- Text Size +

A/N: I hope some of these aren't too vague. Let me know what you think. Thanks for reading!
Disclaimer: These characters do not belong to me. Please don't sue.
---------

"Did Michael and I have a moment? Oh, no, I just thanked him for defending me." Pause. "He's a really sweet guy." The side of her mouth pulls up into a small smile.

##### 

"I usually end up on the ferris wheel by myself. Like when I was a kid at the fair... So that was... I love her."

#####

"Michael's a good yoga student. Eye contact really helps... you know, to learn the positions..."

#####

"Oh that? we were giving names to the fruit on each other's plates, like 'The Seedy Criminal'- that's the strawberry- and the pineapple was... 'The Acid Bandit', I think. We didn't get a chance to flesh out their characters, though."

#####

"Yeah, I know Michael can be kind of... I'm trying to think of an accurate word that doesn't sound mean... I don't know. Oblivious? Like that Michael Klump skit today with the fat suit and everything? Kind of inappropriate. But um, I don't hold that stuff against him because he's a really great guy underneath all that. And we have fun together. There aren't many guys out there who understand my goofy side."

#####

"She's cute in a headband, isn't she? She is. Like an '80s aerobics instructor... and way hotter than Olivia Newton-John."

#####

"Does it bother me that Michael's being cold to me today? ...No... not-- I mean, at least he told me he was going to." Pause. "He could be less mean about it, though, I guess." 

#####

"Oh, Holly's fine. I told her I'd be cold to her all day, so it's all good."

#####

"Having my friend be kind of a jerk to me all day was kind of awful... But that hug definitely made up for it."

#####

"Yeah, Michael totally stinks at Mini Golf. It's cute."

#####

"Yes, Michael and I drove in together this morning. He picked me up this morning because my car... was dead." She inhales. "You know- the battery."

#####

"Um, no, we didn't..." She shakes her head. "in the stairwell."

#####

"Oh, yeah, we totally did it in the stairwell." He pauses, failing at holding back a smile. "And then later at my condo." his eyebrows raise delightedly and he snorts out a laugh.

#####

"He told you about the stairwell?" she rolls her eyes. "And about later?!" A look of annoyance fades, and she bites back a smile. "...He's a cuddler."

#####

His mouth smacks open on an inhale. "She said that about me?" the corners of his mouth curl up into a sweet smile. "I thought I was the one who thought she seemed too good to be true."

######

"Michael... he's so hopeful. But I mean, it's not going to work... Seven hours? It's not... practical. We'd hardly ever have any time together." She pauses and takes a shaky breath. "I wish we'd finished that conversation last week instead of jinxing each other."

#####

"I just-- I never-- She just got me, you know? And she was warm, and funny, and sexy, and now she's gone, and--" He looks down at his desk, exhales through his nose, and shakes his head before turning in his chair to look out the window.



PuffingNoise is the author of 41 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked The Talking Heads also liked 54 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans