Morale-Booster Beach Weekend by takemyhandx
Summary: Michael decides to take the gang to Lake Wallenpaupack for a beach 'morale boosting' weekend! Will Pam and Jim recconect? Or will Karen try to get in the way of true love?
Categories: Jim and Pam, Present Characters: Ensemble, Jim/Pam, Karen
Genres: Drunk Pam/Jim, Fluff
Warnings: Mild sexual content
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 2490 Read: 10705 Published: April 18, 2007 Updated: April 23, 2007
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Chapter 1 by takemyhandx

2. Chapter 2 by takemyhandx

3. Chapter 3 by takemyhandx

4. Chapter 4 by takemyhandx

Chapter 1 by takemyhandx
Author's Notes:
Michael sends out the letter for the trip, and Pam discovers a secret about Jim's relationships.

ffIt was Friday afternoon, and Pam was begining to get anxious about this years trip. This time, Michael sent out a less mysterious letter:

Dunder Mifflinites,

Are you ready for the best morale boosting weekend ever?! Make sure you pack a bathing suit (which you ACTUALLY need, and Pam...I advise bikini's only.) sunscreen, towels, and booze, baby!! We will be meeting in the parking lot 7:00 AM sharp to find out the destination, then the buses will take us there around 7:30!

Michael. G. Scott.

Pam looked at the letter again for the fifth time and laughed. Did he really think she'd go out in a bikini? She thought about it, since she was trying to become the New Fancy Beesley, that would be a good start.

Things have been weird between her and Jim for a while now. Six months, to be exact. She really wanted to discuss this with him, but didn't know how to. She walked past his desk and went into the breakroom, where she found Jim and she pretended to be looking for something in the vending machine.

"Hey, did you...uhm hear about the trip this year? Any guesses? You can place your bets now or-"

Pam tried to sound as up-beat as possible, but he never even made eye contact with her.

"Nah, I already lost enough money betting last week. I sware-"

He looked at her and smiled.

"I can't believe Creed actually ate that potato! Do you know how much money I lost on that, Beesley. Seriously? You cleaned me out."

She blushed a bit and tugged on her skirt nervously.

"I guess people aren't as predictable as you think..."

She winked at him as she walked back to her desk, she smiled knowing he was staring at her the whole time. She loved to confuse him like that, with those mixed messages. Jim stood in the breakroom, still shocked at her comment, but soon walked back to his desk with a grape soda. Pam approached him again.

"So, grape? I thought you were over that?"

"Oh, uhm. Well, see I tried to move on to bottled water, but it just didn't taste as good as grape. I guess you can't try to replace the stuff you like, even though you try..."

She smiled at him and leaned on his desk, Karen now staring directly at her and she didn't care.

"Oh. I understand completely."

End Notes:

So do you like this? Well if you do, wait untill they are actually at the beach. ;)  Trust me, JAM fans will loooove it. And I LOVE REVIEWS. So take 30 seconds to make a young girl's day. Thank you. =)

Chapter 2 by takemyhandx
Author's Notes:
Will Pam finnaly fight for Jim now? Well, I know and you don't yet...unless you read this chapter!

Pam sat eagerly at her desk, waiting for the clock to reach 5:00 so she could get out of there. She was trying to avoid eye contact with Jim, after his comment about 'grape soda'. What did he even mean? Was he hitting on me? She came to a conclusion; One she wasn't really expexting - Jim wasn't over her at all. She wanted him, yes, but he was with Karen now. Nothing was going to happen unless she took a stand for that she wanted for once.

----

5:00 rolled around quick enough and Karen walked swiftly out the door, not even waiting for Jim. Pam got a little excited seeing that he wasn't taking her home again. Jim put his coat on, gathered his things and shuffled over to her desk placing his elbows on the counter.

"So, Beesley. Are you ready for the mystery trip or what? I sware if this is some lame business thing I will sue. Or better yet, quit. But then you would have to quit to, you know...to be my personal assistant."

She giggled at his joke and smiled back at him.

"Of course I'm ready. I'm actually going out to buy a bathing suit after work. I was going to borrow one from Kelly but-"

"Paaaaam!!"

Kelly ran over to reception, completely ignoring the fact Pam was having a conversation with Jim.

"If you wanted a bikini why didn't you ask me? I have a red string one that would look amaaaazing on you!!"

Pam blushed and Jim's coloring was a little off as well. Probably the thought of Pam in a bikini was too much for his mind to handle.

"I...I uhm. Sure. Just bring it tomorrow and I'll take it with us."

"Yay! Awesome, Pam!"

She grabbed Ryan's hand and headed for the exit. Jim closed the jellybean container he was eating from and walked to the door.

"Hey, Jim?"

He slowly turned around, eyebrows raised.

"I...uh think you should know something..."

Jim looked around the office to distract his eyes from her beautiful body, but nothing else could catch his eye. It was just him and her now, alone in the dark office, almost exactly like last May...

"Yes?"

She opened her mouth to respond but no words came. Pull it together Pam, this is it. This is what you want right?

She ran up to him and pushed her lips against his hard. At first he was hesitant, but his hands soon ran up her sides and her hands were running through his hair. He opened his mouth slightly to her as she began to bite his lip.

"Pa-"

"Shush I need you with me now. No time for talk."

"No, it's- I love you."

She stopped to smile and continued to kiss him, untill his kisses traveled down to her collarbone and she let out a sigh.

"I'm so in love with you. So much, Jim."

End Notes:
Do you like this? Next chapter = parking lot meeting & then beach trip! What will hapeen with Pam and Jim now? And how will Karen react to all of this? REVIEWS ARE GOLD. PLEASE IF YOU READ THIS, REVIEW & RATE IF YOU WANT MORE! =)
Chapter 3 by takemyhandx
Author's Notes:

How will Jim react to Pam's confession? You are soon to find out! ;)

She stopped to smile and continued to kiss him, untill his kisses traveled down to her collarbone and she let out a sigh.

"I'm so in love with you. So much, Jim."

He stopped dead in his tracks and looked down into her deep, sparkling green eyes. How could he refuse this woman he's been wanting for over four years? He couldn't, right?

"P-Pam. I can't do this. Not now, not to Karen."

Pam let out a sigh of frustration.

"Than what am I supposed to do now? I just professed my love to you, and you can't because of her? Tell me the truth, Jim. Do you really love her? Are you really over me? Because right now I have no idea about anything you are thinking."

He pondered the question. Was he in love with Karen? It was uncertain, but Karen did love him and he knew it. He couldn't betray her. He thought about the next question. Was he over Pam? Absolutly not.

"Pam. That's not fair, I just...uhm need time. This is just happening way to fast for me, I can't handle this pressue."

She frowned and picked her purse up from the desk and slung it over her shoulder.

"Alight, Jim. I...Never mind. Goodnight."

She leaned in and kissed him again, but this time it was soft and passionate. She stepped back from him and put her hand on the doorknob.

"Oh, and don't try to run 1,000 miles away from me like you did last time we made an emotional breakthrough."

Why am I being such a smart ass to him now? That's all she could ask herself. It wasn't 1,000 miles but it was too damn far and it was too damn long.

"Bye, Pam."

She didn't even respond back, she just walked out the door into the rainy parking lot.

-------

Pam cried the entire way home and almost the whole night at her house for that matter. She threw her keys on the floor and jumped on the couch, squeezing one of the throw pillows and crying into it. Why did her life become such a mess? She thought once she told him she loved him, he would leave Karen for her. How could she have been so vain? She finally gave the crying a rest and changed out of her work clothes into sweats. She turned on the radio and ironicly Jim's favorite song was on Rock 107:

"Oh look what you've done, you've made a fool of everyone;

Oh seems like such fun untill you loose what you have won."

Her eyes swelled with tears again, and she knew she couldn't sleep with these thoughts of him in her head. She needed a break, and maybe this trip to the beach wouldn't be such a bad idea.

-----

Jim put his keys in the change bowl and walked into the kitchen to be greeted by Karen's warm smile and beautiful eyes.

"Hey, what took you so long?"

"Oh, uh traffic on Route One."

She smiled at him, "See, that's why I tell you to take back roads, honey!"

She kissed him on the cheek and then on the lips. She sat down playfully on the couch and flipped on the television. She noticed his eyes were red and swollen and his nose had been running.

"Allergies acting up again, Jim?"

He looked at he floor and back at her. What should he say? Oh, no Karen I was crying in the car because the love of my life admitted her love for me and I turned her down for a girl I barely even know.

"Yeah, damn pollen."

He gave her a crooked toothy smile and she giggled at him.

"Hey come on, let's go to bed I've got something to show you."

She gave him a devilish grin and she pulled his hand into the bedroom. The door shut, and Jim's cell phone still sat on the table where he left it. The phone lit up and began to vibrate. One new Text Message: Pam Beesley's Cell.

----

Pam awoke to the annoying beeping of her alarm clock at 6:00. She knew it was going to be a long day, so she made herself a double caffine cup of coffee. She sat at the counter and ate the bacon and toast she cooked for herself. After she had eaten, she went back into her bedroom and began to pack a bag with a beach towel, sunglasses, a book, her new iPod, an extra one peice bathingsuit (incase Kelly forgot the bikini, which she highly doubted), and sandals.

She wanted to impress a certain someone on the trip, so she decided to leave her comfot zone in her outfit. She pulled out a light blue camisole and short-cut jean shorts. That's it. She put them on and felt practically naked from what she was used to wearing. She looked in the mirror at her body's reflection. She must admit, she did look good in those shorts and shirt, hugging her body in just the right places. She was ready for the events the day will throw at her.

End Notes:
Alright, next chapter the bus ride and the begining of the very VERY long day! What did you think? I tried to make more thoughts in this chapter? REVIEWS AND RATES ARE AWESOME IF YOU WANT ME TO CONTINUE! =) lovelivejam
Chapter 4 by takemyhandx
Author's Notes:

Will things get hot on the beach? Or will it all just end up like sunburn. Read to see! =)

Pam pulled into her usual spot in the Dunder Mifflin parking lot to see most of her co-workers already there. She parked her car, grabbed her light blue beach tote and walked out in her unusually revealing ensemble. When she exited the car she noticed Jim talking to Kevin and Dwight, but then that's when he saw her.

"Hello. Jim? Earth to Jim?"

Kevin began to poke Jim's arm, and Jim looked so dazed as if he just regained consciousness.

"Dude, you need to do something about that chick."

He couldn't even find the words to respond.

Pam began to skip quietly over to the circle of co-workers while Karen stopped her by tugging on her arm.

"Hey Pam, want to sit with me and Halpert on the bus? Angela wants me to sit with her and the Party Planning Committee on the ride there and...well, you know how she gets."

Pam raised her hand out in from of her in agreement.

"No explaining is necessary; Sure I'll sit with you."

----

Later on the bus, Pam took her seat next to Karen, and Jim took a seat on the opposite side.

"You know what would be a great game on the way there?"

Karen smiled knowing this was going to be an interesting trip already. Before Karen got to answer, Jim chimed in the conversation.

"Beesley, you are not getting me to play truth or dare."

"Hey!"

She leaned across Karen to slap Jim's arm playfully. As she did so, her low-neckline shirt just got a little lower and it was obvious where Jim was staring. She blushed nervously and sat back down.

"Anyway. Moving on. I was going to say untill someone had to intterrupt! We could play a great game of would you rather, and I must say, I do get a little out of hand with this game."

Karen shook her head in agreement.

"Nice. Kev, you in?"

"Absolutly. Does this mean I get to do anything?"

Pam looked confused, "Well, like what?"

Kevin giggled to himslef as usual. Karen got a little frustrated.

"What Kevin. Tell us or you are not playing."

"I wanted to grab Pam's boobs."

Pam could hear a snort from the other row and saw Jim with his haed turned the other way and shoulders shaking.

"No, Kevin. We- ok game's off."

The rest of the bus ride involved reading, sleeping, or music. No games.

----

Pam took out her beach towel and laid it on the sand. Kelly had given her the bathing suit, but unfortunetly, the part of the beach they were on had no place for her to change. She eventually had Pyllis hold a towel in front of her and Karen held one in back of her so she could get the suit on. She sat on the towel in the red bikini and began to rub suntan lotion on her legs. When she noticed Jim watching her from his beach chair, she decided to make things a little more interesting. She put lotion on her palms and slowly started to rub from her ankles to her knees and then to her thieghs. As she moved slower to the underside of her thiegh, she noticed Jim sitting further up in his chair, watching in amazement.

---

Eventually after repeating this process on her arms and stomach, Jim needed to be closer. He took a towel and placed it next to hers and began a conversation.

"So. How do you feel to know Kevin wants your boobs?"

She giggled and blushed at the same time.

"Shut up, Jim. That's like saying Meridith wants your dick. And I know you don't want that."

He shuttered in disgust.

"Ew, ew...god no. Sorry I said anything."

She laughed quietly while attempting to apply lotion to her back. He smiled at her attempt, but saw she was struggling.

"Here-"

He took the bottle from her and squeezed some into his hands.

"-let me help you."

She started to feel uncomfortable knowing that the entire office is probably fully aware what was going on.

"Jim. I uhm, don't think you sh-"

"Shh. Let me help."

He started from her shoulders, rubbing down to the small of her back and moved upward again to her neck. As he tried to apply some near her neck, the tie of her bikini top loosened. She reached to fix it but he grabbed her hand and placed it on his thigh.

"Don't move it."

She began to get too comfortable with him and tried to talk her way out of the upcomming events.

"Jim I really don't think this is a good idea."

"I think you are wrong."

He placed a kiss on her neck and tugged on her hand to follow him down the sandy paths ahead of them. Yes, it was going to be a long day.

 

End Notes:
Like where this is going? I know I do! Let me know by reviewing and rating! thanks!
This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1686