Goin' Courtin' by malaz85
Summary: I look at Jim and Pam's first few 'real' dates and some random ones along the way.
Categories: Jim and Pam, Past, Episode Related Characters: Jim/Pam
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: No Warnings Apply
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 13 Completed: No Word count: 10526 Read: 45142 Published: April 15, 2008 Updated: July 19, 2008
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

I know it's been done before, but this is how I imagine the dates going.

1. Realization by malaz85

2. The Date by malaz85

3. The Best 3 Hours by malaz85

4. 2nd Date by malaz85

5. Good Dates Must Come To An End by malaz85

6. Flirt by malaz85

7. Finally by malaz85

8. You're Beautiful by malaz85

9. "I Love You" by malaz85

10. Last Date by malaz85

11. Dinner and A Movie by malaz85

12. Rain by malaz85

13. Zoo by malaz85

Realization by malaz85

Jim had a lot of time to think. The drive from New York City to Scranton is long, but he feels like it’s nothing compared to the road he’s been traveling on for the last few years. He knows what he’s going to do when he gets there, but part of him is hoping he didn’t misinterpret things. He seems to have a knack for doing that. He’s got a million thoughts rolling through his mind, his heart won’t stop racing, and he’s having trouble going the speed limit. He can’t wait to get there, to see Pam. But even though he’s horribly distracted, and can’t focus, all he can picture is her. He loves everything about her. He wants to be with her forever, just so he can give her what she deserves-true happiness.

He pulls into the Dunder-Mifflin parking lot, picks the spot next to Pam’s car, turns his car off, and closes his eyes. He dreams of the future. The life he wants, and the woman he wants in it. It’s so close, he can feel it. But then he thinks about reality. “She’s already rejected you twice, what makes you think it won’t happen again?” He blocks those thoughts out, because he knows if he keeps thinking about them, he won’t ask her. “Time to go, Halpert.” He gets out of his car, and walks into the building.

---------------

She says yes, and as he leaves the room, and runs out to his car, they’re both oblivious to the grins that are plastered on each other’s faces. As he showers, gets dressed, and even stops to buy her flowers, all he can think of is two little words.

Date. Pam.

He’s going on a date with Pam. Even as he drives into her apartment complex, he still can’t believe it. He’s nervous, and it shows. He hasn’t stopped sweating since he left the florist, his big hands, which are already clumsy, seem to not be helping things. He’s shaking so badly he can’t even grip his keys, and when he’s walking up the stairs to her door, he almost trips.

Calm down, Jim, he thinks to himself. You’re going on a date with Pam. The girl you’re in love with is finally giving you a chance. God, he can’t mess this up.

He softly knocks on her door, while taking a few deep breaths. She opens the door, and his breath stops. Pam always takes his breath away, but tonight, at the threshold of their first real date, it hits him.

“You look beautiful.” He manages to utter, never taking his eyes off of hers.

“Thank you.” She gives him a shy smile, and motions for him to come inside.

He obliges, and returns the smile.

As she shuts the door, eyes no longer locked, he finally gets the chance to look at her. She’s wearing a new blouse, one that he’d only, up until now, dreamed of seeing her wear, accompanied by a pair of pin striped grey slacks. She’s stunning, and he finally lets out the breath he’s been holding since he first saw her.

“Oh! These are for you. I hope you like dasies….I wasn’t sure which flowers to get you.”

“Jim! You didn’t have to get me anything, but I love them. Thank you!” She takes them from him, and puts them on the kitchen counter.

“I’ve still go to put some shoes on, so make yourself at home. Can I get you something to drink?” She asks.

“Nah, thanks though.” He responded.

Pam walked through the hall into her bedroom. She softly shut the door, and closed her eyes. “Jim is sitting in my apartment. JIM is sitting in MY apartment.” She thought to herself. “You’re changing Pam, and it’s time to go for what you want…who you want. He needs to know. No more uncertainty.”

She found her shoes, opened the door, and practically skipped into the living room. She saw Jim standing with his back to her, looking at the books on her bookshelf. She didn’t think he had heard her enter the room, so she walked over to him and threw her arms around him from behind, burying the side of her head into his back.

“Thank you for the flowers. You’re off to a good start…”

She kept her arms wrapped around him for a few more moments before realizing that he hadn’t spoken and was making no movements to hug her back. She slowly unwrapped her arms from him, before taking a few steps back, and breaking the silence.

“I’m sorry, I don’t know what got into me.” She muttered, looking at the floor.

Jim turned around to face her, eyes also to the floor. Pam looked up at him, and watched as he slowly lifted his head up, but kept his eyes to the floor.

Her heart sunk in her chest as she recognized the look on his face. It was the same look he gave her when she jokingly said “Jim, you can tell me anything” on the day when they played the harmless game of Jinx.

“Pam, I can’t do this.”

End Notes:
Want more? I'm not sure if I like this story, but if YOU do, review, and I'll post more. 10 reviews=A new chapter.

P.S. If you didn't know, the name of this story is from a song on "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers". :)

The Date by malaz85
Author's Notes:
Jim explains (sort of), and the date continues.

“Pam, I can’t do this.”

“Can’t do what?” Pam asked timidly, not really wanting to hear the answer.

“This…” He points to Pam, and to himself. “I gotta know something first.” He pauses, to collect his thoughts. He takes a deep breath, and opens his mouth to speak, but before he can get a word out, Pam interrupts him.

“Did you break up with Karen?” Pam rattles out.

“Yeah…I did.” He says slowly.

“Okay. Then I want to say something.” She stops for a second, almost halting her thought, but she remembers what she silently told herself in her room, just a few moments ago, and decides to continue. “I like you Jim. I don’t know what you want, but I know what I want.”

Their eyes meet as soon as she says his name. The sad look he had on his face has disappeared, but he’s not quite back to normal, and Pam can sense it.

“That’s pretty fortunate, Beesly, ‘cause I happen to like you too.” He says.

She could tell he wanted to say more, and she knew exactly what it was. She sensed some hesitation at the end of his sentence, so she decided to make it easier for him.

“Hey, we don’t need to have this talk right now, if you don’t want to. I mean, lets just have a good time together. Okay?”

“Yeah, sure.” He looked relieved.

“I’m not really hungry. Are you?” She asked.

“Not really. What do you want to do instead?”

“Want to play some games? I’d like to see what kind of mad skills they taught you up in Stamford.”

“Sure!”

Jim grinned, as he took a seat on her couch. A few moments later Pam came skipping back into the room with some games in her hand.

