In Living Every Day by moreperfecter
Summary:

This is a series of moments in the life of JAM. 

The title was inspired by a line from a favorite song, "Both Sides Now." You might find a few more sprinkled in along the way, along with other guilty pleasure song lyrics.

I just miss "The Office" so much, I feel like stories are floating in my head.

I hope you enjoy. :)


Categories: Jim and Pam Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 1314 Read: 5437 Published: October 12, 2007 Updated: December 04, 2007
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. From Up and Down, And Still Somehow by moreperfecter

2. To Say I Love You Right Out Loud ... by moreperfecter

3. Would You Care To Come Down For Fireworks Time ... by moreperfecter

From Up and Down, And Still Somehow by moreperfecter
Author's Notes:
“What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins.”
-Unknown
One day, you got asked out on a date by the boy of your dreams.

The day had been crazy, he had left and you were not sure if he would ever come back. You had told him everything at the lake on Beach Day, the same way he had told you everything in the parking lot on Casino Night. You talked about how you would be ok if he didn't come back but you didn't mean it. He drove back thinking ahead to what he would tell you, where you would go, where you would end up. And then he was there, asking you out to dinner. And it was a date. You rushed home and changed your outfit 4 times, he rushed home and tried to undo his haircut.

You answer the door and he is standing there, he's holding a bright bouquet of Gerber daisies. You both say "Hi" at the same time and laugh, and it was ok. In the car he tells you it was over with Karen, you tell him you were glad. He laughed his old laugh, and you smiled your new smile.

At dinner you drank wine but barely touched your meal, you were too busy telling him about bird funerals and art classes, Movie Mondays and moving outs. You both smile and laugh, sigh and reflect. It turned serious for only a moment when he told you he was really back, that he wasn't planning on going anywhere. You told him you were glad, and with that he reached for your hand. Your palm is sweaty but so is his, but it's more than ok.

He held it tight until he dropped you off at your door, as he kissed you goodnight, when he told you he would see you in the morning and tomorrow night, if you were free. You said you were, that you couldn't wait, and you knew that everything was ok. Everything was finally going to be ok.

And then, you kissed him, really kissed him, for the first time.
To Say I Love You Right Out Loud ... by moreperfecter

Memorial Day marks two weeks and three days since you went out on your first date. In seventeen days you have been on seventeen dates, all perfect in their own way. Kisses were growing more passionate and frantic, both of you wanting more but not wanting to be the one to make the big move.

It's the night before the holiday and you had just gotten back from a late movie. Jim is standing at your door frame, you are kissing and practically clawing one another. He comes in, never once stopping his kiss and it's you that finally pulls away. You tell him you don't want him to go home, he tells you he snores, you tell him you don't plan on letting him sleep. You are in your bedroom, he is kissing you all over and you can't believe that it's going to happen.

He tells you that he loves you and for the first time you say it back. The words are followed by kisses and moans, petting and panting. He is perfect in every possible way and you feel things you have never felt before. You realize that this is love.

You lay there, side by side, mouth to mouth, whispering declarations of love and amazement. You are holding hands between your chests, your other hand caressing his check, his other hand is brushing through your hair. Neither of you want to let go. He tells you he has wanted to do that for so long, you tell him "me too", the words are familiar but everything else is new.

You make love again and afterwards he falls asleep, smiling and holding you close. You look at the pile of clothes on the floor, yours and his, you realize how right it looks, how right it all feels. You realize that this is how it's going to be from this night forward. You fall asleep somewhere around dawn, his hand still in yours, just as summer officially arrives.

Would You Care To Come Down For Fireworks Time ... by moreperfecter
Author's Notes:
Title borrowed from a favorite James Taylor song, "On The 4th of July."

The Fourth of July finds you meeting his parents. He tells you he's never brought anyone home since his high school days. His family spends the 4th at the Jersey shore, so you pack and plan for your first vacation together. You buy new bathing suits and sunscreen for both of you, he buys boogies boards and beach chairs for two. On the ride down he looks so excited to be bringing you to meet his parents and family, you know you look pale and nervous. He holds your hand the whole ride, squeezing it and promising that they will all love you as much as he does.

You arrive late the night before the holiday and are greeted at the car by his mom. As soon as you see her broad smile and shining eyes, you know where he gets his magic from and suddenly your nerves are gone. She hugs you before she even hugs Jim, and you know she knows all the history between you two as she whispers in your ear "It's so good to finally meet you, sweetheart." You hug each other tight and you don't know if you have ever felt such a connection with someone so quickly. His dad is as charming and handsome as he is, and he teases you in the same way Jim does. It's almost midnight but Jim's brother (Jon) and his wife (Samantha) are waiting to meet you inside. They are expecting their first baby in the fall and your heart swells when you see Jim rub Sam's baby. You feel like you have known them forever within minutes of meeting all of them. It's the same way you felt the day you met Jim.

It turns out to be the perfect 4th of July. The morning brings a festive parade, with the Halperts decked out in red, white, and blues. Everyone heads down to the beach for an afternoon of playing in the waves and enjoying each others company. Its feels like the culmination of the last time the two of you were by the water on that other beach day but you never could have imagined on that night that things could turn out this right.

As dusk approaches, the family digs in to a delicious barbecue and you settle in on the deck to watch the fireworks display. It's the first time you realize that you love that Jim isn't afraid to hold you hand or say "I love you" or kiss you right in front of his family or anyone for that matter (with the exception of the office) and you think that it's incredibly sweet . Watching the fireworks with his family, seated in between his long legs, his chin is atop of your head, you are still except for a few stolen kisses.

You catch his mom nudging his dad's arm to look at you both and you smile back at both of them. You know you are a part of this family now and you feel that now familiar swelling of your heart.

The long weekend sadly comes to an end and you lay together in bed, sun-kissed and so relaxed. All you can hear is the ocean crashing and the beating of your hearts, peppered with "I love yous" and the like. You both place light kisses on one another's shoulders and necks, not needing anything more that that on this night. The room is pitch black but you have never seen each other so clearly. You tell him that this is the happiest you have ever been.

Tomorrow you'll go back to Scranton and you suspect the feeling will stay with you.

This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2696