confessionals (and the secrets that make us tick) by bebitched
Summary: I was reading through old PostSecret entries and the idea for this fic just knocked me over the head. I wouldn't call this "PostSecret: The Office Edition", but it's pretty close.
Categories: Other, Present Characters: Andy, Angela, Dwight, Dwight/Angela, Ensemble, Jan, Jim, Jim/Pam, Kelly, Kevin, Michael, Michael/Jan, Oscar, Oscar/Gil, Pam, Phyllis, Ryan, Ryan/Kelly, Stanley, Toby
Genres: Angst, Humor, Inner Monologue, Oneshot
Warnings: Mild sexual content
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 430 Read: 3993 Published: October 08, 2008 Updated: October 08, 2008
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Chapter 1 by bebitched

Chapter 1 by bebitched


 

 

I stopped regretting it about a week after it happened, because you tried to break dance with a dirty band of hoodlums and my first thought was “that’s not my fiancé.”

*

Sometimes I wonder if you’ll say his name in bed, not because I think you still love him, but because you were with him for so long and it might just be a habit.

*

You know I don’t mean it when I say ‘I’m sorry’, and it’s the only time in my life I wish I could apologize sincerely.


Please forgive me.

*

I eat other people’s food in the office refrigerator, even though I do notice that it’s labeled with a person’s name. Most of the time I’m not really that hungry, but I eat it anyway and I don’t know why.

*

I think I started dating you because I wanted to be a mother so badly and you were the closest thing to a child I could find. Now that I’m pregnant I wonder what will happen to us.

*

Sometimes I get jealous of refrigerators.

*

I always thought Brittney Spears was a total slut and that she couldn’t sing, but I never said anything because my friends thought she was cool.

*

Most of the time I hate being a boss.

*

I think some higher power has it out for me, because I pined for just as long and he still got the girl. Maybe I just didn’t deserve her.

*

I take comfort in the fact that he falls asleep first and if I had to I could always sneak out the window or smother him with a pillow.


It’s the little things that get you through the day.

*

I went to community college for two years before I transferred to Cornell, but no one except my parents knew because I spend a kit-and-caboodle on Cornell paraphernalia to throw them off the scent.

*

When we were dating, most of the time I hoped you’d realize you were too good for me and leave me.

But you didn’t, and I think that’s my biggest regret.

*

Often I wonder if I’ll be able to occupy myself when I retire. One can only do crosswords and eat pretzels for so many hours of the day.

*

There are days where I’ll wake up and think it’s two years ago, and it almost makes me ache when I see you sleeping next to me because finding myself (and you) was the truest, scariest, most painful and beautiful time of my life, and I wonder what it would be like to start all over again.

Again.

*

 

 

End Notes:
Let's just pretend I said something witty here trying to get you to review and no one will ever know the difference.
This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=4026