“Uno?” She asked.

“Bring it, Beesly. I’m so going to whoop your butt.”

--------------------

They played games for a few hours, snacked on food, and drank beers. For the most part, it was a pretty low key night, except, on several occasions, Pam caught Jim stealing glances at her.

“Hey, why do you keep looking at me?” She knew where she wanted this to go.

He turned visibly red, and snickered.

“Wow…I didn’t know you caught that. I guess I keep looking at you because I can’t believe I’m here. With you. Nothing in our way.”

“Yeah, it’s pretty weird, isn’t it? Actually, pretty cool, if you ask me.”

“Absolutely, it is.”

She had her hand laying flat on the coffee table between them, and he slowly reached out and slid his hand under hers. Their fingers intertwined, and Pam gave his hand a gentle squeeze. Their eyes met, and they exchanged a shy smile.. “Yeah, this is going to be good.” Pam thought to herself.

“I’d better get going.” He said, unwillingly breaking the moment.

“Yeah, it’s getting late.”

“Can I see you tomorrow? I’d like to go on a real date with you, not that this wasn’t a real date, but I’d like to take you out on one that involved dinner, and more than a kid’s card game. If you behave until then, I might even cook for you…”

“I’d like that.” She replied, with a huge grin on her face.

Jim got up, and Pam followed suit. She walked him to the door, where they exchanged a hug, and said a soft goodbye, before he headed out the door.

Pam shut the door, turned around, and leaned on the door.

“Oh. My. God. I think I’m in love.” She said out loud. She stood there for a while, before heading off to her bedroom to get ready for bed.

Jim got home, and walked into his apartment. He carelessly plopped his stuff down on his couch, while shedding his clothes, putting on boxers and a t-shirt, and climbing into bed. He thought sleep would come easily tonight, but after 2 hours of tossing and turning, he finally gave up, and walked to his kitchen to get a drink of water. He stood in the kitchen for a moment, before he heard a familiar noise coming from his bedroom. He curiously walked through the hall and into his room to see his cell phone vibrating on his night stand.

“Who, for the love of God is texting me at 3am?” He grumbled.

The sour look he had on his face diminished as soon as he saw the message.

End Notes:
Oh, there is so much more to come, including a chapter that will knock your socks off! Seriously, I cannot WAIT to post the next chapter!

You know the drill. Reviews=More chapters.

The Best 3 Hours by malaz85
Author's Notes:
I decided to hold off on my 'really, really, really good chapter' and break them into two peices. Date #2 will be next, and it will be amazing. Stay tuned!

From: Pam B.

Wake up. Can’t sleep. Your fault. You are obligated to text me back.

Received: 3:08am

Jim chuckled to himself. ‘How did I live without her for so long?’ He hit ‘reply’ and texted her back.

From: Jim H.

My fault? If this is about you losing at Uno, I’m sorry that I’m so talented. What can I say, Beesly? You bring out the best in me.

Sent: 3:10am

'Too forward? Nah, lets do this‘, he thought before sending it. He waited 5 long minutes for her to respond, before he gave up and laid back down in bed. ‘So much for me not screwing this up. Way to go, Halpert.’ Seconds later his phone vibrated again, but it wasn’t a text message.

Incoming call: Pam B.

“What the…?” He said outlound, before hitting ‘answer’.

“Hey.” He smiled to himself at the thought of getting to hear her voice again.

“Hey! I can’t sleep. Did I wake you?"

“No, I couldn’t sleep either. Everything okay?”

“Yeah, I wonder what’s going on. Maybe we ate too much junk food…and beer.”

“Hey, I’m not the one who ate the whole bag of M & M’s. I didn’t know you could down that much chocolate, Beesly, but I guess you ARE a woman who has those kind of issues.”

“What?!” She was giggling now. “You helped me finish the bag! Don’t go pegging those things on me, Halpert.” She stopped laughing, and her voice got softer. “Besides, I don’t think that’s why I can’t sleep.”

“Yeah…me too.”

There was an awkward silence for a few moments, before Pam timidly said,

“Do you want to talk about it?”

“…Can we?”

“That’s what best friends are for, Jim.”

Jim and Pam spent the next three hours talking about important things, nothings, life, the past, and them. They were filled with laughter, tears, questions, and confessions. Neither of them sat still the entire time they talked, spending their time walking around their apartments and laying on their beds and couches when the topics turned serious. Something happened to both of them during those three hours. Jim opened up in a way that he never had before, and Pam, the girl who had vowed to be strong, knocked down the walls that she never even knew she had up. It was the best either of them had ever felt, and neither wanted the magic to end. Eventually, after every serious topic had been touched on, and past wounds had been healed, the best three hours of Jim and Pam’s lives finally came to an end.

“Pam, I want you to know there’s nothing more I’d like to do then to keep talking to you, but I think that sugar high we were both on earlier is finally wearing off…” He said hesitantly.

“Yeah, you’re right, we should both get to bed.”

“I can’t tell you how nice this has been. I haven’t had anyone to talk to like this since…well, you.”

“Thanks, Jim. We’re still on for tomorrow, right?”

“As if you even had to ask. I wouldn’t miss it for the world.”

“Okay, I’ll see you tomorrow. Sleep well, Jim.”

“You too. Good night, Pam.”

“Hey, Jim?”

“Yeah?”

“Welcome home.”

She wanted to tell him more, how she really felt, but even after all that was said and confessed tonight, she thought it was something that needed to be done in person.

Not surprisingly, neither of them really slept after that, and it wasn’t due to a high that involved sugar.

End Notes:
Review, please! Next chapter (the REALLY awesome one I've been promising) is coming up next, but only if you review!
2nd Date by malaz85
Author's Notes:
The date you've all been waiting for. I hope you like it. Review if you do!

Jim awoke around noon, after the most amazingly pleasant restless few hours of sleep he’d ever experienced. For the first time in years, he woke up with a grin on his face. He lay in bed for a few minutes, replaying parts of their early morning conversation in his head. It was so nice to have someone to talk to, someone who understands that he had a past, namely Karen, and will freely talk to him about it. In his haste of trying to forget about Pam, he had forgotten the reason that he had fallen in love with her anyway. Last night, he was reminded, and now he loved her more than ever. There were no uncertainties anymore. It was clear to him that he needed to be with Pam, now he had to make it happen. He reluctantly got out of bed, finally surrendering to a new day.

---------------------------

An extremely nervous Pam arrived at Jim’s apartment at 6:45, hoping that she wasn’t too early. She could smell his cooking before she even stood in front of his door. Before she knocked, she took a deep breath, partially to calm down her nerves, but also as reassurance. She knew what she wanted to happen tonight, and she was pretty sure, from the route that their conversation took last night, that Jim wanted something to happen too. However, she wasn’t sure how ready he was. After all, it had only been a little over 24 hours since he’d broken up with Karen. She thought to herself: ‘Whatever happens or doesn’t happen tonight, you’re still best friends. That’s been good enough for 5 years, right?’ She laughed, and then added ‘No, it’s not good enough anymore, not after last night.’

She raised her fist up, and lightly knocked on his door.

The door swung open seconds later, and a apron-clad Jim stood grinning from ear to ear at his date.

“Hi, Beesly, come on in! You look great, as usual.”

“Thanks! You’re not looking too bad yourself there, Halpert.“ If his grin could have gotten any bigger, it would have. She continued, “I’m starving and it smells so good in here! What are you cooking?”

Before he answered, he walked over to her and took her in his arms, and gave her a hug that she could feel all the way down to her toes. The hug caught her off guard, but then her arms went up and reciprocated, and Jim forgot what she had even asked. They stood there, locked together for a few moments, before Pam’s grumbling stomach interrupted the silence.

He pulled away and said, “Geez, Pam, you weren’t kidding. It’s too bad I don’t have any M &M’s to hold you over. Dinner’s not quite ready yet…” He paused, and then went for it, “But if you join me in the kitchen, I might be motivated to work a little faster…”

Pam smiled at him, and followed him into the kitchen. Jim stood at the counter, and Pam, after being told to make herself at home, hopped up onto the counter, right next to Jim, facing him. She loved sitting up like this, with a whole new perspective of him. He’s tall, but sitting like this, she was able to look down at him, and watch his every movement and facial expression as he talked to her and grated cheese for their tacos. Unlike Jim, she didn’t have anything else to focus on, but him.

They talked for a while, never mentioning last night, and he was amazed that even after all they had talked about before, they still had everything to say. He wished he could just talk to her, and look at her the whole time, but he needed to get dinner finished, or who knows what Pam would do to him…maybe that wasn’t a bad thing, he thought to himself.

Pam was sitting in front of the cupboards, so he asked her to retrieve a bowl he could put the cheese in. She awkwardly twisted her body, and stuck her arm up to open the cupboard door. The doors were older and cheap, and after her first attempt to open the door, she yanked on the handle again, and this time the door flew open, and before she could catch it, the door smacked Jim right on the side of the face. He yelped, and clutched at his face, the cheese grater clattered to the floor, and Jim, taken quite by surprise, and in a little pain, fell backwards onto the kitchen floor. Pam jumped off the counter, and ran over to Jim, kneeling over him.

“Oh my God, Jim. I’m so sorry! Are you okay? Let me see…move your hand!”

He laughed, “God, Pam, you sure clocked me one. What did I ever do to you?”

Jim moved his hand, and where it had been, Pam saw a small bump that had just formed. She looked it over, and then ran over to the freezer to get some ice. She knelt over him again, and pressed the ice to the bump, her palm resting on his cheek. Her other hand raised up, and gently moved a piece of stray hair away that was in front of his eyes. Their eyes locked for a few moments after this simple sign of affection, and everything either of them felt was magically conveyed as Pam threw all caution to the wind, and leaned down and placed her lips gently on Jim‘s. Their eyes closed, and the second their lips touched, Jim let out a sigh through his nose, and moved his hands from where they had been at the side of his body, and up into her hair and around her neck. It was a gentle kiss, but just what both of them needed.

For a moment, even with Jim lying flat on the kitchen floor, and Pam leaning over him, lips still locked, the world seemed to stop. Past pain had all been forgotten, as the love they felt for each other was silently transferred.

When Jim raised his head up off the ground to deepen the kiss, Pam unwillingly pulled away. She wanted to keep doing this, but didn’t want it to go too far. Jim put his head back down on the ground, slid his hands down onto her shoulders, and with their eyes still locked, and Pam still cradling his face in her hands, leaned down again and placed a kiss on his cheek, telling him everything he needed to know.

“I’m sorry.” She whispered.

End Notes:
I have another chapter written for this date, and you may like it, just as much as this one...review, and you may get to see it. :)
Good Dates Must Come To An End by malaz85
Author's Notes:
Fluff, fluff, fluff. I love fluff, and so should you. Here's the conclusion of date #2

“I’m sorry.” She whispered. She pulled her head up just enough to look into his eyes again. “Are you okay?” Jim shook his head.

“Does it hurt?” Pam asked.

Jim nodded. “Right here.” He pointed to his lips. “Seeing as how you almost knocked me out, I think you should kiss me better.”

Pam laughed, and leaned down again to firmly kiss Jim on the lips. This was soon interrupted by Pam’s growling stomach…again, letting them know it was WAY past dinner time.

“My God, Pam. Let’s get you fed before you do something crazy. Oops….too late…” He grinned.

She lightly smacked him in the arm as she helped him up.

-------------

After dinner, Pam offered to help Jim clean up the kitchen, as a sort of peace offering for almost knocking him unconscious. She was leaning over the dishwasher, loading in the last few utensils from dinner, when Jim walked up behind her and picked up the dishtowel that was sitting on the counter.

“Hey…“ Pam, hearing Jim enter the kitchen, turned towards him with her eyes still on the dishwasher. “Do you want me to run this now, or wait until---”

*SNAP!*

Pam heard it before she felt it, the stinging pain from someone snapping a wet dishtowel against her leg.

“OH, you are SO DEAD!” She growled at him, while looking frantically around the kitchen for another towel.

“Serves you right, Beesly!” Jim laughed outloud. “Don’t dish it if you can’t---”

*SNAP!*

“GOD, that hurts! Get back here! We’re not even yet!”

A giggling Pam ran past him towards the front door, realizing too late that she was cornered. Jim was facing her, a devilish grin on his face, as she was backed into the corner, towel twisted and ready in his hands.

“Say mercy, Pam! I have you cornered!”

Pam knew she was stuck, so the braced herself as the second snap came, this time on her arm.

“Ouch! God, Jim, that hurt.” She wasn’t smiling anymore.

Jim’s grin immediately disappeared, as he rushed over to her, cradling her arm.

“I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to hurt you…” He caringly offered. He took her arm in his hands and looked it over. “Where did I get you? I don’t see anything.” Before he could catch on what was going on, Pam grabbed his towel, and ran back into the kitchen.

“SUCKER! I SO got you!” She triumphantly yelled. “What are you gonna do now, Halpert?” Jim walked over to her, with an intense look in his eyes, one that she recognized from that day on the cruise, when she almost kissed him, for the second time. Before she had a chance to speak, Jim’s lips crashed into hers, catching her completely off guard. In order to catch her balance, she had to drop both towels, and hold onto the kitchen counter to keep from toppling over. Once she realized what was going on, her hands flew up into his hair, and she pressed his face into hers, wanting to feel him closer. His arms closed around her torso, enveloping her into an intense hug. After a few minutes of kissing, she felt her senses weaken, as she turned every bit of her remaining attention to Jim and his lips. Oh, it felt good. She hadn’t felt this good in a LONG time, and she didn’t want it to end. Before her brain even registered what was going on, Jim quickly leaned down, grabbed the towels, and ran into the living room.

“Who’s the sucker now, Beesly?!”

“You. Are. So. Dead.” She enunciated to him, running to meet him in the living room.

---------------

Two hours later, once they had finally gotten even and decided to watch a movie, Pam lay curled up on the corner of his couch, and Jim had one elbow propped up on the side of the couch gazing down at her.

His fingers lightly grazed her cheek, trying not to wake her, but needing confirmation that this was REAL, this was Pam. He gazed lovingly at her for a few minutes, occasionally touching her face, before gently nudging her awake.

“Hey.” He said softly once she stirred.

“Hi. What time is it?” She asked sleepily.

“3. Come on, I’ll drive you home.”

She fell asleep on the way to her house, and he helped her up to her apartment. He kissed her on the cheek, and told her he’d bring her car by tomorrow. She sleepily said goodnight and closed the door. Jim stood outside of her apartment for a moment, not wanting the date to end. He closed his eyes. He pictured them, in the future, at a time when nothing stood between them. He happily smiled to himself at the realization that that future had already begun.

“I love you.” He whispered to the door.

He turned around, got into his car, and drove home.

End Notes:
Want more? Reviews will tell me if you do.
Flirt by malaz85
Author's Notes:
Just a little flirtage between Jim and Pam before they begin date #3

Monday morning was BRUTAL. Not only was it slightly awkward between Jim and Pam, but all Jim could think about was what had happened last weekend. He wasn’t really sure where to go with things. He knew he wanted to date Pam, but he wasn’t sure how to go about starting it. After a few hours of pretending to look busy, he finally got up to go to the break room, hoping to grab some caffeine so he could attempt to wake up.

He heard the ker-plunk of the soda can hitting the chute, then a set of footsteps behind him. He knew it was her before he even turned around.

“Hey, Pam.” He said, while turning around to take her in.

“Hi. Watcha got there?”

“Oh, just a Coke. I can’t seem to focus today, and I‘m pretty tired. I was out pretty late last night…”

“Oh…” Pam immediately turned red.

“No…I mean…Uh….that’s not what I meant.” Shoot. Why did he sound like an idiot?

“Um, yeah, I’m pretty tired as well. I was out late too, but I have a good excuse…” Yeah, let him misinterpret that. “Speaking of which, do you have plans tonight?”

Wow, he wasn’t expecting that. “Yeah, I do, actually.” Time for her to get a taste of her own medicine.

“Oh.” She didn’t hide the disappointment in her voice.

“There’s this girl who I’m hoping will accompany me to dinner tonight. She’s really beautiful. You might actually know her.” A smile slowly began to form on Pam’s lips. “Come to think of it, she’s a receptionist too. You two should get together.“

“Hmmm…Well, she sounds great. I hope you two have fun together.” With that, Pam walked out of the break room, with a mischievous grin on her face, leaving Jim to stand in the middle of the break room, dumbfounded.

---------------

Their playfulness went on for the rest of the day, before Jim walked over to Pam’s desk shortly before 5. He leaned over her desk wanting to be closer to her, but also wanting to be discreet. She looked up at him with an expectant look on her face.

“Where would one go to dinner if they wanted to impress a certain special someone?” He was trying to keep a straight face.

“I don’t know…I think this special someone might not need to be impressed anymore. If she’s already agreed to dinner, she probably likes you a lot already.”

“I’m not so sure about that…She’s kind of abusive, and I just don’t know how I feel about that…”

“It’s affectionate abuse.” Crap, I really am abusive! “Trust me, Jim. She likes you..”

“Okay then. I guess I’ll have to pick her up at 7 to find out for sure.” He tapped her desk before getting his jacket off the rack and walking towards the door. “Have a good night, Beesly.”

“I will, Jim. I will.”

--------------------------

Jim knocked on Pam’s door at precisely 6:50. His beautiful special someone opened the door wearing a little black dress with her hair down, falling over her shoulders.

When he finally caught his breath, he spoke, “Hey, Pam! My date cancelled, so I thought I’d show up here. Do you want to--”

Pam took one stride out the door and planted a kiss right on his lips, cutting him off mid sentence. His hands flew up and into her hair as she threw her arms around his neck. She eventually pulled back, and both of them caught their breath. Pam shut her door, and laced her fingers through Jim’s as they started walking out to his car.

“I promise not to be abusive towards you tonight…” She said quietly as he opened the car door for her.

“It’s okay. I kind of like the aftermath.”

End Notes:
Question: Do you guys like this story??? I love writing it, but I'm slowly seeing less and less reviews and some not-so-good ratings...I'm not going to waste my time if people aren't enjoying it. Let me know... :)
Finally by malaz85
Author's Notes:
"I think we should date."

Pam was feeling bold. She didn’t know exactly where it came from, but she was sure it had something to do with the person sitting in front of her, holding her hand as they quietly dined on Italian food at the cozy, romantic restaurant. Their conversation lingered somewhere between an upcoming Phillies game that Jim had asked her to go to with him, and her art class that was coming to an end next week. She was still stunned that Jim had invited her to the game, knowing that making plans for the future meant only one thing…

“I think we should date.” She blurted out.

Silence. Not quite the reaction she was hoping for…

“Jim?” Way to go, Pam, she thought to herself. You just screwed up the one thing that means more to you than anything.

He looked up from the plate of lasagna that he had been staring so intently at for the last few moments, and locked his eyes with hers. She tried to read him, as she had always been able to, but something was different in his eyes. Not a bad different, just…different. He parted his lips to speak.

“Yes.” It wasn’t a question, but an answer.

