The Talking Heads by PuffingNoise
Summary:

A collection of talking heads from Michael and Holly about each other; from "Goodbye Toby" until "Employee Transfer" (seasons 4-5).


Categories: Other, Present, Episode Related Characters: Holly, Michael, Michael/Holly
Genres: Angst, Fluff, Humor, Oneshot, Romance, Workdays
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 570 Read: 2007 Published: January 06, 2009 Updated: January 06, 2009

1. Chapter 1 by PuffingNoise

Chapter 1 by PuffingNoise

A/N: I hope some of these aren't too vague. Let me know what you think. Thanks for reading!
Disclaimer: These characters do not belong to me. Please don't sue.
---------

"Did Michael and I have a moment? Oh, no, I just thanked him for defending me." Pause. "He's a really sweet guy." The side of her mouth pulls up into a small smile.

##### 

"I usually end up on the ferris wheel by myself. Like when I was a kid at the fair... So that was... I love her."

#####

"Michael's a good yoga student. Eye contact really helps... you know, to learn the positions..."

#####

"Oh that? we were giving names to the fruit on each other's plates, like 'The Seedy Criminal'- that's the strawberry- and the pineapple was... 'The Acid Bandit', I think. We didn't get a chance to flesh out their characters, though."

#####

"Yeah, I know Michael can be kind of... I'm trying to think of an accurate word that doesn't sound mean... I don't know. Oblivious? Like that Michael Klump skit today with the fat suit and everything? Kind of inappropriate. But um, I don't hold that stuff against him because he's a really great guy underneath all that. And we have fun together. There aren't many guys out there who understand my goofy side."

#####

"She's cute in a headband, isn't she? She is. Like an '80s aerobics instructor... and way hotter than Olivia Newton-John."

#####

"Does it bother me that Michael's being cold to me today? ...No... not-- I mean, at least he told me he was going to." Pause. "He could be less mean about it, though, I guess." 

#####

"Oh, Holly's fine. I told her I'd be cold to her all day, so it's all good."

#####

"Having my friend be kind of a jerk to me all day was kind of awful... But that hug definitely made up for it."

#####

"Yeah, Michael totally stinks at Mini Golf. It's cute."

#####

"Yes, Michael and I drove in together this morning. He picked me up this morning because my car... was dead." She inhales. "You know- the battery."

#####

"Um, no, we didn't..." She shakes her head. "in the stairwell."

#####

"Oh, yeah, we totally did it in the stairwell." He pauses, failing at holding back a smile. "And then later at my condo." his eyebrows raise delightedly and he snorts out a laugh.

#####

"He told you about the stairwell?" she rolls her eyes. "And about later?!" A look of annoyance fades, and she bites back a smile. "...He's a cuddler."

#####

His mouth smacks open on an inhale. "She said that about me?" the corners of his mouth curl up into a sweet smile. "I thought I was the one who thought she seemed too good to be true."

######

"Michael... he's so hopeful. But I mean, it's not going to work... Seven hours? It's not... practical. We'd hardly ever have any time together." She pauses and takes a shaky breath. "I wish we'd finished that conversation last week instead of jinxing each other."

#####

"I just-- I never-- She just got me, you know? And she was warm, and funny, and sexy, and now she's gone, and--" He looks down at his desk, exhales through his nose, and shakes his head before turning in his chair to look out the window.

This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=4255