Thanksgiving Leftovers by llynn20
Summary:

Michael finds himself out of his home after a turkey disaster, so he gathers the rest of the Dunder Mifflin Thanksgiving "leftovers" for a get-together; Pam and Jim celebrate Thanksgiving in his parents home, unable to avoid having a small disaster of their own.


Categories: Other, Present Characters: Ensemble
Genres: None
Warnings: No Warnings Apply
Challenges: None
Series: WGA strike fan scripts
Chapters: 3 Completed: Yes Word count: 4414 Read: 4974 Published: November 23, 2007 Updated: November 23, 2007
Story Notes:

I wrote this as a fan script and it is formatted as such.  I really enjoyed writing it.  Many thanks to ElizabethLynn for her guidance!

1. 1 - Cold Opening by llynn20

2. 2 - Act I by llynn20

3. 3 - Act II by llynn20

1 - Cold Opening by llynn20

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

COLD OPEN

INT. DARRYL’S OFFICE - DAY

Darryl sits at his desk.

DARRYL: Every year on the day before Thanksgiving, the Dunder Mifflin Scranton warehouse workers compete with the other North East warehouses to see who can get their work done first.  The winning branch gets bragging rights, a gift certificate for a turkey and gets to leave work early, paid.

The competition is judged by each Regional Manager, except for Scranton.  Michael was disqualified from judging in 2003. 

INT. MICHAEL’S OFFICE - DAY

Michael sits at his desk.

MICHAEL: Thanksgiving 2003?  Ah, that was back when Jan was married to…
[frowns]
Gould.  She was my boss then… but now… you know, she doesn’t get paid to boss me now.
[gets a little misty-eyed, pauses]
Anyway I had an en-gen-uous plan to get everyone home early on Wednesday by getting everyone to work late on Tuesday.  It would’ve worked had Dwight not been such a snitch.

INT. CONFERENCE ROOM - DAY

Dwight sits in front of interior window.

DWIGHT: In 2003 I stayed until five despite the noon sales cut-off.  I don’t celebrate holidays, especially when I’m single.  I sent Jan an e-mail letting her know this since my immediate superior, Michael, had already left for the weekend.

DARRYL: [continuing]
…so the warehouse had to stay to ship Dwight’s orders.  We were here until 6 pm.  In 2004, Dwight took over judging. 

Scene of Dwight observing the warehouse from the top of the stairs, looking down at the warehouse with a clipboard, timer and whistle. 

At first we thought it would work in our favor, as he wouldn’t be upstairs selling. 
[shakes head]
He let the power go to his head and made us retag steel to alphabetical, chronological or autobiographical, whichever he was feeling the most that day. 

Scene of Dwight and Darryl arguing by the steel, Dwight with a clipboard showing Darryl how he wants the shelves stocked.

DWIGHT: [continuing]
[smiling to himself]
Yes, autobiographical.  I have a database of every product I’ve ever sold during my tenure here at Dunder Mifflin.  The first item I sold was a case of 24 lb Ultra Premium Ink Jet paper, so naturally, that should be on the first rack of steel…

DARRYL: [continuing]
Jim came back just before Thanksgiving last year so he got to judge, being the new #2. 

Scene of Jim observing the warehouse from the top of the stairs, immediately turning around when he sees Roy and runs into the cameraman. 

He didn’t spend much time with us at first, what with his new Italian friend upstairs.

Scene of Jim and Karen in the break room, Jim smiling nervously as he’s looking at his watch.

But when it came close to the noon sales cut-off, he was right there with us,

Scene of Jim taking a hand truck of boxes to a waiting semi.

and even recruited a few more from upstairs to help us out. 

Scene of Meredith sweeping the floor while awkwardly holding her large drink; Darryl trying to help Ryan tell the difference between two types of paper; Creed putting small boxes in his pockets; Michael with his head in the box crusher as Lonny walks by and shakes his head; Pam watches Karen as she is helping Madge.

INT. CONFERENCE ROOM - DAY

Jim sits in front of exterior window.

JIM: Wow… last Thanksgiving… feels like a hundred years ago… I got the office to help the warehouse, even asked IT to mess with Dwight’s computer so he couldn’t enter orders. 

Scene of Dwight at his desk, trying feverishly to get his computer to work; Jim can be seen in the kitchen on his cell phone, looking at the back of Dwight’s head, smiling.

Said that there was a tryptophan virus affecting all the computers.
[smiles]
That reminds me…
[gets up to leave conference room]

DARRYL: [continuing]
We won, and we were all home by 1:00.
[smiles widely]

Scene of everyone leaving Convenient Food Mart with very small turkeys, Jim and Karen get into her SUV as Pam looks on, Roy watching her.

This year is different since Ryan is the new Jan and Infinity came online.  No more going home early. 

Scene over Jim’s shoulder as he and Pam read Ryan’s e-mail, look at each other and shake their heads.

No more bragging rights. 

Scene of Jim in Michael’s office, talking about Ryan’s e-mail.

But Michael still cut off sales calls at noon and upstairs helped us fill online orders until closing time. 

Scene of various upstairs employees helping in the warehouse; Ryan tries to get Michael on the phone but Michael will not pick up as he is on his cell phone, flashing the corporate credit card at the camera and smiling; Jim shows the camera an icon of a napping turkey on Dwight’s monitor as Pam walks by, looks at the monitor and smiles; Kevin and Oscar fill an order; Meredith is again sweeping holding a large drink; Creed takes a hand truck of product outside but not to a semi; Dwight tries unsuccessfully to get his computer to work, he gives up and goes to the warehouse only to see Angela and Andy packing an order together; Michael drives out of the Convenient Food Mart in the PT Cruiser (it is now dark outside).

So I guess the Scranton branch will remain undisputed champions. 

Scene of Jim and Michael taking small turkeys out of the back of the PT Cruiser and handing them to everyone; Pam sneaks a turkey to Toby.

I can live with that.

-Opening Theme-

2 - Act I by llynn20

INT. MICHAEL’S CONDO – THANKSGIVING MORNING

Michael is wearing sweatpants and his Fun Run T-Shirt, he is seated in the dining area, with the kitchen visible over his shoulder.

MICHAEL: So it’s Thanksgiving morning, I have the Macy’s Parade on the boob tube and the bird in the oven.  Speaking of boobs, Jan left last night to visit her sister in Scottsdale.  Apparently they patched up their differences and I may see her before Christmas.  She got a shiny new credit card and said that she needed time to clear her head. 

There is smoke beginning to come out of the oven, unseen by Michael.

But I have my turkey in the oven, Stove Top Stuffing in one microwave and my Potato Buds in the other.  I got a can of cranberry sauce for Jan but I’ll save that for her.  She made a shopping list of her favorite Thanksgiving foods before the deposition…  And I’ve decided that I don’t care about carbs today.  Bring them on.  I need something to keep me company around the holidays.

The smoke is very thick now and it is billowing out of the oven.  The smoke alarm starts beeping while the cameraman gestures towards the kitchen to Michael who looks at the oven then turns to bolt for the door, knocking the camera out of the cameraman’s hand and onto the floor.  The camera frame is still, showing Michael running out of the condo, screaming

EXT. SCHRUTE FARMS – THANKSGIVING MORNING

The porch of Schrute Farms. Dwight is sitting in the rocking chair whittling with a Bowie knife, drinking a tin of coffee, listening to the police scanner.

DWIGHT: No, I do not celebrate holidays in the traditional sense.  Since security locked the gates and I do not want to deface Scranton Business Park property, I have no choice but to stay home. 

Luckily the holidays are an optimal time for public disturbances, so I have my police scanner ready.  Although I may no longer be a Lackawanna County Volunteer Sheriff's Deputy, I do feel it is my duty as a citizen of this fine county to be aware of troublemakers and charlatans.  Also, my chores are done so I am just going to take in the beauty of the beet farm and enjoy the relative quiet…

POLICE SCANNER: We have a call in from Daniels Boulevard that there is an excess of smoke coming from Condo 126.

DWIGHT: 126 Daniels Boulevard is Michael’s Condo!
[Jumps up from rocking chair, throws coffee tin and Bowie knife at the house, splattering it with coffee while the knife sticks in the ground]

POLICE SCANNER: Unit 18 at the scene, dispatch.  Excess of smoke due to a frozen turkey in the oven.
[laughs]
Guy must not know that you need to defrost the bird first instead of raising the temperature to 500?!

Dwight continues to run towards Trans Am, not hearing the last bit of scanner information.  He slides over the hood of his car, falling to the ground.  He continues to yell for Michael.  He gets into the Trans Am, peels out of the driveway and slaps a light to the roof of his car.

INT. PAM’S APARTMENT – THANKSGIVING MORNING

Pam is in her apartment’s kitchen, pulling out a Green Bean Casserole; Jim knocks on the door, letting himself in.

JIM: Pam!  Are you decent?

PAM: Sorry, but yes.

JIM: Do you want me to come back later?

PAM: Get in here! 
[laughing]

JIM: You look nice! 
[sniffing the air]
Something smells g…

PAM: …good?  Oh I’m glad, I was worried that I would burn it or ruin it somehow.  It’s hard to mess up Green Bean Casserole, but I’m sure I’d find a way to do it.  I’m just so nervous about meeting your folks and I want to make a good first impression.  Are you sure this is okay for me to wear?  I was thinking of wearing…

JIM: [interrupting]
Kelly?

PAM: What?!?

JIM: Oh, I’m sorry.  For a moment there I thought you had turned into Kelly what with your speed talking.  If I would’ve heard you utter the words Bridget, Jones or Diary I would’ve walked out.

PAM: Very funny Halpert.

JIM: Are you ready?

PAM: Just about.

Pam puts casserole into a basket.  Camera pans to Jim who has a look of mild disgust on his face.

JIM: Did you talk to my mom about what she needed you to bring?

PAM: No, you said to just bring whatever my favorite side dish is!  Is she going to hate it?

JIM: I don’t think she’ll hate it, no.

PAM: Jim, should I have made something else?  Does someone else usually bring Green Bean Casserole?  Is Larissa allergic?  Should we stop somewhere and get something else…

JIM: C’Mon Kelly, let’s go.
[smiles and takes basket; when Pam gets her coat on, he frowns]

PAM: Very funny. 
[as they walk out, Jim’s cell phone rings] 
Who is it?

JIM: [frowns]
Michael?

PAM: Let it go to voicemail, I don’t want to be late.

EXT. CURB ACROSS THE STREET FROM MICHAEL’S CONDO – LATE MORNING

Michael is sitting on the curb, there is a fire engine and emergency response vehicle on the street.

MICHAEL: [on cell phone]
…so if you could make room for me at your table, I’d sure appreciate it.  Call me back.  I’ll call Pam next.  Bye.
[to camera man]
Jan took my PT Cruiser to long term parking at the airport, so I am stuck out here.  She’s probably enjoying the sun in Scottsdale, so I won’t bother her.
[Michael opens cell phone and places another call]
Pam! I just tried calling Jim and he didn’t pick up either.  I know you two are probably doing it right now but could you stop and come get me?  You owe me one Pam.  Remember after Diwali and you needed a ride home?  Wait that was me… Or that one time you saw me naked in my office?  That was generous of me Pam.  Just come get me.  Hurry.  I only have a T-Shirt on.  I’m cold. 
[voice mail beeps; he hangs up]

INT. JIM’S CAR – LATE MORNING

Jim is driving and Pam is in the passenger seat.

PAM: [reviewing]
Your mom’s name is Jennie, your dad’s name is Greg.  Larissa and Ricky are your siblings.  Ricky, not Rick, is married to Jen, not Jennie, and they have a baby girl, Mindy.

JIM: [smiling]
Congratulations.  You officially know more about my family than I do.
[goes to hold her hand]
They’re gonna love you too.

PAM: [Pam’s phone vibrates, she opens her phone]
I got a voice mail from Michael too.

JIM: [sees Dwight’s Trans Am speeding through the intersection in front of them, with his light on turning into the subdivision where Michael lives]
Was that?
[frowns with concern]

PAM: Yes.

JIM: Would you listen to your voicemail?

PAM: Sure…
[listens to her voicemail]
Michael wants us to pick him up because he’s only wearing a T-Shirt?

JIM: Dwight is in a bit of a hurry just for a pantsless Michael…
[pulls out his cell phone]
Will you listen to my voicemail?

PAM: Sure… what is your PIN?

JIM: 5602

PAM: 5602?  Is that the…

JIM: …day I met you.

PAM: [smiles, leans in to give Jim a kiss on the cheek; listens to Jim’s voice mail]
A fire?  There’s been a fire in Michael’s condo and his car is at the airport…
[Jim turns car quickly]
Jim, are you sure?  We’re supposed to be at your folks’ house before the Packers/Lions game…

EXT. THE STREET FROM MICHAEL’S CONDO – LATE MORNING

In front of Michael’s condo, Dwight pulls up in his car and slams on the brakes to stop right in front of Michael.

DWIGHT: [quickly exits his car]
Michael, are you alright, do you need medical assistance?

MICHAEL: What are you doing here? 
[frowns]
I haven’t called you yet.

DWIGHT: It doesn’t matter Michael, I am here now.  Everything will be okay.  Here, put on a sweatshirt… you must be cold.
[Dwight hands him the Battlestar Galatica sweatshirt as Jim and Pam pull up]

PAM: Oh Michael, what happened?  Where’s Jan?  Did you leave her in there?

MICHAEL: [leaning into Jim’s car window]
I burned my turkey Jim.  Don’t tell Ryan. 

JIM: Why would Ryan care if you burned your turkey?

MICHAEL: Cheesy Pita Jim.  Cheesy Pita.

PAM: Where is Jan?

MICHAEL: Scottsdale, and she left the PT Cruiser at the airport.  Hey, can I come with you to your Thanksgiving?  The fire department said I’d need to vent the house for a day or two and I just don’t want to go back in there.  Too many bad memories.

DWIGHT: You can come to my house Michael.  Stay in the America room until you can get back on your feet.  No charge, complements of the manager.

JIM: Great idea Dwight. Pam and I loved staying at the Radish-Inn Michael.

MICHAEL: Yeesh.  Why don’t we all go out there then? 
[Dwight shakes his head no]
I’ll make some calls, get the office together again.

PAM: We saw everyone yesterday.

JIM: Thank you, but no.  My new niece is at my folks’ house and…

PAM: …yes, and I haven’t gotten to meet Jim’s family yet.  Thanks anyway Michael.

MICHAEL: They can come too!

PAM: Just… no.

MICHAEL: Your loss. 
[starts dialing on cell phone]

JIM: [To Dwight]
Thanks.

DWIGHT: It is an honor to help Michael in his time of greatest need Jim.  It’s something his #2 should do.

MICHAEL: [on cell phone]
Andy!  Office closure chain of calls has turned into the Thanksgiving Leftovers hotline!  Call Stanley and Angela and they’ll know who to call next.  Yes, I know Toby should be notified but he isn’t allowed to be anywhere near me.  We’re meeting at Schrute Farms. 
[pauses] 
Bring whatever!

JIM: Looks like everything is under control here.  Dwight, Michael, Happy Thanksgiving.
[They pull away]

-END OF ACT I-

3 - Act II by llynn20

INT. HALPERT PARENTS LIVING ROOM – EARLY AFTERNOON

Jim and Pam arrive at his folks’ house, he opens the door for her so she is the first to enter, no one is in the living room, low voices are audible from the kitchen.

JIM: Hello?

Jim’s parents, siblings, sister-in-law and niece all come into the living room.  Jim starts interacting right away, taking his niece from sister-in-law until his mother clears her throat and Pam tugs on his jacket at the same time.

Wow, sorry.  Everybody, this is Pam.  Pam, this is…

PAM: [shakes hands with everyone correlating with names]
Larissa, Jen not Jennie, Ricky not Rick, Greg and Jennie not Jen. 
[points at Jim, frowns]
And you’re holding Mindy, but your name escapes me.
[goes to shake Jim’s hand]
Hello, I’m Pam.
[Pam smiles wide, Jim beams at her]

JENNIE: Amazing.  I’m surprised Jim remembered our names to teach them to you!  It’s a pleasure to finally meet you!

PAM: I’m very happy to meet you too… where can I set this?
[she holds out the basket]

GREG: Jim, the game is about to start.  It’s a pleasure to meet you Pam but we need Jim in the family room.

JIM: [turns to Pam, who helps him out of his coat while he holds Mindy]
I’ll be in the family room with the guys and the new Halpert Family Football.
[bounces Mindy; smiles]
Anyway, if Mom and Larissa get into it, just come find me.
[Jim bends to kiss her on the cheek]

PAM: [looks worried]
Okay…

JENNIE: What did you bring Pam?  Did Jim tell you how much he hates…

PAM: [interrupting]
Green Bean Casserole.

LARISSA: Wow.

JENNIE: Don’t worry about it Pam.  I’m sure yours tastes better than mine used to.

PAM: Used to?
[looking worried]

LARISSA: Jim hasn’t allowed Mom to even have that on the table since… gosh… he was in Jr. High.  Has it been that long?

PAM: He didn’t mention…

JEN: I’m sure it’s fine Pam.  I never understood why it wasn’t ever on the table.  I love it.

LARISSA: I don’t remember what it tastes like, so I might like it too!

JENNIE: It’s settled then, think no more of it.

EXT. SCHRUTE FARMS – EARLY AFTERNOON

Dwight and Michael get out of Dwight’s car.

DWIGHT: Mose!  We have a very special guest!

Mose stops scrubbing Dwight’s coffee from the house, the Bowie knife is still sticking in the ground.

MICHAEL: So this is where you live.  Schrute Farms.  Why did you want to come live with me at the condo when you had this whole place to yourself?

DWIGHT: [clears his throat]
We didn’t have a traditional Thanksgiving meal planned, and my turkey is still thawing…

MICHAEL: Kevin has to have a fryer.  I’ll call him. 
[starts dialing on his cell phone]

DWIGHT: Who is coming Michael?  We could start mashing beets.

MICHAEL: Andy said he’d be here.  He was going to be alone over Thanksgiving.  I’m not sure who else.  I’ll call Ryan, but only as a last resort.

DWIGHT: [to himself]
Andy will be alone?  Angela must be with her family… and Andy wasn’t invited.
[grins]

MOSE: Dwight, I have some ruffed grouse leftover from breakfast.

MICHAEL: Gross.

DWIGHT: It’s pronounced grouse.

INT. HALPERT FAMILY KITCHEN – EARLY AFTERNOON

JENNIE: Jen, why don’t you go lay down while we finish in here?

JEN: Thank you, I think I’ll do that.  Mindy only seems to sleep well when Jim is holding her.
[Jen exits]

LARISSA: So Pam, we’ve heard a lot about you over the years.

PAM: Really?  Hopefully good things.

LARISSA: Good things up until he moved away.  What did you do to him?

JENNIE: Larissa.

LARISSA: What?  I can’t ask?  We don’t see him much, so I thought I’d go to the source.

JENNIE: It’s not appropriate.  Anyway I don’t know that Jim’s mood was Pam’s fault as much as it was that Karen’s…

PAM: I think I just heard Jim…
[cheering is coming from the family room]

INT. HALPERT FAMILY ROOM

Pam hurries into the family room, where the TV volume is very low but the guys are still cheering; Jim is holding Mindy, who is fast asleep.

RICKY: Fourth down… they have to run the ball.

JIM: No they’ll do play action pass because the receiver in motion will be wide open.  Favre won’t give up an opportunity to throw.  Especially on Thanksgiving.

GREG: [after play]
19 yard throw!  Good call Jim!

JIM: [notices Pam]
Oh hey…
[gets up, hands Mindy to Ricky]
[to Ricky]
I believe I squeezed her too hard, there were noises and something I can only describe as a small explosion.

PAM: You didn’t have to get up.

JIM: Oh yes I did.  Mindy was about to melt a hole in her blanket.
[smiles] 
Everything okay?

PAM: I heard you talking football, you’re really good!

JIM: Thanks… Dad hates John Madden so I do the play-by-play.

PAM: I can’t stand him either.  Wait… Madden isn’t doing the announcing for this game…

JIM: I know, its just something we do now.

PAM: You really know your stuff.  Is Philly Jim an announcer too?

JIM: You’re funny.

PAM: Does Philly Jim like Green Bean Casserole?
[Jim starts to speak]

LARISSA: [interrupting]
Time to eat!

INT. SCHRUTE FARMS LIVING ROOM – EARLY EVENING

Creed, Meredith, Oscar and Andy are sitting on chairs and the couch.  Dwight and Michael are standing.

CREED: I brought my guitar.

MICHAEL: That’s not what I meant when I said to bring something to share!

MEREDITH: I brought a Bucket ‘O Cosmopolitans.

MICHAEL: That’s a start.  Meredith we could use your help in the kitchen.

MEREDITH: Why?

MICHAEL: Because none of us knows how to make anything and you are a mother. 

MEREDITH: My son is at his father’s and I’m not your mother.

MICHAEL: Oscar?

OSCAR: Is it because I’m gay?  Isn’t it enough that I brought a Butternut Squash Lasagna?

DWIGHT: Do they make Italian food in Mexico?

OSCAR: We’re in America…

The front door opens and Kevin comes in holding a turkey fryer.

KEVIN: Hey guys.  Here’s the turkey fryer.  You’ll have to heat up the oil first…  Hey… Why wasn’t I invited?

CREED: Michael mentioned something about you being engaged to a Stephanie.

MEREDITH: You should stay Kevin.

KEVIN: Yeah, Stacy is mad at me again this year anyway.

MICHAEL: Yes, the more the merrier.  But we need food.  We only have one turkey, some gross that Mose is plucking, orange lasagna, beets and Cosmopolitans.

ANDY: The caterer will be dropping off my Thanksgiving meal here instead of at my house, so we should be getting more food shortly.

DWIGHT: Is Angela your caterer?

ANDY: Not yet. 
[chuckles]
She’s having Thanksgiving with her family, but she knows we’re all here.

INT. HALPERT DINING ROOM – EARLY EVENING

At the head of the table sits Greg and clockwise sits Jennie, Ricky, Jen, Larissa, Jim then Pam.

JENNIE: Will you pass the Green Bean Casserole?

LARISSA: Sure, let me get a scoop first.
[Goes to pass dish to Jennie, but it’s intercepted by Ricky]

GREG: Who made that?  I haven’t had that in ages!

RICKY: Try some Dad, it’s really good.

PAM: Thank you.

JEN: Can you put some on my plate Ricky?  I’m going to see if Mindy will lay down for another nap.
[stands up to leave]

JIM: I can do it…
[goes to get up, trying to avoid the inevitable]

JEN: That’s okay, I’m up.

JIM: Darn…

LARISSA: Would you like to try some Green Bean Casserole Jim?

JIM: Umm… is there any left?  You guys seem to be enjoying it…
[the dish gets passed back to Larissa]

LARISSA: It’s been 15 years.  It won’t kill you. What are you 12?

JIM: 8.

GREG: C’mon Jim, there’s more than half left in the dish. 
[Jen comes back into the room]

PAM: [joins in the teasing]
I made a double batch.  But I can whip up some more if we run out.
[winks at Jennie]

JENNIE: Pam went through all the trouble. 
[Larissa puts some on his plate]

JIM: [puts a little on his fork and tentatively eats some, rolls it around in his mouth] 
Mmm… I think I heard Mindy.  Excuse me.
[he turns his back to the table and spits out the green bean casserole into his napkin; Pam looks crestfallen as Larissa laughs loudly]

INT. SCHRUTE FARMS DINING ROOM – EVENING

At the head of the table sits Michael and clockwise sits Dwight, an empty chair for Mose, Creed, Meredith, Oscar, Angela and Kevin.

MICHAEL: [whimpering]
Well this sucks.  Not enough food.  This is the worst Thanksgiving ever.  I’m so hungry…

ANDY: My food was good though.

CREED: There wasn’t enough to go around.  Don’t worry, I know just what to do. 
[to Dwight]
Is there a dumpster around here?

MICHAEL: There is something missing.  Some dish that would make our meal complete.

KEVIN: And it wasn’t the grouse or the deep fried beets?

MOSE: [enters from outside, goes to Dwight, whispers]
Monkey is here. 
[Dwight gets up quickly, goes to the door]

EXT. SCHRUTE FARMS PORCH – EVENING

Angela is standing at the bottom of the porch stairs, looks at the Bowie Knife sticking out of the ground next to her feet.  Dwight is at the door, looking down at her.

DWIGHT: Hello Angela.

ANGELA: [trying to contain her distress]
Hello Dwight.

DWIGHT: What are you doing… is everything okay?

ANGELA: I was having a lovely Thanksgiving with my family until Alicia showed up, so I left, taking everything I made with me.
[The back of her car is filled with food]

DWIGHT: I’m glad you’re here.

ANGELA: I’m not here for you.  I’m here because I can stand this dysfunctional ‘family’ slightly more than my own.
[looks over, sees Andy’s Prius]
Andy’s here?

DWIGHT: Yes.  Aren’t you glad to see him?

ANGELA: Of course.  I just didn’t want to have to deal with him today.

DWIGHT: Is everything going okay with Andy?

ANGELA: Of course.  Help me with the food, won’t you?
[Mose comes out of the shadows to help] 
Hello Mose.

MOSE: [quietly to Angela, so Dwight can’t hear]
D misses you.

INT. JIM’S CAR - EVENING

JIM: I’m really sorry Pam.  I had bad memories of Green Bean Casserole that stuck with me.

PAM: It’s okay Jim.  Embarrassing, but okay.  But just so you’re prepared for Thanksgiving next year… my mother makes a triple batch.

JIM: Planning next Thanksgiving… already?

PAM: Yup.  And while we’re talking about our future…
[leans in to whisper in his ear]
…how do you feel about Prime Rib for Christmas Eve?

JIM: [laughs]
I think I could choke down a 12 ouncer without a problem.  Bring on the ketchup.

PAM: And for New Year’s Eve…

JIM: Covered.

PAM: Really?  

JIM: Yes really.  I already have reservations for Cooper’s.  Soft-shelled crab sound good?

PAM: Umm…
[gags softly, teasing]
I’m willing to give it a try.  They have a landlubber menu, right?

JIM: [at stop light, he gives Pam a kiss]
I got a few calls on my cell when we were at Mom and Dad’s, will you check my voice mail?

PAM: Sure, maybe Karen called.

JIM: Hopefully.

PAM: [laughs, listens to voice mail]
Are you tired?

JIM: Kinda, not really.  Playing Halpert Family Football after supper helped.  I’m not sure why Jen wouldn’t let us use Mindy as the football, I was the family football for years and I turned out fine…

PAM: [closes her phone]
What do you say we go to the Beets Motel?
[Jim looks at her and smiles]

EXT. SCHRUTE FARMS – LATE EVENING

Pam and Jim drive up, Pam brings in the Green Bean Casserole. 

MICHAEL: Green bean casserole!  That’s exactly what we were missing!

- THE END -

This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2909