It Was A Good Halloween by TheRabbit
Summary: It's Halloween again. Ensamble episode in novel format, served with a side of Jam. Set after 'Money'.
Categories: Present, Jim and Pam Characters: Ensemble, Jim/Pam
Genres: Fluff, Humor
Warnings: Adult language
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 4867 Read: 7041 Published: October 30, 2007 Updated: November 12, 2007

1. Cold Open by TheRabbit

2. PBandJ Make.... Grilled Cheese? by TheRabbit

3. Ohmygawd! by TheRabbit

Cold Open by TheRabbit
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: TheRabbit doesn't own the Office. She just likes to borrow and play with characters. They're more fun than playing with a bunch of carrots.

A/N: This is my first Office Fanfic. I'm dedicating this to a cat.... yes... a cat. You see I was working on some photography the other day when I came across a picture of a kitten I fostered several months back. Thinking of his name got me watching my DVDs... then the plot bunny attacked.
So to Halpert the kitten. May Little Tuna still be stealing socks (but not putting them in jello), annoying bigger cats, being best friends with a dog and being the amiable little guy he is at his new home.
*Italics are talking heads*
It was Halloween.

Which is why when the camera panned to Jim and Pam walking through the door, the sales rep was wearing a cape, and the receptionist was wearing a tiara and homemade sash that said "Miss DunderMifflin" along with their usual workday clothes. Phones rang, and with slight smiles they took their respective seats. Dwight's eyes locked onto them both, furrowing his brows at Jim and Pam. In fact, a rotund king, a white cat, a garishly costumed singing pirate, a Latino in a poodle skirt and blouse, an old hobo, Indian Little Bo Peep, a witch, and a large butterfly all looked at them in question.

"Hey, Dwight." Jim casually sat in his chair, giving a passive glance to Dwight as he wore some elaborate jumpsuit ensemble. "Nice.... erm... superhero costume?"

"This isn't a costume," Dwight declared snippily, his hand going to the drop holster at his side.

"Then what are you wearing for Halloween?" Pam asked while turning on her computer, glancing up and noting that nearly everyone rolled their eyes. Seeing Jim's mischievousness already coming into play just seconds after entering the office, a smile tugged on her lips as she struggled to keep a straight face.

"This is a 90% accurate reproduction of Starbuck's fighter pilot jumpsuit from Battlestar Galactica," he explained, pulling the fake gun out of his holster and pointing the muzzle at Jim. "It cost over five hundred dollars and I had it specially made from a man I met at Dragon Con." Dwight smirked as he thought it was, in fact, the coolest thing ever. Pulling the trigger and making a 'ka-pow' noise as he fake-killed the man he worked next to.

"Why is it only 90% accurate?" Jim quizzed effortlessly while sifting through paperwork. "Where's the other 10%?"

"It's just the fit of the suit." He pulled the trigger a few more times while exploding a few more 'ka-pows'.

Jim paused, giving the camera an already exasperated look.

"What are you, Halpert?" His lips curled into a taunting sneer. "There's no superhero that wears a cape with a tie."

"Super Jim does."

Phyllis the butterfly gave a smile as Andy the pirate began to acapella 'Underdog' in a lower voice.

"KAPOW!"

"He fights..."

"KAPOW!"

"With..." Jim's face pulled into the expression of subdued annoyance.

"KAPOW!"

"Faithful sidekick Miss DunderMifflin Receptionist." Swiftly reaching out, he snatched the gun away and watched as Dwight mentally turned into a child.

"Give it back."

"Ummmm…? No."

With a determined growl he attempted to seize it. "Jim, give it back!"

"I. Don't. Think. So." The long arm kept the gun firmly out of reach.

"Jim, that reproduction cost three hundred dollars!"

"Wow.... you spent three hundred dollars on this?" Tilting his head up, Jim inspected the sci-fi gun. "Does it fire real bullets?"

Dwight paused for a moment, his jaw setting as a quick flash of foolishness hit his face before being swallowed by his insane pride. "....No."

"So you bought a gun that doesn't work....."

"It's a re-production. NOW GIVE IT BACK." He lunged towards the taller paper salesman.

Jim pushed the floor with his heels, his chair rolling back so Dwight missed. Shaking his shaggy head, he feigned a sigh. "There's no need to get violent."

"Jiiiim giiiiiiiive it baaaaack."

"Will you stop shooting me?"

"Hey, Jim?" Pam's eyes skimmed her computer screen with a collected face. Regardless she was giddy with her find.

"Yes, Pam?" He tossed the gun to her.

"DON'T THROW IT! AGH!"

Pam caught the bulky thing with both hands as Dwight cringed. "I have found something very interesting." She made a face at the gun, then opened a desk drawer, dropped it inside, and locked it. "Did you know that Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica is a girl?"

Jim's eyes lit up with this marvelous development. "Excuse me?" Leaning back in his chair, he began to chuckle. "Oh. My gawd."

"Dwight's a girl?" Kelly's voice resonated from her niche in the back.

"No," Dwight barked.

"I knew it!" Andy proclaimed, stroking his fake pirate beard with utter satisfaction. He put his boots up on his desk, the big feather in his hat fluttering with the movement.

"No!"

"It says that Starbuck's real name is Kara Thrace, and she's a girl." Pam smiled a touch.

Dwight's face blanched as much as a Schrute's face could. His eyes narrowed as Jim gave a highly amused face and some giggling from fellow office mates filled the background.

"Dwight's a girl," Kevin snickered in humor from his corner desk.

"I am not a girl!"

"There she was justa walkin' down the street singin' doo-wah-ditty-ditty-dum-ditty-doo," Andy taunted in melody. "Snappin' her fingers and'a...."

"Shut. Up. Andy. I am not a girl."

The e-mail on Jim's computer chimed. He clicked it open and viewed the attachment, raising his eyebrows as a quirky smile pulled on his lips. "This picture I just got on e-mail says something very different." Turning his screen to show the camera the picture of a blonde woman in the exact same flight suit as Dwight. "So Dwight... Dwightoria...? Dwighterella...?" Shaking his head as he could not find a decent name, he glanced over at the seething man. "Kara? So Kara, when did you first realize you were in fact feminine?"

"You're not funny you insubordinant, caped worm," he bit back, rising up out of his chair.

"You know, I think you need to embrace all of this, including the fact that you may be PMSing." His eyes followed the fussy pseudo-Starbuck as he stomped over in his combat boots to reclaim his sidearm.

"Pam, give me back.."

The door burst open, and a man in a ski mask with a gun exploded in. "DOWN ON THE GROUND! DOWN ON THE GROUND!"

Jim's face was struck with horror as he looked to Pam with fear and dropped to the ground with the rest of the frightened office.

Well, almost everyone

"RAAAAAAAAAAA!" The male Starbuck charged the man and hit him like a linebacker, sending him to the ground.

"DWIGHT!" The man shrieked in a familiar voice.

Everyone slowly got up and gawked.

"SHUT UP FELON!" Dwight beat the man.

~%~%~%~%~%

Michael was disheveled and covered in brown makeup with a curly wig.

"So.... keeping up with topical events... I went as OJ when he robbed that place...." He gazed out into the distance. "Dwight doesn't know a joke when it points a gun and screams at him."


~%~%~%~%~%

Jim stood next to Pam's desk and watched Dwight spar awkwardly with the man they all knew was Michael. No one stepped in though. Dwight wasn't really hurting him yet.

"Thanks for protecting me, Super Jim," Pam told him dryly.

"I figured my super powers weren't adequate enough to risk any thrilling heroics." he quipped back. "Shall we call the cops and tell them a girl has pinned OJ Simpson?"

"I AM NOT A GIRL."
End Notes:
Please give your honest opinion about canon, plot, believability, ect. TheRabbit always appreciates the truth ;)
PBandJ Make.... Grilled Cheese? by TheRabbit
Author's Notes:
Wow, many thanks for the shiny stars. And Happy Halloween everyone! If you're in the middle of California, in the foothills, ad a community college and you find a dashingly dressed female pirate. That's me.
Michael, with a brown face, seemed stressed as he talked to the camera.

"Well, it's Halloween. Time for candy and fun, dressing up all…. Imaginatory… ily …" A fake smile was plastered to his face as he attempted to sound excited. "I passed out sour gummy worms to the kiddies of the office who dressed up… which was everybody but Stanley because he is a man who has no Halloween spirit… no worries though…." His voice trailed off, and he seemed brought down by something as he slouched in his chair. "Hm?" Leaning in, he listened to the camera man. "Me? Glum? On Halloween? That's ridiculous!" As he laughed, his phone rang and he picked it up, giving the camera the signal for just a minute. "Great Scott! Michael Scott….." His face dropped. "Oh, hi Jan…. yes…. Uh huh…. Uh huh…." He turned his back to the camera and began to whisper. "You know…. Maybe you should see if they're hiring at the school….. well you could be a really hot lunch lady…."

The line clicked on the other end as Jan hung up.

He paused, then set the phone in its cradle, turning to the camera. "Jan's still unemployed….. and since I'm in debt, I've been hoping she would get a job so we could have more moolah….." Sounding depressed about his tense relationship, he brought back a smile. "Moolah, moolah, moolah... it's what makes the world go 'round and Papa Scott don't got enough of it right now.... and he couldn't afford the costume he wanted."

Just then, Oscar in his poodle skirt came in.

"Oscar! Embracing your.... homo-ness I see." The phony OJ giggled at the camera. "Bet you loved Hairspray, huh?"

Oscar pursed his lips to refrain from saying something about the remark. "Michael, I...."

"Cross-dresser!" Michael coughed. "All of the men of your tribe totally dig that, don't they?"

"Um... Michael, instead of answering that I am going to just tell you I have worked on your personal debt and set up a comprehensive plan to get you out of debt...."

~%~%~%~%~%

"Michael has put himself in debt... mainly by purchasing magic kits, several copies of the complete DVD set of Friends and Sienfield, a wholesale box of whoopie cushions, a mannequin he dressed as himself so he could leave the office with a body double in his place, a puppet that looks like Ryan when he wanted to be a ventriloquist, a steel drum... So... yes..." Oscar nodded his head slowly and let out a long sigh. "A lot of reckless spending, and Jan came in a few days ago and asked if Accounting could help him out with his finances.... I personally don't think she trusts him...."

~%~%~%~%~%

"The Seinfeld and Friends DVDs? Well, I've bought multiple copies because every time I lose a DVD, I need to replace it. It's not like you can buy those seasons separately...."


~%~%~%~%~%

Michael, as his wig made him what to scratch his scalp, skimmed the plan Ocsar had handed him. "Mmmmmmm, nope."

"Excuse me?"

"Excuse you? Excuse me... Oscar.... but this plan is absurd. I basically can't go out and buy anything that I need." He tossed the file back at Oscar, the papers exploding out and scattering all over the room.

Oscar, stunned, blinked a few times. "Michael you can purchase necessities, you just can't buy props, magic kits, go to the movies....."

"But those ARE necessities Oscar. And this... this is just unacceptable." He gestured angrily, trying to figure out what to further say. "This is a travesty and I will not take this."

"This is a travesty?"

"Yes."

"Really?"

"Gaw.... geez Oscar you are so clueless!" Michael's anger flared as he wasn't getting his way. "These are needs."

"No, they aren't."

"Yes, they are."

"No, they are...."

"Ahmenashiplick!"

Oscar stopped talked after being assaulted with gibberish.

"Now." Michael calmed his voice. "I want you and all of accounting to go and come up with another plan and have it on my desk at the end of the day."

"But we have work."

"I know, but my financial issue is more important than your job, isn't it?"

~%~%~%~%~%

Super Jim was sitting next to his sidekick Pam, eating a bag of chips as she thoughtfully worked on a low fat mixed berry yogurt. They were silent for the most part, both with an inward, happy, knowing countenance to them.

"So uh.... is it ridiculous that I am nervous about all of this?" he asked in a soft voice.

She shook her head, honey curls bouncing whle her tiara glimmered as she licked her spoon. "I am. Kinda."

"Kinda?"

"Kinda." Giggling, she shrugged her shoulders, shifting her eyes towards him and gave a warm look. "It's a big step."

"Yeah... it... um.. it is..."

Hearing the tone in his voice, she furrowed her brows with concern. "Are you having doubts?"

"No! Absolutely not. It's just... it's going to be a lot of work, and a lot of commitment...." Casting his soulful eyes to the tabletop, he looked back up at her. "It's that whole nervous thing... that and I'm wondering about a boy or a girl and names....." He stopped talking as they felt someone behind them.

Dwight watched them with a shrewd eye.

"So, um..." Jim talked with more of a hush to his voice. "I was thinking maybe this weekend... I dunno..."

Dwight went over to the refrigerator and grabbed a bottle of beet juice from a shelf.

"Well, I've been making a shopping list at my desk...." Pam added with a same nervousness to the subject. Trying to mask it, she bit her lip before coming up with something. "You know... for all that extra candy we're gonna need tonight."

"Right. Candy."

~%~%~%~%~%

Dwight scowled at the camera.

"Boy? Girl? Names? List?" He scoffed, then gave a more determined expression. "I cringe at the thought of Halpert's seed taking root." Pausing, he conjured up a description. "…Like Sharon's Cylon baby on Battlestar....."

~%~%~%~%~%

Starbuck Dwight scuttled over to Angela the cat.

She looked up at him in annoyance, and the garish pirate tilted his chin up to watch as Angela was his girl now. Rolling her eyes, she gave an un-amused face. "What?"

He was practically giddy as his mouth twitched with anxiety. Finally, something to get back into her good graces. "I have some office gossip."

"Gossip is a sin." She countered, not wanting to talk to him as Sprinkles was still a fresh, festering kitty wound.

"What if it IS about a sin?"

Oscar the sock hop girl and Kevin the king watched with warranted suspicion.

~%~%~%~%~%

Angela's face was like etched granite.

Stern, pinched, judgmental and painted with nose and whiskers.

"I always knew she was a hussy. And now she's burdened with an illegitimate child?" She sighed in disagreement to the turn of events "It just starts a vicious circle of sinful lust and broken families. I feel bad for that baby..." Her eyes narrow and her face turns stern. "I saw this coming a mile away."

~%~%~%~%~%

Kevin's Burger King crown was jaunted to the side in an attempt at attitude.

"So, I overheard Dwight and Angela talking about Pam and Jim. PB & J are having a...." Kevin was suddenly very puzzled with how to end the statement. "Grilled cheese?" He heaved his slumped shoulders and gave a lazy smile. "Niiiice."


~%~%~%~%~%

Oscar had his head titled ever so slightly to the side. It made the ponytail wig bob.

"So Jim and Pam?" He mulled it over, his face tinged with blush as his mascaraed eyelashes batted. "Wow.... I wish them the best." His voice was sincere, yet he suddenly changed to a somber attitude. "That and I hope that Michael doesn't wreck their moment."

~%~%~%~%~%

The party planning comittee sat around the conference table. Miss. DunderMifflin Receptionist with a sketchbook, idly drawing while the white cat dictated, the pirate next to the feline. The butterfly listened, though she was more or less intrigued by Pam's artwork of the Victorian house that was at the corner of town.

Angela pulled her head out of her notes, eyes skimming the area, and her face looking like a peeved off Persian. "Is anyone listening to me?"

"Well, you know I am pretty kitty," Andy chimed in, as he had naturally joined the committee in order to get closer to Angela.

" I know you are…. But these two…."

"Hm?" Phyllis looked up and saw the simmering wrath of an accountant staring her in the face.

"Did you hear anything that I said?!"

"No… I was watching Pam." She bowed her head, clearly not the dominant type. "She's drawing the Stein's house for them and it's…."

Pam bit her upper lip and shut the book. She had in fact been drawing, and was getting paid for this drawing too. A few people in town had seen and liked her stuff, so they wanted a few pieces to hang up. She was flattered, having a blast, and found it an effective way of ignoring Angela or Dwight when she and Jim didn't have a plan cooked up.

"We're at a meeting right now." Angela cut off the older woman, her face set as she chided. "This is not art hour." Addressing Pam, "We have a party in a few hours and we must decide on decorations."

"Yes! Decisions!" Andy backed her.

"I'm sorry, but I thought you really didn't need us." Pam shrugged her shoulders. "I mean, you always have it planned out." Making an unhappy face, she took a deep breath. "Can I be excused? I'm not feeling too well." Before Angela could answer, she rose up, gathered her pencil and sketchbook, and left.

The door shut behind Pam when she left.

Angela's mouth dropped in disbelief before she promptly scowled. "Just because she's in the condition she's in… making up excuses…."

"What. Do. You. Know…..?" The pirate leaned in, ready for juicy gossip.

"Condition?" The butterfly, trapped in the room with the cat showed genuine worry. "What's wrong with Pam? Is she ok?"

"It's just gossip. But…."

~%~%~%~%~%

Phyllis beamed.

"Pam and Jim are going to have a baby…. That's so cute. They'll make great parents…. I just hope Michael doesn't pressure them to make him godfather…."

~%~%~%~%~%

"ALL RIGHT TUNA!" The pirate's smile was amazingly broad. "Boom chica wah wah! He totally hit that! Sunk it in! Knocked her up! Tuna you dog.... We got ourselves a love child a'comin."
End Notes:
Comments are like Candycorn on Halloween ;)
Ohmygawd! by TheRabbit
Author's Notes:
Sorry about the delay, this has been typed up for awhile, however my poor beta got sick and couldn't do that beta thing. Thankfully, a lovely replacement beta has stepped up, checked out this next add, and we're ready to continue this little Post Halloween Special.
Jim watched Pam’s discomfort as she was working on her computer.

Going over, cape fluttering behind him, he leaned against her desk and looked down. “What’s wrong?”

She grimaced. “I don’t think I should have had my yogurt.” Looking up with some pain in her eyes, she was met with Jim’s ‘I told you so’ face. “Last night was just too much candy.”

“Hey, I wasn’t the one that scarfed down all of the little peanut butter cups.” He quibbled back, pointing a playful finger at her. “That. Was. You.” He have a silly smirk.

Pam’s eyes widened at the accusation. “Oh… no, no, no.” She gave out a wry little laugh. “This is your fault.”

Starbuck Dwight, from his desk, listened like a well trained spy.

“Nope.”

“Jim….”

“It was you.”

“But I didn’t open the bag of candy.”

“You cannot blame me!” He laughed. “It was you and your lack of self control.”

“I told you that candy was for the trick or treaters!” She whispered accusingly at him.

“And yet you proceeded to eat all of the peanut butter cups while watching Bones.” He countered quickly.

“You ate almost all of the Kit-kats.”

“But I left a few, there in lies the difference, Beesly. I didn’t give myself an epic sugar induced tummy ache. I….” Stopping, he turned around as there was an errie silence in the office. Super Jim and Miss DunderMifflin Receptionist found that almost the entire office was watching them.

Pam glanced to the side, confused as to why they were the center of attention, and saw Angela’s eyes from behind the partition. “Um…. What’s going on?”

Angela slid back down, her cat ears the last thing to disappear. “Nothing.”

Jim and Pam exchanged silent suspicion, and Jim went back to his desk.

Little Bo Peep Kelly popped out of her spot in the corner, looking around with her usual curiosity. Seeing Butterfly Phyllis getting up and heading to the break room, she followed.

Creed, Stanley, Merideth and Kevin followed too.

~%~%~%~%~%~

Kelly was bouncing up and down like someone had glued springs on her shoes.

“Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd!” She clapped her hands, drew in a deep breath, squeed, then continued. “Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! OH MY GAWD PAM’S PREGGERS!” Letting out another squee, her face seemed stuck with a permanent smile as she continued bouncing like an over strung Golden Retriever. “This. Is. So. Totally. Bananas.” She beamed, her cotton candy pink dress rustling and flouncing with her giddy movement. “Pam and Jim are gonna make cute babies! I mean, not as cute as mine and Ryan’s…. But the baby’s gonna be ah-dor-ra-ble! Oh my gawd what if she has twins?! Two cute babies!”


~%~%~%~%~%~

Stanley blinked at the camera, clearly, not caring.

“All I can say is they better start savin’ for college.”

~%~%~%~%~%~

Hobo Creed pondered thoughtfully.

“Pam. Who’s Pam?” He asked. Leaning back in his chair, he listened to the camera man, and his eyes lit up. “Ohhhh. You mean Penny. Penny’s having a baby? With who?” He nodded his head. “Well that’s nothing new. Many a child was conceived out of marriage in the sixties. I was a man of the sixties, traveled with a few bands as their driver. Best time I had was probably with the Grateful Dead… though I had a great time when I was with Jimi…. I met a lady named Janis when I was with him at Woodstock, followed her for awhile until I ended up staying at a commune.” He trailed off for a moment before focusing back. “I met quite a few ladies back then, no doubt I have a few out of wedlock running around between here and Haight Ashbury.”

~%~%~%~%~%~

Merideth shrugged her shoulders and sipped her coffee thermos filled with something that wasn’t coffee.

“Hope she knows she can’t drink.”

~%~%~%~%~%~

Kevin looked through the window at Jim and Pam. Turning, he grinned at the camera.

“I think her boobs are already bigger.”

~%~%~%~%~%~

Jim heard Michael prank calling Ryan as OJ while he finished up a call and set to work processing an order. His IM chimed, and the camera zoomed in to see the little box.

Pam@Reception: Busy?

With a smile, he looked over and saw her face, then her hands as they gestured for him to type. Setting his fingers on the keyboard, he began.

Jim@Sales: Why?

Pam@Reception: Bored @_@

Jim@Sales: Tummy ache better?

Pam@Reception: No so achy.

Jim@Sales: Want some peanut butter cups?

Pam@Reception: Shut up.

Jim@Sales: How can I shut up if I’m not talking?

Pam@Reception: You are such a dork.

Jim@Sales: Love you too.

Pam@Reception: *Gasp* The L-word!

Jim@Sales: :p

Pam@Reception: :p

Jim@Sales: Sooooo…. I was thinking since Dwight wore his flight suit today we would initiate our plan that’s prepped for Friday. You in?

Pam, peered out over the receptionist desk and observed Dwight at his seat, staring down a tootsie pop. Suddenly, he pushed his stopwatch, tore off the wrapper, and attacked the helpless grape pop. His teeth obnoxiously crunched the shell, and some fell down his flight suit as he made growling noises. As soon as he has eaten the entire tootsie pop, he turned off his stopwatch and grinned, raising hands up to the heavens in victory.

Pam@Reception: I’m in.

Jim@Sales: Great, as soon as I find the time I’ll duck out and get everything….

“Boom chica wah wah.” Andy the pirate sung softly was he gave Jim a smug look and passed him. The disturbance halting Jim’s typing.

Super Jim looked up at Andy, clearly baffled. “What?”

The pirate, lingered at his desk. “Nothin’.” He gave Jim a wink.

“Do you have a twitch?”

“No, but I know you got somethin’, you know.” His smile, was sly as he gave Jim a punch in the shoulder.

Jim, looked to Miss DunderMifflin Receptionist for an answer.

Pam’s face said it all ‘I have no clue.’

"I really have no idea what your talking about." Jim answered back.

"Oh come on Tuna," He leaned in and whispered into Jim's ear. "I know."

"Still... don't know what you're talking about."

"You know... boom chica wah wah."

"Did you just sing porno music in my ear?" Jim asked, rolling his chair and ear away from the pirate's head. "Andy, I had no idea you felt that way." He feigned astonishment. "But I'm with Pam right now.... and I'm pretty sure it just wouldn't work out."

Andy's face slackened under his pirate beard, then formed a frown.

"You might try Dwight though, he's apparently into cross dressing."

Starbuck Dwight gave Jim a vile look. "I do not cross dress."

"Right." Super Jim give an unconvinced head nod, then gazed at the pirate. "Again, what do you know that no one else does?"

"Everybody knows." Dwight scoffed, then paused. "Except...."

Without warning both Andy and Dwight, both knowing who didn't know, scrambled to Michael's office. Flinging the door open, pirate and Starbuck got stuck in the door. Fighting, Dwight pulled the feathered cap over Andy's eyes and then shoved him backwards, falling into the room. Stumbling to his feet as Andy did the same, he slammed to door on his face, then promptly locked it. Gasping, panting, he turned with wild eyes to OJ as Andy pounded on the door.

"I know something." He told the regional manager, wicked grin curling his lips.

“DWIGHT’S DRESSED LIKE A GIRL!” Andy bellowed in an attempt to sabotage the gossip report. His declaration was despite the fact that he himself was wearing a gaudy purple vest and eye liner.

Michael stared at Dwight, trying hard not to laugh. “What?”

Dwight shifted nervously. “He’s lying.”

“HE’S A GIRL!” Andy, locked out, plastered his face up against the window glass, his beard fanning out against the smooth surface. Pounding on the glass, he wanted to be the stool pigeon. “Let me in! Pirate’s cooler than a chick!”

“Jim got Pam pregnant!” Dwight blurted.

Andy slid off the glass.

Jim looked to the office wide eyed.

Pam, wasn't close enough to hear anything but watched Jim's reaction.

Michael’s mouth dropped open.

Dwight grinned. "Yeah, he did, and I told you he did."

~%~%~%~%~%~

"I must admit." Michael beamed. "Today I felt something magical was going to happen. I walked in here, and I just knew. And you know what? Magical moments, need to keep being magical, so a boss needs to feed the magic, and express it so his workers can enjoy it."

~%~%~%~%~%~

OJ, opened the door and came out with a wide grin, Starbuck dutifully plodding behind.

"Everyone!" He garnered their attention. "Everyone... Stanley." He frowned, seeing that Stanley was not listening but was in fact taking a call. "STANLEY."

Stanley looked up. "I'm on a business call."

"Well business can wait because this is special."

Stanley rolled his eyes.

"Now Stanley." He pressed, waiting until the man had hung up to further continue. "Everyone, it's come to my attention that we have some very big news, some very good news as our family is growing. Jim, Pam...." He beckoned them to stand up.

"Um....." Jim, was still gawking, in a state of shock. Simply staring at his girlfriend as she got up and went over to Michael with the wariness of a person searching and disarming land mines.

"Come on Big Tuna." Andy, grabbed him by the shoulders and hoisted him to his feet. Stumbling Jim into place, he slapped Super Jim on the back. "So calling you-know-what Little Anchovie." Winking, he took an at ease stance behind Michael.

Pam and Jim looked at one another in confusion.

Michael took their hands. "People of Dunder Mifflin. I am happy to announce that Jim and Pam, will be bringing a child into this office, and it takes an office to raise a child...."

Pam's face drained of all color.

Toby, frowned and looked away in defeat.

Jim, continued to look as if he had been hit across the back of the head with a blunt object.

"I thought it took a village to raise a child." Poodle Skirt Oscar quizzed.

Michael's brown painted face lost some amusement. "Well we're like a village."

"No we aren't."

"You know what... shut up ok? You're totally killing the love of the moment." He snipped back, then recovered his giddiness. "We have a Dunder Mifflin baby on the way, and that's what matters." His eyes, moved to the white cat. "Angela, I want a baby shower by the end of the day."

She showed clear bewilderment. "But the baby shower usually isn't till later."

"Well I don't care, I want a pre-baby shower shower. Got it?" Turning to Jim, he gave him a hug. "You'll be a great dad." Then kissed his cheek and pushed Jim, who was now even more shell shocked because of the kiss, aside, and did the same to Pam.

~%~%~%~%~%~

Jim and Pam were seated together.

Both slack jawed and wide eyed as they stared at the camera, like two bewildered deer in front of a semi. The pair turned and gazed at one another.

Super Jim, quirked his brows, prompting an answer out of her.

Miss DunderMifflin Receptionist, vigorously shook her head to the point that her tiara was in danger of flying off. Turning to face the camera, she continued to shake her head, while Jim simply covered his mouth with his hand and the shock slowly left his body.
End Notes:
Feedback is like a basket of puppies, warm fuzzies for a writer.
This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2809