While You Were Out: Scranton Style by MrsLloyderineHalpert
Summary: My little "prediction" for the Season 4 Premiere. Spoilers up to The Job. Chapter Three is now up!!

Categories: Jim and Pam, Present Characters: Ensemble, Jim/Pam
Genres: Angst, Fluff, Humor, Workdays
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 1255 Read: 6125 Published: September 16, 2007 Updated: September 20, 2007
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

So if all goes as planned, this story will be...more of a script, actually. With some good old Michael "humor", Jim/Pam fluff...Jim/Karen/Pam Angst, and everything in between. enjoy!

1. Chapter 1 by MrsLloyderineHalpert

2. Chapter 2 by MrsLloyderineHalpert

3. Chapter 3 by MrsLloyderineHalpert

Chapter 1 by MrsLloyderineHalpert
Author's Notes:
Our season begins with Michael, in his usual fashion...

Cold open with Michael speaking in the Conference Room. Everyone has their usual looks of boredom (with the exceptions, of course, of Dwight and Andy). As Michael speaks, we see Jim and Pam sitting together. Jim very briefly squeezes Pam's hand when he thinks no one's watching. Karen sits in the farthest corner, hands folded in her lap, staring down.

MICHAEL: So, since someone [staring at Dwight; Dwight looking downcast] painted my office black while I was visiting New York, I thought this would be the perfect time for a team-building exercise.

PHYLLIS: How is repainting your office--

MICHAEL: [cutting her off] Because, Phyllis. I though since I have to repaint anyway, why not use this opportunity to create a whole new...scheme. A whole new decorum...scheme...for my office. And you, my loyal peons, shall be the designers, and the carpenters.

STANLEY: I am not redecorating your office.

MICHAEL: Yes, you are.

STANLEY: I am paid to sell paper. And I don't even like to do that if I can help it.

MICHAEL: Well, Stanley, you are paid to do what I say. And I say, it's time for While You Were Out--Scranton Style!

KEVIN: Whiel You Were Out?

MICHAEL: Yes, Kevin. It's like T rading Spaces, except...just for me. So! Ladies, you will be my design team. Uh, and you know what? Probably Oscar, too. Can design. [Oscar rolls eyes] And [looking around] Jim, you can be Andrew Dan Jumbo...uh...That's what she said. And, well, Dwight and Andy, you can be carpenters too, I guess. Just try to not suck so much.

DWIGHT: [jumps out of his chair] I swear, Michael, I will not let you down. I am an expert craftsman. I built my own crossbow.

ANDY: Well, that's great, Dwight. If Michael wants an ultra-nerd lair. I, however, have more practical carpentry experience. I have built an entire house by myself.

Camera cuts to Andy's Talking Head

ANDY: Yes, I have built a house. It was...7th...no, 8th grade. Woodshop. The birds in our backyard really seemed to enjoy it.

Cut to opening credits.

End Notes:
Alrighty, tell me what you think! I have Chapter 2 already written up, just need to do a quick edit and I can post it. And yes, it does have a fluffy Jam scene. So if you review, you'll get to read it really soooon! =D
Chapter 2 by MrsLloyderineHalpert
Author's Notes:
The first glimmer of Jam-ness :D

Interior of the main office area. Jim leans on Pam's desk, holding a sheet of paper.

JIM: Well, I for one, think this is way overdue.

PAM: Oh? Why's that?

JIM: Well, now I won't have to stay up at night worrying about whether or not you're going to sue me...

Pam joins in for the final words

PAM & JIM: over our love

JIM: Jinx!

Pam sighs and pushes her open coke can towards Jim.

JIM: That's cheap, Beesly. But, I guess I'll allow it.

PAM: Of course you will. If you want to "stay up late" tonight, or any other night...

As Pam finishes her sentence, she notices the cameras for the first time. Her face turns beet red. Jim turns and sees the cameras too. He smiles, turns back to Pam and winks, then begins walking back to his desk.

JIM: Catch ya' later, Beesly.

Pam and Jim share a Talking Head in the break room

JIM: Uh, yeah. Pam and I have been seeing each other. I broke up with Karen after my job interview last May.

PAM: We had a lot to talk about. And, uh, I won't bore you with the details. But we worked a lot of stuff out, and...yeah.

