You all think that America is the only land that exists, but it’s not folks, I know. I went to Jamaica… with Jan”

“I thought it was urkle-gru?” Jim asked pulling his lips into a grin and raising his eyebrows inquisitively.

Michael’s eyes widened. “Yes… Urkle gru… but I still went to Jamaica and it was great, and I know now how other countries act and we will see that when we meet the Britts!” Michael continued in a horrendous cockney accent “They’re British Mate! Evenin’ Gov’nah! The Rain in Spain stays mainly in the Plain!!!”

“Cockney, nice” Dwight smiled

“That’s what she said!” Michael replied

 

Slough:

Dawn sat at her desk fighting off a massive headache. David Brent burst into the office waiving slips of paper in the air. “TICKETS!” He exclaimed.

“Dear God.” Dawn uttered. David bit his lip in an odd sort of smile.

“You have tickets?” Tim inquired.

“Guess where?” David said with a nervous laugh.

“ I can’t even imagine.” Tim said with a nod crossing his arms.

“ New York, isn’t that great?”

Tim nodded again. “Tickets to New York for Me, Gareth, Tim, Dawn, Keith, and...” his smile flickers “Neil.” David sneers.

His enthusiasm is met with silence.

“We’re going to New York?” Dawn asks

“Yes” Brent giggles, “We’re going over the pond, stars and stripes and all that.”

“Why?” Asks Gareth “In America there’s… wait… they have lots of guns in America, right?”

Tim turns and cocks his head to get a better look at Gareth, there’s a strange gleam in Gareth’s eyes. “It’s brilliant, when do we leave?”

“I’m a bit confused as to why we’re going to New York in the first place.” Tim says.

“Yes, and why are only a few of us going and not the lot of us?” Dawn chimed in.

“It’s quite simple, really” David said straightening his tie. “We can’t exactly afford to send all of us over there and we could only take six so I put names in a hat…” David paused for dramatic effect “And you all were the lucky ones picked.”

“But why are we going?” Dawn asked again.

“We’ve been invited by a paper company over there. A manager by the name of Michael Scott rang me a few days ago and wanted us to come over and teach them about our company.”

“So we’re leaving Slough, because a yank rang you and invited us over to New York?” Tim shifted his attention towards Dawn with that remark. They exchanged an unspoken bond of mutual amusement.

“How do we have the finances for this?” Gareth asked. “There’s no way I’m paying for my ticket.”

“It’s all taken care of. Michael Scott has put our tickets on his corporate credit card. We’re going on holiday!”

“This should be interesting” Tim muttered.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans