The First Week by 3vasectomies
Summary: Set in Never Give Up, during Chapters 14. "Medical Leave" — 15. "Junior Salesman"
Seven 55-word vignettes detailing Jim's first week of his medical leave.
Categories: Jim and Pam, Alternate Universe Characters: Cece Halpert, Dwight, Jim, Jim/Pam, Pam, Phillip Halpert
Genres: Hurt/Comfort, Kids/Family, Romance
Warnings: Other Adult Theme, Possible Triggers
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: Yes Word count: 359 Read: 4710 Published: October 15, 2020 Updated: October 15, 2020
Story Notes:

DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners.  The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended. 

WARNING: Contains depictions of mental-health issues. 

1. Friday by 3vasectomies

2. Saturday by 3vasectomies

3. Sunday by 3vasectomies

4. Monday by 3vasectomies

5. Tuesday by 3vasectomies

6. Wednesday by 3vasectomies

7. Thursday by 3vasectomies

Friday by 3vasectomies

Jim wakes up at around 1:00 pm.  Pam’s not there.

 

He heads downstairs to find her on her laptop.  She’s looking through local clinics.  They find one they both like.


He calls the clinic's number.  A couple of hours later, an appointment is scheduled for Monday.


His excitement is only matched with fear and anticipation.


Saturday by 3vasectomies

Cece and Phillip arrive home from Helene’s.


The whole day is chaos.  Both of them are complete balls of energy.


Jim missed this so damn much.


Amidst the chaos was lunchtime, playtime, coloring, tea parties.  The whole shebang.


After Cece’s put to bed, Pam finds Phillip asleep on Jim’s chest, who’s sprawled on the couch.


Sunday by 3vasectomies

Jim’s not the most religious man.  He goes to church for Pam, mostly.


The pastor goes on about the miracles of Jesus, which gets Jim thinking.


He’s not religious, but he’s not even agnostic, either.  He believes in a “Him”, that miracles exist.  He’s sitting next to three miracles.


Miracles can happen, he’s just impatient.

Monday by 3vasectomies

Jim’s deep in thought in the waiting room, which is interrupted by “James?”


A tall woman, early fifties, short blond hair.  Reminds him of that gym teacher from Glee.  She’s charming if a bit out there.


He nervously sits on the couch.  With a flick of her pen, she says, “Alright, Jim, let’s get started.” 


Tuesday by 3vasectomies

Dwight stops by the Halperts’ to visit after work; Helene was under the weather, so he carpooled with Pam.


He enjoys meeting Phillip and seeing Cecelia again; she thinks he’s very funny.


Jim has Battlestar Galactica: The Plan on DVD, so they watch that.


The night ends with Jim complimenting Dwight on his kitchen renovations.


Wednesday by 3vasectomies

Nellie and Pam went to dinner for a girls’ night, leaving Jim to put the kids to bed.


“Alright, Cece,” Jim asks her, “What’ll it be?”  He already knows the answer.


“Thinderela!” she beams.


“Again?” Jim asks, “You must really like this one a lot.”


She nods enthusiastically.


He smiles, “I really like it, too.”


Thursday by 3vasectomies

The closet’s not gonna get clean right away, it takes one skeleton at a time.


He holds Pam tightly, looking dejected.  She notices.


“You know I forgive you.”


“I do,” he says with a sad smile, “But I’m not sure he will.”


She holds him tighter as they relax and fall asleep.


“He’ll come around.”


This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=5904