Prescription by MrsLloyderineHalpert
Summary: Pam's mom thinks she's depressed. What does the doctor think?
Categories: Jim and Pam, Present Characters: Pam
Genres: Angst, Fluff, Humor, Oneshot, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 244 Read: 1965 Published: November 07, 2006 Updated: November 07, 2006
The Diagnosis by MrsLloyderineHalpert
Author's Notes:

This story idea came to me as I was lying in bed this morning, and I just had to write it. All reviews, good or bad, are welcome. The format and general idea I think came from a story I read a while ago, by unfold called The Difference Between Shadows and Darkness. This is a bit more lighthearted than that one, and from Pam's perspective.  Hope you don't mind me using you as inspiration!

Oh, and the standard disclaimer stuff. I own nothing.

"My mom was just a little worried. It's ridiculous, really."

"It's all confidential, right? Well, okay then..."

"I guess May."

"It's...complicated. There's this guy. I...I was an idiot. I rejected him. Twice. He moved away, I called off my wedding..."

"Jim. Jim Halpert."

"Have I been feeling blue? Well, no. I just...blue's always been a happy color for me. Jim's eyes...yeah, blue's a happy color. I'd say I've been feeling gray."

"Oh, god no."

"Um...yeah, it's been a little hard to concentrate. But if you knew my boss, you wouldn't find that unusual. Jim was the only thing that made work bearable."

"Actually, since I called off the wedding with Roy, I've really been getting into my art. I started taking art classes, which I love."

"Roy...didn't really encourage me to pursue art. He didn't really understand it."

"Yeah, I've been having a really hard time sleeping. It's just...well, I have a lot to think about, you know? I keep thinking I should call Jim...say I'm sorry...something. I guess it's guilt more than anything."

-------

"Hi Jim, it's Pam. Call me back. You're going to get a kick out of this."

She stared at the "prescription" her doctor had handed her and laughed. The smile reached all the way to her eyes as she re-read that paper. "Call (1) Jim Halpert daily, or as needed to feel better. Say you're sorry. Beg him to come back."
This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=600