All They Need is Time and Relative Dimension in Space by lolaradish
Past Featured StorySummary: This is a crossover fanfiction for all the Doctor Who fans in here. It's Jam, of course, but with the sci-fi element of DW.
Also AU from the end of 'The Parking Lot' scene on Casino Night.
Full of science fiction, fluff, angst and humor.
Spoilers on Casino Night and possibly other season one/two episodes as well.
(you don't have to watch Doctor Who to understand the story. I'll explain everything since Jim and Pam are not part of the show either ^^)
Categories: Jim and Pam, Crossover Characters: Other
Genres: Travel
Warnings: Adult language
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: Yes Word count: 8975 Read: 11222 Published: June 28, 2011 Updated: July 26, 2011

1. The Mysterious Blue box by lolaradish

2. Where to? by lolaradish

3. He Took Over Paris with Metal by lolaradish

4. The Double Agent by lolaradish

5. And than they fought by lolaradish

6. Epilogue by lolaradish

The Mysterious Blue box by lolaradish
Author's Notes:
It all begins here.

disclaimer : I do not own either The Office or Doctor Who - sadly. Just using the characters and the TARDIS.
1# - The mysterious blue box


‘Not your fault. I’m sorry I misinterpreted our, uh, friendship…’ Jim says, walking away. Pam just stands there, twisting her engagement ring – that she never really liked, being so small and so not thoughtful – and wishing she could turn back to the time before he said those things so that they could be normal again. Pam saw that lonely tear falling from his eye again and her heart skipped a beat. That vision made her sadder than she had ever felt before. Pam turned on his direction, seeing him walk away, bowed in shame, and she was about to tell him to wait when the wind started sweeping weirdly. The spring leaves on the trees were being torn off. It was all very strange.

She saw Jim turn around and she did the same, as a figure appeared in the parking lot, along with a metalic sound: ‘vwop, vwop, vwop’. Then, they could never have guessed what appeared in front of them in the ten seconds that followed. A big blue Police Box. A big old weird Police Box that could’ve come from the 50s, from all they knew. And it was there, sitting in front of them, in the middle of the parking lot.

‘What the hell..?’ asked Jim. His voice was still a little shaken by the tears, Pam could tell, but she was happy to see a suspicious grin on his lips.

Suddenly, the door of the Police Box opened and a tall man with funny hair came out. He was wearing a beige tweed jacket with light brown elbow patches; trousers that seemed too short and black boots. He also had a bowtie. The man had a puzzled look on his face when he looked at a golden watch on his wrist and scratched the back of his head. Then, a red haired woman, also tall, came out of the box and stood next to him, She looked a little mad.

Pam looked at Jim. He had a weird smile on his face, the type of smile he had every time he was planning the next prank he would pull on Dwight.

‘Jim…’

‘Hang on…’ he said. He walked over to the people with the box. Pam followed him, curious. ‘Excuse me?’ he asked them.

Both the man and the woman seemed a little frazzled, like the other man that came out next. He was wearing normal clothes and was normal looking, except for his nose. It was a bit large.

‘Excuse me?’ said Jim again, only louder this time, to make sure they’d actually hear him.

‘Yes?’ asked the weird bow tie man. He had a funny smile when he broke from the whispered conversation he was having with his friends.

‘Why is there a blue box in the middle of our parking lot?’ Jim asked. Pam snorted. Such a Jim-type question. Gosh, he’s so adorable, Pam thought.

‘Oh, I’m sorry… This old thing… She never knows where to properly park anymore…’ explained the man, with a British accent, giving a happy grin.

‘Well, it is a parking lot… Sorry, what I mean to ask was why did a mysterious blue Police Box appeared at our parking lot from nowhere?’ Jim rephrased, smiling gently. Pam just stood next to him. She knew she wouldn’t be able to formulate sentences now, what with his confession and the suddenly appearance of what she thought could only come out of Dwight’s sci-fi addictions.

‘Sorry, we are a tad lost.’ Said the red-haired woman. She had a Scottish accent. The other man, who was standing behind her, between her and the English bowtie man, scratched the back of his neck, nodding. ‘We were supposed to be in Sydney…’

‘That doesn’t really answer my question…’ said Jim.

‘Where are we, exactly?’ asked the man with the large nose.

‘Hm, Scranton, Pennsylvania?’ said Pam. How lame was it that the only thing she managed to say after ‘I’m sorry if you misinterpreted things’ was ‘Scranton, PA’? ‘And who are you?’

‘Right! I’m terribly sorry! How rude of us! Ha, ha!’ exclaimed the bowtie man. He walked around and moved his arms in a very excited manner. It almost made Pam forget why she was feeling so down inside. ‘This is Amelia Pond and that is her husband, Rory Pond--‘

‘Actually, it’s Rory Williams—‘the man said, but was interrupted by the bowtie man.

‘And I am the Doctor!’ he finished, with a smile. ‘And you are?’

‘Jim Halpert and Pam Beesly, soon-to-be-Anderson.’ Jim said, with a sad smile. Pam sensed that he resented her, somehow. Probably for being such a stone cold bitch… At least that’s why she resented herself.

‘Okay!’ said the Doctor. ‘Now that we are acquainted, let’s find out what happened in Scranton, PA, during the May of 2006 that makes it so interesting for the TARDIS. Shall we?’

‘The what?’ asked Jim.

‘I thought we were going to Sydney! I’m dressed for Sydney! Oh, it’s going to be just like the time we met the Lizard people, isn’t it?’ Amelia Pond asked, at the same time.

‘I’m sorry…’ said Pam. ‘But the only thing happening here tonight is the office’s Casino Night… Also, there isn’t much of the action you’re probably looking for in Scranton.’

‘At least nothing that involves Lizard people…’ said Jim. Pam looked at him with adoring eyes. Yes, she loved that man. Roy was just an obstacle and he had been for a while now. Pam loved Jim and it pained her that she could do nothing about it.

‘Oh…’ said the Doctor, disappointed.

‘Yeah.. I mean, we don’t even have an IHop…’ shrugged Jim. ‘Anyway, what exactly is a TARDIS? And where are you people from?’ he asked, again.

‘Time and Relative Dimension in Space. It’s a time machine. Well, time and space.’ Said the Doctor.

‘Rory and I are from England, but the Doctor is… not. And we travel through time and space and fight monsters and stuff.’ Said Amelia Pond, with a smile. She was so pretty, Pam thought.

‘That is… weird. Dwight would probably love this…’ Jim said, more to himself then to the other around him.

‘And the box is bigger on the inside.’ Commented Rory, also to nobody in particular. Pam was thinking that, given the right circumstances, him and Jim could actually be good friends. But then again, Jim was friends with everybody. Even Jan.

‘Seriously?’ Jim asked. Pam was also curious. She was only an observer in this interaction, but she also really wanted to see what was inside that big blue box.

‘Oh, yeah… Do you want to see?’ the Doctor asked. Jim and Pam nodded and walked in their direction.

Pam, however, was not ready for what she saw as she stepped inside the TARDIS. It was huge, humongous, ginormous! There was a big round control panel, some weird light thingies, handles and a stair that took to a hallway. The thing went for miles!

‘We have a pool and a library… And other rooms.’ Said Amelia Pond. The Doctor smiled behind her, clearly amused by their confusion.

‘What..?’ Pam heard herself try to come out with a clear question, but it was all a blur in her head. There she was, standing inside a box that was bigger on the inside, wearing a periwinkle dress and high heels, with her hair and make up done, right after Jim had told her that he loved her and she had shut him down even though she loved him too.

‘Is this another dimension or something?’ she heard Jim ask. The Doctor had a disappointed look on his face.

‘How did you know?’ he asked. ‘Rory knew too… That makes me upset. It takes out all the fun of bringing people in here.’

‘Hm… I don’t know… I guess I became kind of a nerd after sharing a desk with Dwight for over four years…’

Pam giggled. It made her less sad that Jim could still make jokes even though he looked absolutely devastated.

‘Ok… This was fun, but I have to go home now…’ Jim said, going towards the door.

‘Wait… You guys could hang out with us for a while, right Doctor?’ Amelia asked, apparently looking forward to female company. Little did she know how much of a wreck Pam was at that moment.

‘Sure, why not? The more, the merrier!’ said the funny man. The mad man with a box, as Pam later found out.

‘Because we have to work tomorrow morning?’ Jim answered, clearly not amused anymore by all that crazy stuff that was happening before their eyes.

‘Oh, come on! It’ll be fun! And I can return back at this very moment when we are done! Promise! Just a couple of days!’ said the Doctor. Amelia and Rory seemed to agree.

‘That actually does sound fun…’ Pam said, simply.

‘Alright, then…’ Jim finally agreed.
End Notes:
Hope you enjoyed it and please review as this is my very first fanfiction here... ^^
Where to? by lolaradish
Author's Notes:
this is where the adventure begins... Also, we learn more about the Doctor, Rory and Amy..
‘So, what’s up with you and Lanky?’ asked Amelia, walking into the room where Pam was changing.

‘Excuse me?’

‘I don’t know… It’s just that it seemed that if we’d arrived two minutes earlier, we would’ve found the pair of you in an awkward moment, that’s all.’

‘Well, Amelia—‘

‘Call me Amy, please.’

‘Right, sorry… Amy, it’s a little complicated… And kind of a long story.’

‘Hey, we have all the time in the world…’said Amy.


***

‘So, you guys just travel the Universe and stuff?’ asked Jim, resting against the control panel. The Doctor smiled at him and nodded.

‘And time, don’t forget time!’ he added.

‘It’s kind of dangerous sometimes, but I’m a nurse, so…’ said Rory. ‘We do have weird and great adventures.. It is rather dangerous for us, but the Doctor can regenerate…’

‘What is that?’
‘Oh, interesting fact about Time Lords – that’s the name of my species - , we don’t really like to die, so in a way of cheating death, we regenerate and become someone else entirely. Of course, same brain and all that, but psychologically and physically different. It’s quite interesting.’

Jim gave a weak smile and walked over to the door. He looked at the small windows as if they were the most interesting things in the whole world. He was still trying to make some sense out of that whole evening. Casino night. Roy and Pam having fun. Talk to Ryan. Talk to Jan. Dwight folding every time he coughed. Roy asked for him to look after Pam. It was all a blur. Images were mixed in his mind. Pam’s voice saying ‘I can’t…’ and telling him he misinterpreted things was stuck in his head. Jim was functioning in basic autopilot.

When Rory came up to talk to him, he didn’t even notice he was near him.

‘Hey, are you all right? You seem a little shaky.’ He said. His voice was very kind and Jim knew that he was serious about the nurse thing.

‘Hm, yeah… I’m, uh, I’m ok.’

‘What’s up with you and Pam?’ he asked, looking up.

Jim chuckled a little. It was funny, because these people were completely new to the situation, so he could say anything… But he said the truth, even though it made him a jerk that came onto engaged women.

‘I’m in love with her and I told her tonight. But she’s engaged.. Has been for the past three years… It doesn’t matter, anyway, because I’m moving to Stamford. I just needed to tell her.’ He said, looking down at his shoes.

‘Oh… Right. Yeah, that does sound complicated.’ Rory said, smiling. Jim nodded, grinning as well.

‘Okay, enough about me and my boring, suburban life… What’s up with this Doctor guy? That’s his name?’

‘We don’t actually know his name… The guy is almost a thousand years old, I’m not really sure he knows his name anymore…’ Rory laughed. Jim went along. It was nice having some one to talk to and Rory Williams-Pond seemed good enough, and funny. ‘Amy adores him, so I kind of followed her here after our wedding. It’s nice, having adventures and saving people. Takes your mind off things like electric bills and jobs…’

‘Yeah, I could use a little taking my mind off things…’

‘So! Rory Pond! Where do we want to go?’ asked the Doctor, yelling from the centre of the well-lit panel room. Jim was about to call it the bridge, but he though it was too nerdy of him to know the names of the parts of a space ship. Even if it was a blue-box-shaped one.

‘No idea. Jim?’

Both men were looking at his direction. He had no idea where he wanted to go. Suddenly he thought of art. Pam loved art. Maybe they could meet some old artist like DaVinci or Michelangelo?

‘We could, maybe, go see some art stuff? I don’t know…’

‘Oh, yes… Van Gogh is nice, but we’ve met him already, it would be awkward to go again…’ said the Doctor. Rory gave him a weird look. ‘Oh, you weren’t there… It was after the time you died, remember?’

‘Right, yeah… All right.’

‘What?’ asked Jim, puzzled.

‘Oh, never mind that… It was literally a long time ago. Actually, it happened in the future, but it doesn’t matter anymore. Ha.’ Said the Doctor, clearly amused by Jim’s confusion. ‘How about… France? End of the nineteenth century? Ah! Paul Cezánne! The father of modern art… He took Paris with an apple!’ said the Doctor, very quickly. It was difficult keeping up with him, but Jim tried.

The Doctor pressed some buttons and moved some handles. He had Jim and Rory do the same and then the TARDIS was moving weirdly through time and space. Jim Halpert knew he’d never get the hang of it.

***

‘Where are we going?’ asked Amy when she and Pam arrived at the main area. Was it a bridge? Control room? Pam never found out.

‘We are going to Paris!’ exclaimed the Doctor, cleared pleased at himself. Jim and Rory were talking about some TV thing while checking some handles and buttons. Pam was happy to see that he was not miserable anymore. She was trying to think of a situation where they could be alone and she could talk to him. Amy was of great help. She gave good advice and was very sympathetic. But now that the Doctor said they were headed to Paris, she couldn’t be more excited.

‘Really? When?’

‘Somewhere in the end of the nineteenth century…’ he answered.

‘Wait! Paris? Are we visiting an artist? Monet? Renoir?’ Pam asked and she knew they could tell how excited she was.

‘Cezánne.’ The Doctor said, smiling. ‘Father of Modern Art. Jim gave me the idea of visiting an artist and he popped in my head. Great, isn’t it?’

Pam looked at Jim talking. Even upset, he thought about what she wanted to do and where she would like to go. Oh, how could she even choose Roy over how much she loved Jim? She had loved him for a long time now and only chose to ignore it because it was just a co-worker attraction thing… But now she was certain. It was love. And he loved her back. It was crazy! He was tall and handsome and funny, and he could have any woman he wanted. Pam was just a receptionist. With her curly blond hair and her lifeless cardigans, how could he notice her?

‘Yeah, it is amazing.’ She said, her eyes filling up with tears. She wiped them off and smiled.

***

The TARDIS landed. The group, or gang, as the Doctor began to call them, left the space ship to find themselves in an alley facing a street really close to the Eiffel Tower.
‘At least we landed at the place… What about the time?’ Amy said, with a smirk.
The Doctor looked at his golden wristwatch again and nodded. ‘Yes! Paris, 1871!’ he said.
‘Good… Now, where to?’ Jim asked.

***

They were walking in the garden behind the Tower, looking for Cezánne.

‘Where can he be? I mean, what’s he working on now?’ asked Amy, looking over her shoulder, trying to figure out where the artist could be.

‘Pam, you are the art girl… Do you know?’ asked Jim. He wasn’t looking at her, though, but only the fact that he has spoken to her made Pam feel a little better.

‘Erm… I think, if I recall correctly, he is between The Black Marble Clock and A Modern Olympia…’ she said.

‘Yes… The war has just finished and he and his mistress just came back to Paris…’ informed the Doctor. ‘In 1872, their son is born and they move away… So we’re right on time!’ he smiled.

‘But how will we find him?’ asked Rory, looking suspicious.

‘Don’t worry… Enjoy Paris… Come on!’ said the Doctor, hopping in front of the group and walking excitedly. They all shrugged and went along.

As the ‘gang’ walked along the [river], some people passed them by, whispering and talking very weirdly. Everyone, in fact, was acting in a suspicious manner on the streets.

‘How can we understand what people say? I mean, I don’t really remember my high school French, you know?’ asked Pam, shyly, while walking alongside Amy.

Amy smiled. ‘The TARDIS translates everything. You can go to any planet and you’ll understand everything. And they’ll understand you.’

‘Wow, that is seriously cool.’ Said Pam, giving a small grin.

‘Yes, the TARDIS is cool.’ Said the Doctor, who was walking in front of the group, followed by Jim and Rory, who were discussing planets and space.

‘Yeah…’ added Jim, joining in the conversation. He seemed to have forgotten everything from the night before. ‘Like that bowtie. That is really cool, Doctor.’ He gave that typical Jim-smirk that was particularly saved up for mocking situations.

‘Thank you! I think so too! Bowties are coo!’ said the Doctor, excitedly.

Rory laughed.

‘I think he was mocking you, Doctor.’ He said.

‘Sorry, Doc… I do that sometimes…’ said Jim, scratching the back of his neck.

The Doctor grinned.

‘You’re funny.’ He stated. ‘Oh, here it is!’

They were in front of an art supply store. It was very tiny and blue. Pam’s eyes sparkled as she looked at it. It had everything. Oil pastels, watercolors, oil paints, brushes, and canvases.

‘Oh my God!’ she said, putting her hands in front of her mouth in awe.

Jim looked at her, maybe for the first time since the parking lot, and smiled tenderly. He still loved her, more every minute.

‘Let’s go in, shall we? This is one of the most important art supply shops in Paris, so I suppose they’ll help us find Cezánne… Or even Renoir!’

The Doctor went in and was followed by Amy and Rory.

Pam and Jim stood outside. She was too marveled to go in and he was still gazing at her. As soon as she noticed it, Pam looked away from a beautiful set of oil pastels in the window and looked at him.

‘Jim…’ she said. He nodded.

‘You don’t have to say anything… I’m sorry. I was stupid and I shouldn’t have told you that. It wasn’t my place and I blew everything…’ he said. Pam felt her heart drop and the sudden urge to yell and tell him that she did feel the same way and the only reason why she said she couldn’t was because of Roy. But instead, she looked down, suddenly finding her shoes really interesting.

‘I… I don’t…’ she whispered.

‘Seriously. My fault. I misinterpreted things… And I didn’t really mean to say that in the first place…’ he admitted, staring at his hands.

Pam looked up while turning her engagement ring on her finger, like she always did when she was nervous.

‘W-what do you mean?’

‘Well, I wasn’t planning on telling you that, what with the wedding in 3 weeks and all… I was going to tell that I’m transferring to Stamford…’he said.

Pam’s eyes were wide now and she felt tears coming, again.

‘You’re transferring?’

‘Pam, come on… You can’t expect me to stay and watch you get married to him. There’s nothing holding me back in Scranton. I have to do this.’ With that, he joined the other three inside the art store. Pam stayed back fighting the stubborn tears that kept flowing. She couldn’t believe he was moving to Stamford. He couldn’t! He was her best friend! She… loved him.

After a while, Pam was able to wipe the tears yet again and went inside.

‘… he’s been acting really strange lately, yes… Always walking around all somber… Not that he was the happiest guy in the world, you know how this artists are… But lately he’s been really weird.’ The clerk was saying when Pam walked in.

‘What do you mean? Any strange purchases?’ asked the Doctor.

‘No, all the same. Just.. I don’t know… He’s talking strangely. Stiffer, somehow.’

‘Thanks, François. That was of great help. And this address too.’ The Doctor said, smiling and walking away.

‘No problem, Minister… Anytime.’

‘Minister?’ Pam asked while they were walking to the address François gave them.

‘The Doctor has this psychic paper that makes people see whatever document of whoever he wants to be… The Minister of Art of Prussia this time, apparently.’ Said Amy with a smirk that Pam came to know as the ‘the-Doctor-does-crazy-and-stupid-things-like-that’ smirk.

‘Well, Pond, I had to be a convincing member of the government and since he probably knows who the Minister of Art of France is, I had to be from another country.’ He said.

‘Also, Prussia is cool.’ Said Jim, smiling. Rory laughed and patted him on the back.