JIM: We've been trying to keep things quiet. Partially out of respect for Karen...but, mostly because, well, because of Michael.

PAM: Anyway, you know how things are here. Today Toby handed us this form and said we had to register with HR. So...I guess the secret's out.

Phyllis timidly peers around the corner.

PHYLLIS: Sorry to interrupt. Michael wants us all in the conference room to talk more about our "Design Plans".

PAM: Oh, okay, thanks Phyllis.

Pam gets up and begins following Phyllis out, motioning to Jim.

JIM: [to Pam] Yeah, hang on I'll meet you in there.

Pam and Phyllis walk out and Jim shuts the door, turning back to the cameras.

JIM: Okay, so I just have to tell someone. [He pulls out a small box from his pocket. Inside is a beautiful engagement ring set in white gold. Two small rubies rest on either side of the princess cut diamond. Jim grins broadly.] I'm going to ask Pam to marry me tonight.

End Notes:

la la la!!! Okay so it's totally improbable, but whatever. It was fun to write. Hope it's fun to read. Please review!!

Coming up next...A brainstorming meeting and how Michael manages to screw up Jim's plans.

Chapter 3 by MrsLloyderineHalpert
Author's Notes:
Ah Micheal...

As Jim walks into the conference room, Michael is addressing the staff.

MICHAEL: So, bey-otches, tell me what you got. [the room is silent. Michael lets out a loud sigh] That's just...you know what...fine.  That's okay, because I actually have some fabulous ideas for my office.  I'm thinking...black lights, big speakers, maybe a disco ball?  Par-tay Central!

OSCAR: [standing up] Actually, Michael, I guess...I do have some suggestions.

OSCAR [talking head]: Yes, I should be offended.  I should refuse to decorate Michael's office.  But, I mean...a disco ball?  Someone had to step in.

Back in the conference room Michael clasps his hands together excitedly.

MICHAEL: Great! Oscar, stepping up, showing your true colors.  Oh, and speaking of colors...

Michael pulls out a think stack of paint samples and throws them at the office workers.  Stanley picks one off his crossword, letting it fall to the ground before continuing his puzzle.

MICHAEL: [continuing] So design team, you can pick the cullahs for the office.  Dwight, Andy and I will be heading to Home Depot at 5:00, so ladies...and Oscar...make all the final decisions about colors and furniture and...stuff...by then.  You'll all go home, change, whatever, and meet back here at 6:00 sharp!

JIM: [shoots a worried look to the camera] So, we're doing this...tonight?   And it's mandatory?

MICHAEL: Um, yes.  Because A) we don't pay you to decorate offices.

JIM: So we're doing this tonight, on our own time, it's mandatory, and we don't get paid.

MICHAEL: [ignoring Jim's last statement] ...and 2) because Jan has been living at my condo for... a really long time.  I just need a night...not there...okay, Jim?  Not all of us can have gorgeous, perfect, naturally-full-breasted women for girlfriends. [Pam cringes at this last sentene] Plus, it's going to be really really fun.  We'll have a paint fight, order some 'za, maybe get a little wasted...

MERIDETH: Yes! I am there.

Later, Jim and Pam sit, quietly arguing, in the break room.

JIM: No, Pam, he's gone too far. This is ridiculous.  There's no way we're going to waste our whole night with this.

PAM: Aw, come on.  It won't be that bad. We'll get some free pizza and beer, and it's not like we have anything better to do tonight, right? [Jim looks pathetically towards the camera, trying to find some sympathy] Plus, someone has to make sure Michael doesn't inhale too many paint fumes.

As Pam finishes her speech,  she looks at Jim with the puppy dog eyes and sweet smile she knows he can't resist.  He responds by shaking his head and sighing.

JIM: You're so insane, Beesly.  But if you insist on putting yourself through this torture, I guess I have no choice.

Pam smiles triumphantly.

PHYLLIS [talking head]: Bobby's visiting his brother, Bill Vance of Vance Pool Supply, this weekend up in Albany.  So, I guess I'll come. [she smiles] I love "While You Were Out".

ANGELA [talking head]: As the head of the newly formed Design Committee, it is my duty to attend, if only to ensure that Michael's office is decorated as taste and modesty dictate.

STANLEY [talking head]: I'm going home to my family.  And I'm not coming back until Monday, when they'll pay me for it.  

End Notes:
please please please review!!!
This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2604