Pam let out a breath, and a smile crept into her eyes, similar to the smile that lit up her face when he asked her on the date, just a few days earlier. Jim, seeing Pam’s face light up, lifted himself up slightly from his chair and leaned far forward. His face was literally millimeters from hers, but he stopped just short, letting that feeling between the two of them boil over the surface, as Pam leaned her face forward slightly, meeting his lips. It looked like a pleasant kiss, nothing you would consider obscene in public, especially in a crowded restaurant, but for the two of them it may as well have been their first kiss. There was only slight pressure as their lips joined together, but the electricity that both of them felt made it feel like…well, something neither of them should be feeling in a crowded restaurant.

Jim pulled back first, but kept his face close to hers as he whispered, “You are so worth 5 years, Pam Beesly.” Pam smiled again, and leaned up to give him a quick peck before he finally pulled back and settled into his chair.

A few moments of comfortable silence to let it all soak in, before Pam spoke up, “So…how do we do…this?” She motioned her arm around in a circle between them, to explain what this meant.

“Well, I think it involves a lot of kissing, and even more-”

“Uh, yeah, not really what I meant…” She interrupted.

He had a mischievous smile on his face during his previous statement, but then in turned serious, in a Jim sort of way,

“I guess we just let it happen how it’s supposed to happen. I don’t want to mess this up, Pam. I can’t lose you again…”

She squeezed the hand that was still linked to his, and simply said. “I won’t let that happen, Jim.”

He let out a breath that he had been holding, and smiled back at her.

------------------

He drove her home, kissed her at her door (for a lot longer than he should have), and then drove home alone, longing for the day that ‘home’ would be with Pam.

End Notes:
The big finale next! Thanks for sticking with me!
You're Beautiful by malaz85
Author's Notes:
Apparently Pam has a little self-esteem problem, and Jim is more than willing to help

On Thursday night, Pam fell in love with Jim.

It started off as just a regular night, they had dinner at his place, and then went for a long walk around the park. It was when they got back to his apartment, that she figured it out.

Pam was sitting on the couch, and Jim sat turned next to her, with his feet up on her lap. The movie they were watching had ended a few minutes before, but neither of them wanted to move from the positions they were in. Jim was running his fingers through her hair, and Pam was massaging his sore feet (he’d been on sales calls all day). They were having a causal conversation as Jim’s fingers explored her hair, then stopped at the barrette that was holding it together.

“So, I have three weeks to finish this project, then I have to go--” Jim removed the barrette that was holding her hair back. “What are you doing?”

“Oh, I just wanted to see what you looked like with your hair down. Is that OK?” He asked.

“Yeah, I’ve been meaning to let my hair down for a while now. Maybe I’ll just leave it down.”

“Hypocrite.”

“Excuse me?” He couldn’t tell if she was angry or amused.

“You heard me. You’ve been saying forever that you’d let you hair down, and I’m calling you out on it now.”

“Oh come on, you can’t call me out on it. It’s just hair. Nobody cares.”

“I care.”

“Why?”

“Because I think you’re beautiful. Hair up, hair down, bald, baldING…” She slapped his arm playfully to get him to stop.

“What was that for?”

“Stop. I’m not…beautiful. Pretty, yes, but not beautiful.”

He immediately swung his legs off her lap and turned to face her. His look was serious as he took her face in his hands.

“I don’t want to hear you say that again. Ever. Do you understand me?” Pam was taken off guard and she opened her stunned mouth to speak. He cut her off. “You, Pamela Morgan Beesly, are the most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes on, and I won’t let you demean yourself like that. You’re not only beautiful on the outside, but you’re even more beautiful on the inside, where it counts.”

It took Pam a few moments to catch her breath as his words caught up to her. ‘He thinks I’m beautiful’ she played over in her head.

She almost told him she loved him, right then and there.

End Notes:
I know I said this last time, but the big finale really is next...Even though it may not be the finale of this story...
Special thanks to Jamgela for her great suggestion for the future of this story. I think I'll be taking that route!
"I Love You" by malaz85
Author's Notes:
Pam finally tells him. Cheesyness to the max!

It was Saturday morning, Pam was at her last art class, and Jim was on his way back to Pam’s apartment, having played basketball with Mark all morning. He was drenched in sweat, tired, and ready to take a nap. ‘You’re turning into an old man, Halpert.” he thought to himself as he pulled into her complex. On his way to her front door, he passed an elderly man struggling to move boxes from his apartment to an old beat up car a few feet away. Jim gave him a smile as he walked by, and then immediately turned around after taking a few steps.

“Excuse me, do you need help?’

Relief washed over the man’s stern face as he answered. “Yes.”

“Okay, I need to go change, but I’ll come back out and help you.” Jim stuck his right hand out, “The name’s Jim Halpert, by the way.”

“Randy Colletti.” The man said as he shook Jim’s hand.

“I’ll be right back, Mr. Colletti. Don’t go anywhere.” Jim said as he waved and walked away.

------------

Pam came home around one, confused and slightly irritated because Jim’s car wasn’t in the parking lot like she‘d hoped it‘d be, and he wasn’t answering his cell phone. She tossed her keys and purse onto the couch and went into the kitchen to get a drink of water. A note on the counter caught her attention.

Hey, beautiful!

I’m out helping one of your neighbors. Be back soon. Don‘t start lunch without me!

Jim

-----------

After 8 trips from Mr. Colletti’s old apartment to his new one (on the third floor, mind you), Jim was finally on his way back to Pam’s place. He knew she was home, he’d seen her car there for the last two trips he’d taken between apartments. Mr. Colletti didn’t say much during their few hours together, just a few mumbled ‘thanks’ here and there, and a friendly hug when Jim was finished. He didn’t think anything of it as he was walking through the parking lot to Pam’s apartment.

He opened the door and found Pam in the kitchen, cooking up a storm.

“Hey there, pretty girl.” Pam turned around, grinning, as she heard him enter. She happily strode over to him, but he stopped her right when she went in for a hug and a kiss. “Not so fast…I haven’t showered yet…”

“Yeah, I can tell.” She dramatically pinched her nose and made a face. “Can I at least have a kiss?”

“I guess.” He leaned forward and placed a quick kiss on her smiling lips. “Mind if I use your shower?”

“Sure. Hey, who were you helping, by the way?"

“Oh, I was just helping Mr. Colletti move.”

Pam stopped in her tracks on her way back to the kitchen and turned back around. “You helped Mr. Colletti move?”

“Yeah…he’s a pretty quiet old guy. Didn’t say much.”

“Jim…he didn’t tell you, did he?”

“Tell me what?”

Pam walked back over to him. “Jim…Mr. Colletti’s wife died last week. They were married for 57 years.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah.”

“Wow, poor guy. I wish I had known, I would have talked to him a little more. I’d maybe invited him over to dinner, or something.”

“Jim, I don’t think you realized what you just did.”

“It’s no big deal. I just helped him move a few things.”

“No, Mr. Colletti never asks for help…ever. You probably just helped someone get through the hardest thing they’ve ever had to do. Seriously.” She had tears welling up in her eyes now. “I can’t believe you helped him move. You are so amazing. I just…I…Oh my God.”

Jim, noticing the tears forming behind her eyes, said, “Pam…are you okay.”

She walked over to him and threw her arms around his torso, burying her head into his (not-so-good smelling) chest. He reached up and tilted her head up so he could look her in the eyes.

“Pam, what’s-”

“I love you, Jim. Oh my God, I love you.”

Jim opened his mouth to speak, but found that words were not going to come as he also had tears welling up in his eyes. He tried to speak again, but a huge lump had formed in his throat. So Pam continued.

“You don’t even realize how amazing you are, Jim. You are the most charitable, caring person I’ve ever met. You spent the entire afternoon giving your time to someone you didn’t even know, no questions asked. What kind of man does that?” He opened his mouth to speak again, to possibly answer her question. Nope, not gonna happen. Good thing, because she wasn‘t done. “The kind of man that I want to be with. I love you, Jim.”

“Oh, Pam.” She reached up and wiped the tear away that was slowly making it’s way down his cheek. He leaned into her touch. “I love you. I never stopped loving you.”

It was during that tender moment that Jim knew he was going to marry Pam. The woman he had been in love with for the last 5 years was wiping away his happy tears, and had just told him that she loved him. It was also at that moment that he decided to buy the ring.

End Notes:
Corny enough?

To be continued!

Last Date by malaz85
Author's Notes:
Jim and Pam's last date of freedom

4 or so months later

It had been the best 4 months of Jim’s life. You could tell it in the way he had a dumb, giddy smile on his face every time she smiled at him from behind the receptionist desk. Of course no one really noticed--the cameras had been gone all summer. You could also tell it in the way he bounced up the steps to Pam’s apartment, that evening in early September. He was on his way to pick her up for their date--their last date before the cameras came back to Dunder-Mifflin, Scranton.

He wasn’t supposed to pick her up for almost another hour, but he couldn’t resist arriving early. She’d been at her mom’s all weekend, and he couldn’t wait to see her again, to wrap his arms around her and tell her how much he loved her.

He stood at her door and knocked.

No answer. He knocked again.

He was about to pull his cell phone out to call her, but on a whim, he decided to try her doorknob. Just as he suspected--it was unlocked.

In the four months he’d gotten to know Pam, he’d learned that she was forgetful…and clumsy as hell. It was borderline pathetic, but every time she did something to prove this, he only fell in love with her more. It was those little things that he loved about her, how imperfect she was, her beautiful flaws. He’d tease her about them, but then kiss them better.

It was no wonder Pam didn’t hear Jim knocking at the door. As he walked into her apartment he could hear her singing (extremely loudly) to Billy Joel as she blowdryed her hair.

“All your life you had to stand in line
Still you’re standing on your feet
All your choices made you change your mind
Now your calendars complete
Don’t wait for answers
Just take your chances
Don’t ask me why”

He thought about entering the bathroom, but stopped short and leaned against the wall. She kept singing, completely oblivious to who was standing outside her door. Jim was loving the concert, and was content to grin and keep listening.

“All the servants in your new hotel
Throw their roses at your feet
Fool them all but baby I can tell
You’re no stranger to the street
Don’t ask for favors
Don’t talk to strangers
Don’t ask me why”

Deciding that it might be better for him to interrupt, than to risk getting caught, he lightly knocked on the door. Pam yelped in surprise and quickly turned off the music.

“You’re a regular ol’ American Idol there, little missy.” He said as she opened the door.

“Jim!” She put down her hairdryer and threw her arms around him to embrace him in a long overdue hug. “How long we’re you listening? Wait, how’d you get in?”

“You ought to keep your door locked, Pam, or else scary men might come in and attack you.”

“As long as those scary men are named Jim Halpert, I don’t really mind.”

“Well, if that’s the case…” He didn’t finish, she’d kissed him before he could say another word.

“I missed you.” He said as he kissed her forehead as she pulled back.

“I missed you, too.” Another one of his dumb, giddy smiles to top that moment off. “Where are you taking me to dinner, Mr. Halpert?"

“Well, Miss. Beesly, I thought we’d change it up a little bit tonight. It’s our last night before the cameras are back, and we’re going to celebrate in style. We’re going on a picnic!”

“Ooooo…sounds romantic.” She flashed him a seductive smile.

“Nope. No romance. This is strictly business tonight.” He tried to hold back his smile.

“Why’s that?"

“We’ve got to plan, Pam! If we don’t want the office finding out about ‘us’, we need to figure out what to do to hide it from the cameras. You can’t keep flashing those smiles at me from your desk, I’ll lose my mind, and they’ll catch on.”

“Awww…I’m gonna miss giving you those looks. You’re so hot, what am I supposed to do about it?”

“Control yourself, Pam. You can wait 8 ½ hours every day.” He winked. “Now, how soon until you’re ready to go?”

---------------

Pam laid on her stomach, head on Jim’s chest, hands slowly running up and down the bicep on his right arm. He was laying on his back, but had one hand down, fingers running through her hair. They had finished eating an hour before, but were just content to lay there on the picnic blanket and enjoy each other’s company.

She felt the rumble of his laughter as she replayed her weekend with her mother. Because of the confidentiality of the show, she still wasn’t allowed to announce that she and Jim were dating. It made for some very interesting questions from her family, and even some hurt feelings. She didn’t want her coworkers finding out about their relationship, but also couldn’t wait until she could tell everyone about the amazing man she now called hers.

“We should have a coming out party.”

He laughed and she felt the vibrations of his every word. “A coming out party? Why are you so convinced that they’re going to find out about us?"

“Jim, don’t be so naive. The cameras catch EVERYTHING. I want this to be kept private too, but I know they’re going to find out eventually.”

“Fine, but until then, no horseplay.”

“Fine.”

“Fine.” He sat up and enveloped her into a hug. “We’d better get going, little lady. We have a big day tomorrow.”

----------------

He dropped her off, kissed her goodnight…and practically good morning, and walked back to his car to head off to his apartment. He didn’t tell her this, but he also couldn’t wait for them to become public so he wouldn’t have watch himself around her anymore. He took one last glance at her bedroom window, and saw the slightest dent in her blinds, where he knew she was watching him. He smiled, put his car in drive, and headed home.

End Notes:
More to come!
Dinner and A Movie by malaz85
Author's Notes:
Title says it all.

“You’re doing it wrong.”

“How can you possibly mince garlic wrong?”

“It’s an art, Jim. You obviously don’t have the gift.”

“Oh, excuse me, Pam. Not all of us are culinary professionals like you.”

With that, he put the knife down and slid the cutting board over to her. She jumped off the counter and overly exaggerated her demonstration of garlic mincing to a grinning Jim standing by her side.

“See, all you have to do is crush it with the side of your knife first and then chop it up. There’s no need to hold it and cut it. You’ll slice your fingertips off.”

“Thank you, chef Beesly. Now, if you don’t mind, get back on the counter so I can finish cooking your dinner.”

“Yes, sir!”

Pam took her spot again on the counter, and watched as his strong hands delicately stirred the minced garlic into the pasta sauce. She loved these date nights, causal yet oddly romantic. Who would have though she’d be the kind of girl to voluntarily choose to stay home and make dinner on the weekend? She was never one to stay cooped up at home, but with Jim, there’s nothing else she’d rather be doing. Well, there was one thing…

His words tore her from her thoughts. “Want to taste it?” He was blowing on the spoonful as his other hand was hovering underneath, ready to catch any drops.

She nodded and leaned forward, closing her eyes as the succulent sauce filled her mouth.

“Mmmmm…Jim, it’s so good.” She opened her eyes to find him staring at her, his arm still up and the spoon still in his hand.

“What?” She questioned, wondering what had gotten into him.

He laughed and shook his head, suddenly out of his daze. “Sorry…”

Pam smiled back and looked away, but was caught completely off guard when he took a step in front of her and pulled her head down for a kiss.

Her hands went immediately into his hair, and she sighed loudly as his tongue made its way ever so gently into her mouth. He kept himself propped up with his hands on both of her knees, and they stayed that way for a few moments until he tore his mouth away suddenly.

“Needs more garlic.” He said with his face inches from hers and his eyes still closed. “Wait…”

His lips found hers again, but just for a second as he pulled away again.

“More oregano, too.”

Pam giggled and playfully slapped his arm as he returned to stirring the sauce. He repeated this taste test a few more times before they finally settled down and ate their dinner.

------------------------

Pam fell asleep with her head on his lap 15 minutes into their movie. He knew she’d had a long day at school, so he happily carried her into his bedroom and tucked her into bed. He returned to the couch to try and sleep himself. He would have joined her in bed, but he didn’t want her waking up wondering why they were in bed together.

He tossed and turned on the couch for a good hour until he heard his bedroom door creak open. From the faint glow of the clock in the kitchen, he saw her make her way down the hall and into the living room where he was laying.

“Hey.” He said softly, not wanting to startle her.

“Oh…hey.”

“You okay?”

“Yeah, I just can’t sleep.”

“Me too.”

“Do you mind if…” She pointed to the couch, but couldn’t bring herself to finish the sentence, hoping he’d understand what she was asking.

“Oh…yeah. I don‘t mind at all...”

She smiled and made her way over to where he was laying down. She awkwardly sat down next to his stretched out body, not entirely sure of what to do.

His hand rose up and caressed her back as she leaned down and placed a soft kiss to his lips. He shifted, making room for her and she laid down next to him…well, more like on top of him. His arms fully enveloped her body and her head rested gently on his chest. Before they knew it, they were both fast asleep.

When Jim woke up in the morning, and still had her in his arms, he realized he’d just had the best date of his life.

Little did he know how much better it was going to get.

End Notes:
I heart fluff!
Rain by malaz85
Author's Notes:
Inspired by a recent downpour in my city, Jim and Pam get caught in the rain.

It started out as a leisurely walk home after a BBQ at Mark’s house, but as they got closer to Pam’s apartment, the clouds got darker and the wind started to pick up. The forecast called for a 50% chance of rain, but in Scranton, everyone knew that meant they probably wouldn’t be seeing anything. That’s why Jim and Pam left their cars at home and decided to walk the two miles to Mark’s house.

The droplets began about a half mile from her place, and by the time they rounded the corner of the street her complex was on, it had turned into a full-on rainstorm. The huge raindrops sounded loudly on the street and the roofs of the houses as they walked briskly down the street together.

Jim grabbed her hand as they began jogging together the last few feet to her front door. They were just about there when Pam let go of his hand and stopped running. He turned around and watched her as she turned her face to the sky and raised her arms in the air.

“Don’t you just love it?” she shouted, barely making a sound above the noise of the rain.

“Love what? Pam, you’re going to get sick. Let’s go inside!” he shouted back. He took a step closer to her and reached for her arm.

“No, I don’t want to go inside yet. Let’s just stay out here!”

“But we’re soaking wet, and you’re going to catch….” He stopped when she moved her face down and looked him in the eye, and huge, happy grin on her face. Her clothes were soaked, her hair was dripping wet, and her mascara was running down her cheeks, but as he looked at her through the rain, he wondered if she could possibly be more beautiful. He kept his eyes on her, even when she turned her head back to the sky.

There was something so magical about the two of them, together, standing in her parking lot in the middle of a torrential downpour, that he couldn’t help but yell it.

“I love you, Pam!”

She laughed as she brought her head down again, and took his hand. He stepped closer, again, and pressed his lips to her cheek. She shifted and wrapped her arms around his neck, catching his waiting lips with hers.

“I love you, too.” she mumbled as she smiled against his warm lips.

“What’s that?”

“I said ’I love you, too’!”

“What?!” He bit his lip to hide his smile.

“I LOVE JIM HALPERT!” she yelled up to the sky, still in his arms. She was grinning widely, and he couldn't help continuing to stare at her.

She brought her head back down and looked him in the eyes again, her expression turning serious.

"I do love you."

He returned her deep gaze, until they both couldn't take it anymore and burst into laughter.

Pam pressed their lips together one last time before moving her mouth to his ear. Even as close as she was to him, she still had to yell.

“Lets go inside. We need to get you out of these wet clothes!”

He swallowed, and pulled back to look into her eyes. Questioning if she really meant what he thought she meant.

In the true nature of their relationship, she understood exactly what he was asking. She nodded, and Jim grinned, as they walked hand-in-hand to her front door.

Jim never took the little black velvet box out of his pocket after that night. It was also the night be began to plan the ass-kicking of the century.

End Notes:
Any ideas for future dates? I don't have a dating life, so any help would be...helpful. Thanks!
Zoo by malaz85
Author's Notes:
Jim and Pam take Jim's niece and nephew to the zoo.

“Uncle Jim! Uncle Jim! Uncle Jim!” Paige yelled as she across the grass, over to Jim. Pam held onto her hand and tried to keep up with her, but the little girl was too excited, so she let go, and let her run the few remaining feet over to where Jim was crouched down looking at the aquarium with Sam.

“Uncle Jim! Pam and me saw a ‘nelephant and a kangaroo! He hopped around like this!” Paige jumped up and down, imitating the kangaroo. “Then we got to feed a monkey, didn’t we, Pam?”

“Yep, we did!” Pam was grinning ear to ear, and Jim couldn’t help but stare lovingly at her. She’d been quiet for the first few minutes of their outing, clutching Jim’s hand as they began to walk around the zoo, but Paige had warmed right up to her, and was soon grabbing her hand, begging her to run and look at the other exhibits while Jim and Sam took their time looking at ‘the baby stuff’.

Jim gave Pam a wink as a smile as Paige grabbed her hand again, jabbering something about a giraffe and a llama and pulling her back the direction they had come from.

“Want to go look at the lions, buddy?” Sam looked up at Jim and gave him a toothy grin as Jim scooped him up and put him back in the stroller.

----------------------

An hour later, after the kids finally calmed down, they went to eat lunch. Paige’s energy level was visibly deteriorating, and she eventually climbed onto Aunt Pam’s (as she now called her) lap and promptly fell asleep. Sam had fallen asleep ten minutes prior, leaving Jim and Pam to eat together in silence…except for the fact that they couldn’t stop talking to each other.

Jim chuckled as he watched Pam try to balance Paige in one arm, and her hot dog in the other.

“You know…it’s a double stroller. We can put her in there if you want.”

Pam looked down at the little pig-tailed girl in her arms. She’d never really been comfortable around kids before, and didn’t have any of her own nieces or nephews, but for the first time in her life, she knew this was right. This was what she wanted.

Pam’s eyes watered as she continued to look at Paige, and she only hoped that one day this would be her little girl fast asleep in her mommy’s arms after spending the day at the zoo with her daddy.

She tried to control her emotions before looking up at Jim. As she slowly raised her head up, she caught him seemingly wiping a tear away from the corner of his eye. He had his eyes down, staring at the table, but she knew he’d been looking at her and Paige.

Pam smiled, put down the hot dog, and reached out for his hand. Their fingers intertwined from across the table, and she caught is eye, his expression unreadable. He had a smile on his face, but it was unlike any she’d seen before.

“You OK?”

Jim cleared his throat before speaking. He broke their eye contact, looking back down at the table, concentrating a little too intensely at Sam‘s sippy cup. “Yeah, I…um…I think you’re going to make a great mom someday.” He spoke softly, obviously having thought his words through before speaking them.

Pam didn’t respond, just squeezed his hand and tried to steady her breathing.

Jim opened his mouth to speak again, but was interrupted when a old lady passed by their table. “Oh my goodness, your children are so adorable!” she exclaimed.

“Oh…um, they’re not--”

“Thank you. We’re kind of fond of them, too.” Pam interrupted and grinned as the lady admired Paige and Sam. Jim had a stunned look on his face, and Pam couldn’t help but continue.

“This is Paige, she’s four.” Pam placed her hand on the girls back, then motioned over to Sam in the stroller. “And that’s Sam, he’s seven months.”

“Oh, they’re so precious!”

Jim bit his lip, hiding the grin that was trying to make its way out. He still held Pam’s hand as the lady said thank you and walked away. She gave him a wink and began to clean up the table.

“We’d better go put these kids to bed.” He nodded, and stood up, taking Paige from Pam’s arms and loading her up into the stroller.

-------------------------------

When they arrived at Jim’s apartment, Pam took Sam and layed him down in the playpen in the second bedroom as Jim took Paige and put her to bed in his bedroom.

Pam walked through the hall leading to the living room, when she heard voices coming from Jim’s bedroom. Apparently Paige had woken up, and she could hear them talking. She didn’t mean to eavesdrop, but couldn’t help it after she heard what Paige had just said.

“Are you and Aunt Pam going to get married, Uncle Jim?”

“I don’t know, Paigey. I’m not sure if Pam wants to marry me.”

“You have to get married! I saw you kissing her. Mommy and daddy kiss and they are married. You have to get married, too.”

Jim laughed, “I know. It’s complicated, Paigey. Besides, who would want to marry old Uncle Jim, anyway?"

“Pam does. She’s like Cinderella, and you’re like…Prince Charming!” Paige squealed, and Pam couldn’t help but think this kid had seen one too many Disney movies in her lifetime. “See, Uncle Jim? Price Charming gets to marry Cinderella! You‘ll get married, I know it!”

“I’ll see what I can do.” Jim smiled and pulled the covers over Paige. “You, little missy, need to go back to sleep. Your mom and dad are going to come get you in a few hours, and they said you needed a nap.”

“Oooookay.” She threw her arms around Jim’s neck and kissed his cheek. “Good night, Uncle Jim. I love you.”

Jim hugged her back, and placed a kiss on her own cheek as she laid her head down on the pillow. “I love you, too.”

Pam heard footsteps approaching the door where she was standing opposite of, but she didn’t make any attempt to move. Jim walked through the threshold, and turned around to shut the door, jumping back in surprise as he saw Pam standing there.

“Oh…Pam, I didn’t--”

She cut his sentence off when she took a step over to him and threw her arms around his middle, holding him tighter than she ever had before. Her tears soaked into his shirt, but she didn’t care. His own arms wrapped around her shoulders, if possible pulling her in closer.

“Are you alright?” he questioned, chin resting on the top of her head.

He hear a mumble come from near his chest where her face was pressed into it. He thought he knew what she said, but he needed to make sure.

“What?” he whispered, his breath catching in his throat.

She lifted her head off his chest just enough to say it again, clearer this time.

“I said…I want to marry you.”

End Notes:
I love you.
This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3394