Kevin's Wedding by flonkertonxx
Summary:

Pam and Jim attend Kevin's wedding. It takes place one week after Jim and Pam have their first date. [:

Response to the Kevin's Wedding challange (x


Categories: Present, Jim and Pam Characters: Ensemble, Jim/Pam
Genres: Fluff, Workdays
Warnings: No Warnings Apply
Challenges: Kevin's Wedding
Challenges: Kevin's Wedding
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: Yes Word count: 2744 Read: 16539 Published: October 02, 2007 Updated: May 26, 2008
Story Notes:

Disclaimer - I own nothing but this computer i am writing on and the clothes i am wearingggg.

1. Love Peacocks by flonkertonxx

2. Oh, what a gentleman! by flonkertonxx

3. Don't Go Breakin' My Heart by flonkertonxx

4. Epilogue by flonkertonxx

Love Peacocks by flonkertonxx
Author's Notes:
This first chapter is very short. And i wrote it at 5 in the morning. So yes. There are probably a few spelling errors and things like that. I will try and get up another chapter sometime soon!

It’s been one week since Pam went on her first date with Jim.

 

It was such a wonderful night. They went to dinner at Cuginos, took a walk by the Wallempaumpack, and they already knew that things were going to work out. They decided to take things slow. It had taken them so long to get together, and now that they finally were, they didn’t want to mess things up.

 

They have only had time for one date so far though, but Kevin’s wedding was that night, and they were more then excited.

 

Actually, Pam was a little nervous, because the outcome from Phyllis’ wedding hadn’t been exactly what she expected. Her hopes for tonight were higher.

 

Pam turned on her computer. She and Jim had been coming to work extra early each morning so they could talk with each other in the break room or over the computer, and they ate lunch together everyday.

 

Jim saw an AIM pop up on his screen.

 

pambeesly: hiiii jim halpert :-)

jimhalpert: why, hello pam beesly! Are you excited for tonight?

pambeesly: yes, I’m very excited.

jimhalpert: good! i think I’m going to ask this beautiful girl, who I’m sure will look astonishing tonight, to dance.

pambeesly: I wish you luck with that!

 

Pam looked over at Jim and winked. He walked up to her desk and leaned over like he always did, and he took a jellybean from the container.

 

“I will bet you five bucks that Kevin will have a stripper at the reception,” Jim said.

 

“Ten.”

 

“Deal.”

 

They shook hands. Just then, Karen walked in. At the beginning of the week, Karen was extremely jealous of Pam. She never made any eye-contact with Pam or Jim whatsoever. Now, she was in a much happier mood because she started dating Roy.

 

Karen walked to her desk, still obviously ignoring Jim and Pam, with a huge smile on her face.

 

Jim tapped Pam’s desk and sat down at his own. They were still keeping their relationship a secret from the office.

 

Pam looked at Jim a little while longer once he left her desk, but turned her attention back to the computer screen.

 

pambeesly: Karen and Roy. They make such a cute couple. Those love pigeons!

jimhalpert: love pigeons? you’re losing me Beesly. why pigeons?

pambeesly: I don’t know… (-x

jimhalpert: would that make you and me love peacocks?

pambeesly: I could go for that!

 

They were both giggling. More people had walked into the office now, and were looking at them with confused faces.

 

Pam cleared her throat and put on a straight face.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After work was finally over, Jim walked up to Pam as she was putting on her coat.

 

“Can I come pick you up tonight? The wedding starts at 8, so I guess I can come pick you up at about 7:45,” Jim said.

 

“Alright! I will be ready!” Pam replied.

 

Jim handed Pam her bag and they walked to the elevator. They were the only ones in there, so Pam kissed Jim on the cheek.

 

Jim blushed, which caused Pam to blush too. He reached for her hand and they walked out of the elevator and to their cars where they separated.

 At least until 7:45 [:
End Notes:
Thiss ain`t the endd folkss !! More to come shortlyy !!
Oh, what a gentleman! by flonkertonxx
Author's Notes:

Again, this chapter is very short. The next chapter will be longerr, i promise [: i won't post it until i get more feedbackk thoughh!

 The dress Pam wears is based of this one that Jenna Fischer is wearing -

clickkclickk

Pam dashed home. She knew that she would take a while to get dressed. She decided to wear a brownish gold dress with a comfortable pair of shoes. She wore her hair in beautiful curls and had on nice jewelry. She wouldn’t have really spent this much time getting dressed, but she wanted to look nice for Jim.

 

Jim went home and didn’t spend much time getting ready. He wore nice pants, a button down shirt, a tie, and a jacket. He couldn’t wait for the wedding. He knew that he would be spending the whole night with Pam.

 

Pam heard Jim knock on the door. He had a special knock that she could easily recognize. She opened it up, and grabbed her coat.

 

Jim looked at Pam. He had never seen her look so beautiful.

 

“You look…..amazing, Pam,” Jim said.

 

Pam blushed. She was glad that she had impressed Jim.

“You look very nice yourself!” Pam said.

 

They walked out to the car together.

 

Jim opened up the car door for Pam.


“Well aren’t you the gentleman?” Pam said and sat in the car seat.

 

“Let’s just say that I like to impress the woman that I really want to be with,” Jim said and closed the car door. He sat down in the driver’s seat and started driving.

 

Pam then noticed Jim’s ipod.

 

“Oh score!” She said and grabbed it. She turned on The Great Escape, by Boys like Girls.

 

Jim started to sing along, and he was very off key. Pam started laughing.

 

“What’s so funny, Beesly?” Jim asked.

 

“Nothing! It’s just so cute when you sing off key!” She said, smiling.

 

Jim laughed and sang louder. Pam laughed even louder. He reached for her hand, and she laced her fingers through his and gave it a squeeze.

 

They drove in the parking lot of the church and walked in. They immediately saw Dwight. He was inspecting the pews.

 

“Dwight. What are you doing?” Jim asked, walking up to him.

 

“Checking these pews for termites. They are pesky creatures that can live through a bomb,” Dwight said.

 

“Umm... I don’t think church pews have termites in them. And I think you were thinking of cockroaches when you said ‘live through a bomb’” Pam said, trying not to giggle. Jim put his arm around his back and they walked away to sit in a pew. As soon as they took their seats, they erupted in a fit of giggles.

 

During the vows, Pam reached for Jim’s hand. He drew circles on the back of her hand and she had to fight not to smile at him the whole time.

 

When the ceremony was over, they stood up and began to walk to their car. It was dark outside and pretty chilly. Just then, Phyllis and Bob Vance (of Vance Refrigeration), approached Jim and Pam. They offered to give them a ride. Jim and Pam accepted and sat together in the back. The car was really small, so they had to cram together, but they were okay with that. They were still holding hands, forgetting that they were in a car with their co-workers, and Phyllis noticed.

 

“Are you two….. you know?” Phyllis asked.

 

Jim and Pam looked at each other and quickly let go of each others’ hand.

 

“Excuse me?” Pam asked.

 

“Are you two an … item?” Phyllis asked with a smile on her face.

 

Jim and Pam exchanged glances.


Jim asked, “What harm could one person knowing cause?”


Pam nodded, smiled, and looked back at Phyllis. “You caught us Phyllis. But will you do us a favor and not tell anyone? We are trying to keep it a secret from the office. I mean, if Michael found out… Who knows what will happen.”

 

Phyllis laughed and said, “I promise. I’m just so happy that you both finally found your way to each other.”

 

Pam held Jim’s hand again, squeezed it, and winked at him. He smiled at her.

 

Phyllis turned her attention back to staring at Bob Vance.

 

They pulled into the parking lot at the reception. The night was only beginning.

End Notes:

give me feedback

and then i will post chapter 3 [:

Don't Go Breakin' My Heart by flonkertonxx
Author's Notes:

I spent forever trying to figure out how to work on this chapter. Thank the lord for PokerChips who helped me work this out. It still isn't that great and i'm sorry it took me so long to put up. (:

 -----

okay, so i went back and changed some things after the wonderful pokerchips gave me suggestions. the ending of this chapter is different than when i first posted it

Jim held Pam’s hand as they walked into the hotel where the reception was being held.

 

They sat at their table so they could wait for the dinner to be served. As they took their seats, Pam nudged Jim.

 

“What?” He whispered.

 

Pam nodded her head towards Roy who had just taken his seat to the left of Pam. Karen sat next to Roy.

 

Jim looked at Pam with wide eyes. She reached for his hand and squeezed it. He squeezed it back.

 

Meredith and Toby were also seated at their table. Meredith had already drank too much and she was knocked out, her head in her plate.

 

The whole table was engaged in a conversation about the bad weather outside. Jim and Pam remained silent, obviously uncomfortable sitting near their previous partners.

 

As Pam reached to take a sip of her red wine, she felt a hand on her thigh. She looked at it and it was Roy’s. She pushed it off and gave Roy a warning glare.

 

“Excuse me a minute.”

 

She tapped Jim on the shoulder and signaled him to follow her. When they were out of sight from their table, she began to tell him what happened.

 

“Roy just tried to feel me up.”

 

Jim’s eyes grew large.

 

“Are you serious?”

 

She nodded her head and Jim spoke again.

 

“This may sound a little weird, but do you think Roy is with Karen just to make you jealous?”

 

“I thought the same thing. I think Karen is doing it too, to make you jealous.”

 

“Let’s just try and keep our distance from them and try to avoid them at all costs.”

 

Pam smiled at him. As they started walking back to their table, Pam stopped him.

 

“You owe me ten bucks.”

 

“What?”

 

“There was no stripper.”

 

Jim gave her one of his half smiles and she winked at him.

 

“I think maybe if you just asked me to a slow dance later in the night may also be worth it.”

 

When they finally made it back to their table, the dinner plates were gone and people were making their way to the dance floor. ‘Don’t Go Breakin My heart’ was playing.

 

Michael was singing.

 

Jim immediately looked at Pam and they burst into fits of giggles.

 

Pam grabbed Jim by the wrist and pulled him out on the dance floor.

 

“Ah, you’re kidding me Pam!”

 

“No I’m not!”

 

Jim and Pam started dancing and even sang to the lyrics a little bit just like the other guests were.

 

He spun her around and rolled her into his arms. She looked at him and laughed.

 

The song ended and Kevin made Michael go off the stage. The band started to play a song that they weren’t familiar with, so they made their way off of the dance floor.

 

Pam looked outside and saw people standing on a covered patio. They were eating things such as mini crab cakes and drinking Champaign.

 

Jim noticed her looking at it. “Hey, let’s go out there.”

 

Pam smiled at him and they made their way outside.

 

Jim got two glasses of Champaign and handed one to Pam.

 

He raised his and said, “To us.”

 

Pam giggled and clinked glasses with him.

 

It was really cold and Pam started shivering. Jim put his blazer on her shoulder.

 

“Thanks.” She smiled and nestled her head on his shoulder.

 

Pam excused herself to use the restroom. The Champaign made its way into her system.

 

When she was fixing up her make-up in the mirror, she saw Karen step by the sink next to her.

 

“Hey, Karen.” Pam was trying to be nice to Karen, even if she didn’t like her all that much. Karen merely just smiled back at Pam and looked back into the mirror. When Pam walked out of the restroom she saw Roy. He must have been waiting for Karen, but as she turned the corner to head outside, Roy grabbed her hand and pulled her into him. He wrapped his arms around her and started kissing her.

 

When all this was happening, Karen walked out of the Ladies Room and Jim came to get Pam. They both witnessed it happening.

 

Karen was burning with jealousy.

 Pam gets every guy she wants. And she always steals him from me! 

When Pam finally got away from Roy’s grasp, Karen grabbed Jim without thinking. Karen began kissing Jim fiercely.

 

Pam’s body started filling with rage. She could feel her face turning red with all of the anger. Her fists clinched and she felt like punching Karen. She knew Jim didn’t want that to happen and she knew he was angry too.

 

Jim pulled Karen away and Pam stared at them both with her mouth wide open. She was highly aware of the mischievous grin that was present on Karen’s face and she wanted nothing more then to slap it away. She felt the tears burning her eyes and red growing on her cheeks. She knew Jim was sorry and he didn’t have anything to do with it. She was sure he didn’t even kiss her back. All of the hate forming in her gut was aimed towards Karen and Roy.

 

Jim slowly began making his way towards Pam. His knees felt like jelly. He first saw Roy kissing his girlfriend, and the next thing he knew he was being kissed by his ex too. He saw the anger in Pam’s eyes. He saw the shaky breath that escaped from her chest. The silence was too much to bear. He wrapped his arms around Pam. When he felt her relax into him, he felt relived knowing that the anger wasn’t at him. He could hear her silent sobs and feel her occasional shakes. He knew that yelling at Roy and Karen would only make things worse so he decided to lead her to a more private area.

 

As he started making his way to a quiet corner, Pam stopped him.

 

“Jim… wait. I can’t just walk away and let him get away with that.”

 

She started walking back to Roy and Karen. Jim followed close behind her and she stood in front of Roy and looked him firmly in the eye.

 

She took a deep breath and slapped him.

 

Jim knew it was bad, but he had to fight to resist the urge not to smile and hug Pam happily.

 

“I never, EVER, want you to lay one finger on me again. When I said we are over, I meant it.”

 

Jim’s mouth dropped in awe. He was even more surprised when she turned to Karen.

 

“And I don't want you to ever even THINK about kissing Jim again, you got that? Why don’t you just date a pit bull?”

 

Karen and Roy were speechless. Pam watched them head out of the reception.

 

“Wow,” was all Jim could manage.

 

“That felt…refreshing!” Pam laughed and shook her hand. “God that hurt.”

 

Jim took that hand and kissed it.

 

“Better?”

 

“Much.”

 

“What got into you, Beesly?”

 

“I don’t know… I guess that was just something I wanted to do for a long time.”

 

“I wish I could have taken a part in that!”

 

She smiled at him, and he put his arm around her. They walked back outside to the patio laughing. They were both feeling much more giddy now.

    
End Notes:
Feedback is the only way  a new chapter will be writteennn !
Epilogue by flonkertonxx
Author's Notes:

I had to get this chapter up because I'm going to try and quickly finish this story and Blackout at Dunder Mifflin. Then, I can focus more on my other stories.

Pity me for this chapter is completely un-betaed. 

The next wedding that Jim and Pam were present at was their own. They flew up to the mountains in Colorado and the ceremony took place outside by a little cottage. Pam's dress was simple but made her look ravishing. Jim and his groomsmen were all barefoot. It went by fairly quickly but every moment seemed magical. The reception was at fancy hotel that was decorated to fit with the mountain atmosphere. People commented on how they had never seen a couple have as much fun on their wedding day as Jim and Pam did.

The time came for their first dance as husband and wife. She took his hand and he led her to the dance floor as You Are by Jimmie Wayne began playing. He gently placed his hands around her waist and pulled her close. She rested her head on his shoulder and her ring caught her eye. She admired it as the light hit it so it was glistening elegantly. Her heart had been full from the time Jim first asked her out to dinner but now it felt even more so because now she knew there was nothing that could come in between them. No more worries about Roy or Karen or anyone else.

Tears filled her eyes as she listened to the lyrics of the song. 

You are my love
You are my life
My heart and soul
The truest friend i've ever known
You are my world
All of my dreams
My fantasy, my reality
I love everything you are

Everything, i love everything you are

End Notes:

Eh, not my greatest writing ever. I wrote it in a matter of minutes so be easy on me, please!

But reviews are still the key to my happiness (: 

This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2690