- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Author's Chapter Notes:
“What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins.”
-Unknown
One day, you got asked out on a date by the boy of your dreams.

The day had been crazy, he had left and you were not sure if he would ever come back. You had told him everything at the lake on Beach Day, the same way he had told you everything in the parking lot on Casino Night. You talked about how you would be ok if he didn't come back but you didn't mean it. He drove back thinking ahead to what he would tell you, where you would go, where you would end up. And then he was there, asking you out to dinner. And it was a date. You rushed home and changed your outfit 4 times, he rushed home and tried to undo his haircut.

You answer the door and he is standing there, he's holding a bright bouquet of Gerber daisies. You both say "Hi" at the same time and laugh, and it was ok. In the car he tells you it was over with Karen, you tell him you were glad. He laughed his old laugh, and you smiled your new smile.

At dinner you drank wine but barely touched your meal, you were too busy telling him about bird funerals and art classes, Movie Mondays and moving outs. You both smile and laugh, sigh and reflect. It turned serious for only a moment when he told you he was really back, that he wasn't planning on going anywhere. You told him you were glad, and with that he reached for your hand. Your palm is sweaty but so is his, but it's more than ok.

He held it tight until he dropped you off at your door, as he kissed you goodnight, when he told you he would see you in the morning and tomorrow night, if you were free. You said you were, that you couldn't wait, and you knew that everything was ok. Everything was finally going to be ok.

And then, you kissed him, really kissed him, for the first time.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans