The witness by Officegirl75
Summary:

Someone else's take on the Jim/Pam situation.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Categories: Jim and Pam, Present Characters: Jim/Pam
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 1301 Read: 5439 Published: September 17, 2006 Updated: September 17, 2006

1. Chapter 1 by Officegirl75

2. Chapter 2 by Officegirl75

3. Chapter 3 by Officegirl75

4. Chapter 4 by Officegirl75

Chapter 1 by Officegirl75
Author's Notes:
You don't have to be that kind, just honest.

She's watched them from the beginning, seeing both of them light up when the other was around.  Laughing and conspiring against Dwight, just trying to make it through another day at Dunder-Mifflin.   At first she enjoyed watching them interact, it reminded her of youth and all its possibilites.

Phyllis was hopeful yes, but she knew however that their relationship could not remain the same for long.   Pam's impending wedding had always been a quiet ticking time-bomb int the distance.  Over the months she had watched this take its toll on Jim.  She knew he could hear it louder than anyone.  She geniunely hut for him and knew that he deserved to get what he's quietly wanted all this time.  She wondered why they couldn't see how right they were for each other?

"Phyllis is this any of your business?" she asked herself. She already knew the answer but since whatever happened on Casino Night, she watched their sweet relationship come to a screeching halt.   The look on his face said that he had poured his heart out to Pam.  The sadness in Pam's eyes told her that it was only out of fear and obligation that kept her from admitting her feelings.

Phyllis checked voicemail and had a message from her Bob,  Bob Vance of Vance Refridgeration.   He had called to ask her to dinner that night, and had added "Have a good day, my sweet girl".  HE WAS HER JIM.  She had been through an awful lot and waited along time to meet Bob, but felt extremely lucky to have found him.

As she was getting up to get some water, she saw Jim slowly walk passed reception trying to keep his head down.  She looked to Pam and saw her trying to fight back the tears as she answered the phone "Dunder Mifflin this is Pam"

Phyllis knew she was probably way out of line so her email to Pam was only one sentence.

I married my Roy.       

Chapter 2 by Officegirl75
Author's Notes:

Not a writer never claimed to be. Please review honestly.

 

As soon as she hit the SEND button, she regretted it. 

"Boy you have really put your nose where it doesn't belong" she thought to her self. What right did she have meddling in co-workers personal lives?  She just hoped that she hadn't ruined her friendship with Pam.

She had liked Pam from the beginning from the instant they met. She was warm and funny and immediately with the help of Jim, began to make Dwight squirm, which tickle Phyllis to no end. She was surprised to find out that Pam was engaged to Roy from the warehouse, she didn't know either of them well but they just didn't seem to fit. Over time she wondered about their relationship, Pam never seem to light up at Roy when he came up to the office, they way she did at Jim during their most intricate pranks.  When Pam spoke of Roy, she always mentioned that they had been together since high school,  Phyllis immediately understood.

Phyllis and George had known each other since the sandbox, practically.  Neighbors and friends since kindergarten, their parents spent countless weekends and vacations togeter it was almost like they were one big  family.  In high school their feelings changed and Phyllis thought her life was set, marry George and live happily ever after.  So while they were both trying to finish school and plan the perfect wedding neither of them noticed how much their relationship had detiorated. She thought as soon as things slow down alittle, we'll be back to they way we were.  She waited and waited and after two years of marriage realized that her life wasn't really her own anymore.  It mattered more what George's collegues thought of her, than what she thought of herself.  So when George's job keep him late at night, she really didn't notice,  when she finally found out about the other woman, she was honestly relieved.  She has an excuse to leave.

Not having the courage to even look up she was surprised to see Pam slip a piece of paper on her desk on her way to the copier.   

Can we talk after work?

Phyllis could only nod to Pam.   She immediately called Bob and told him she would be late.

The rest of the day was pretty much a blur, and when the rest of the office flied out for the night she made her way to the breakroom, ready for her execution. 

 

Chapter 3 by Officegirl75
Author's Notes:

Still not a writer!!!!

 

Phyllis was sitting with her head down on the table when she heard the door open. She knew Pam was nervous, fidgeting with her necklace was a dead giveaway. Phyllis stood up and immediately hurled a ton of apologies at Pam, telling her that this is none of her business, and if Pam never wanted to speak to her she would understand.  She waited for a response, thinking the worst Phyllis' eyes lowered to the floor.

She never expected what happened next.  Suddenly Pam was in her arms sobbing almost hysterically,  not really being able to understand her Phyllis guided her to the table and sat her down and pulled up a chair next to her.  Phyllis took her hand and said "Sweetie you know you can tell me anything"

"He's leaving me"

 "Who Roy?"

"Jim, he's going to Australia, and then he's transferring to Stamford"

"Did he give a reason?"

Pam tried to calm herself enough to explain the events of Casino Night. She told Phyllis how Jim had confessed her feelings and when she said she couldn't, that she was engaged getting marrying in a matter of weeks, he simply stated there wasn't nothing left for him here.   He wished her all the happiness in the world, and said goodbye.

Phyllis cautiously asked " Do you love him?"

Pam thought about it "I honestly don't think I can live without him. He's the first person I want to share anything that happens with.  He makes me feel important and appreciated, like I matter.  This last week has been unbearable, I feel like apart of me is dying."       

"Well honey I think you've answered my question"

Phyllis watched as Pam smiled for the first time in over a week.  Pam of course, was very concerned that she had missed her chance with him.  Phyllis couldn't help but laugh " Are we talking about the same Jim Halpert,  I think he would wait a life-time for you."

They sat for a while talking, Phyllis knew the next few days would be hard for Pam but they might also be the best of her life.  They walked out to the parking lot, and she wished Pam the best, Pam only had the weekend before Jim left for Australia.

 

 

Chapter 4 by Officegirl75

Phyllis almost drove herself and Bob crazy that weekend.  She went over to Bob's and told him everything.  Bob knew bits and pieces of the story,  she filled him in on their relationship,  Bob knew that she had always wished nothing but the best for them.  Bob assured her " If these two are as meant for each other as you say, then it will work out.  If he loves her as much I love you, there's way it couldn't"

By Monday morning, she almost couldn't take it.  However on the one day she's looking forward to coming into work, she's late.  Forgetting to fill her gas tank, and then a wreck on the highway, she was over an hour late. 

Walking though the glass doors, she sees Ryan sitting at reception.

"Is Pam sick?"

"Yeah, neither she or Jim will be in today."

"Oh"

"I almost forgot, you have flowers again, I put them on your desk."  

"Thanks Ryan"

She walked over to her desk. Bob was so sweet to her, he really didn't have to send flowers all the time.  She opened the card and seemed to laugh and cry all at the same time.

 

PHYLLIS

I O U BIG TIME!!!

LOVE,

JIM

P.S.  Bob Vance is a lucky, lucky man.

 

Phyllis put the card back in the envelope and thought to herself.   Why yes he is.

 

fin 

This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=371