‘I like this guy…’he said.



They had been walking for about half an hour when the Doctor pointed at a blue two-story house. It had one of those typical French gardens and looked very quirky and pretty at the same time.

‘Let’s knock. Also, for the new ones, if I say run, you run. Don’t ask, don’t think, basically, run.’ The Doctor said, seriously. ‘I can’t help but feel that something is going on in here. Not the good ‘I’m-about-to-meet-a-Queen’ kind of feeling, but the ‘something-really-really-reeeally-bad-is-about-to-happen’ kind.

‘Okay, stop rambling, just knock.’ Said Amy, annoyed. She did that a lot with the Doctor.

He nodded and pressed the doorbell.

A woman with dead eyes opened the door. She had light brown hair and hazel eyes. ‘Yes?’ she asked.

‘I’m looking for Paul Cezánne. Is he there?’ the Doctor asked, smiling gently. ‘We are great admirers of his art, you see, and my friend here…’ he said, pulling Pam ‘… would absolutely love to become his apprentice!’

Jim stared at him with wide eyes. The type of stare that said ‘what-the-eff-are-you-doing-you-crazy-alien?’. Pam liked that… It meant that he cared. And she wanted to get through to him.

‘I am sorry. He is not receiving guests. Go away now.’ She said, closing the door.

‘Rude!’ said Amy, crossing her arms.

‘Was it just me or did she sound kind of… robotic to you?’ said Rory.

‘What the hell were you doing, risking Pam like that?’ cried Jim.

‘Okay, everybody. Calm down.’ The Doctor said. ‘I think you’re right, Rory… There is something rather roboticy mechanicy about her. Weird. Magnificent! And Jim, I wasn’t risking Pam… I was just trying to infiltrate!’

‘By risking Pam!’

‘Jim, it’s alright. I’d love to meet Cezánne…’

‘It’s not all right! For what I hear, every time you stop somewhere with the TARDIS, something goes wrong and this time I don’t think will be an exception. What’s more, that lady was all robotic and weird and she looked dead. Whatever is going on in this house, it’s not good and I will not let you risk Pam’s life to figure it out!’ he said, angrily.

‘Okay. I hear you. And I think you’re right. But I want you to believe me, Jim. I won’t let anything happen to Pam. She’ll be safe. I promise.’

Jim looked at the Doctor. They stared at each other for about three minutes before the human gave up, nodded and agreed.
Pam looked at Jim lovingly.

‘Are you okay with this, Pam? Being used as a bait?’ he asked.

‘Hm… Well, if the Doctor promises that I won’t be endangered, I guess I can trust him… Right, Amy?’

Amy nodded.

‘It’s all right, Jim. She’ll be safe. However crazy he is, I trust the Doctor.’ Agreed Rory, gazing at Amy.

‘All right! Magnificent! Let us see what’s happening here!’ exclaimed the Doctor, excitedly. He had a huge grin on his face and his eyes seemed to be far away, thinking thoughts that the other four could never even fathom. ‘How about giving it another try, eh?’ so he rang the doorbell again. The woman answered again.

‘Ah, you again.’ She said, trying to sound happy, but giving the same robotic monotone from before. ‘Cezánne is looking for an apprentice and she will be perfect.’

The ‘gang’ was in awe. Now it seemed even more suspicious.

‘Thank you for the offer, can you join us now?’ she asked.

‘Hm… S-sure…’ said Pam, shyly. ‘M-my name is… Pamela Beesly.’

‘Bonjour, mademoiselle. I am Claudine Bonfoiaunt, the housekeeper.’ She smiled mechanically. ‘Follow me, please.’

She opened the doorway for Pam, who stepped in. Jim held her wrist.

‘Where are you taking her and what about us?’

Madame Bonfoiaunt smiled.

‘I’ll take her to the master and you will be on your way. Say your goodbyes now.’ Saying that, she pulled Pam inside and closed the door.

‘Pam! Pam! Give her back!’ he yelled, banging on the door.

Rory held him back.

‘We’ll get her! We’ll get her!’



When Pam was pulled inside the house, what she was expecting was not what she saw. It was a very neat house, well-decorated, but there was no signal of art. No paintings, no brushes, no unfinished work and, actually, no sign of life whatsoever.

‘Does anyone even live here?’

‘Let’s go to the cellar, shall we?’ again, Madame Bonfoiaunt pulled her by the wrist, dragging her down a rather scary stairwell.

‘What’s in there?’

‘Master is there. He wants you, Miss Beesly.’
‘You mean Monsieur Cezánne?’

‘Master.’ The housekeeper nodded.

A tall man was sitting on a chair, gazing at nowhere in particular. He had glasses on and there was a bucket full of apples sitting next to him.

‘Sir, Miss Beesly is here. The new apprentice.’

‘Hello… sit.’
End Notes:
Liked it? please review! Hate it? please tell me how I can make it better... Thanks! See you next time!
He Took Over Paris with Metal by lolaradish
Author's Notes:
So, he trouble begins and we find our new enemy.

We also find a new friend.

A/N: Thank you so much for the reviews... They were really helpful.
Shanna, I think you'll be happy with this!
And I hope you like my Eleven, Vampiric Blood :D


disclaimer: I do not own any of these amazing characters and objects (can I account the TARDIS as a character?), I only have the box sets ^^
‘Okay, now I need a plan…’ the Doctor said, placing his chin on his hand.

‘WHAT? YOU DON’T HAVE A PLAN?’ cried Jim, getting angry. This man had just sent Pam into what could only be a trap and he didn’t even have a plan!

‘I like to improvise.’ Said the Doctor, shrugging.

‘Look, “Doctor”, if something happens to even a hair on Pam’s head, not all the regenerations in the world will be able to fix the bruises in your face!’ said Jim, pointing a finger at the Doctor’s face and looking at him with angry eyes. The Doctor’s eyes went wide and Amy put herself between the two men.

‘Okay, okay… Relax, Halpert. Look, trust me, we will find out what’s happening in here and Pam will be safe.’ She said, with a reassuring tone.

Jim relaxed his shoulders and stepped away from the Doctor.

‘Fine.’

‘Good! Magnificent!’ the Doctor said, clapping his hands and looking at his watch. ‘Now, let’s think!’

‘We could ask people in the area… You know? If they know of something weird that’s been going on around here.’ Suggested Rory.

‘Great idea, Rory! That is brilliant! Now, let’s split up in two groups! Mr. Pond and Mr. Halpert will go around and ask questions. Amy Pond and I will investigate!’

‘How come Amy stays with you?’ asked Rory, irritated.

‘Because I’m afraid of Jim right there and we are a good team, Amy and myself.’ He shrugged. ‘Now, split!’



‘Wow, the whole Universe fears the Doctor and he fears you. Congrats, Jim…’ laughed Rory, after they started walking.

‘Why do they fear him? He seems so…’

‘Weird? Mad? A freak?’

Jim chuckled.

‘Yes… Correct. All of the above.’

‘I don’t know… It’s just that he really never gives up… I do trust him. He saved Amy and myself.’

‘If you say so… I just couldn’t stand losing Pam…’

‘I know the feeling, mate.’

They arrived at the front door of the nearest house. Rory knocked.

‘Yes?’ a woman answered. She was old and tiny, and had small glasses that made her look like a lovable grandmother. ‘What can I do for you?’

‘We’re very sorry to bother you, ma’am, but we have a question about Monsieur Cezánne’s house… Has anything weird happened there lately?’ asked Jim.

‘Well, I don’t know… They just moved here, those two… But I haven’t seen the wife in a long time and the artist’s been more reclusive than ever… Now that you mentioned it, they have been acting weird.’ Said the old lady, looking puzzled.

‘Alright. Thanks for the help.’ They left and knocked at another door.



About two hours later, Rory and Jim met with the other two at a café.

‘What did you find?’ Rory asked the Doctor.

‘Well, it’s a very weirdly secure house… Too secure for this time period, in fact… There’s definitely something wrong going on in here.’ He answered. ‘Something extraterrestrial.’

‘What about you two?’ asked Amy.

‘Well, people haven’t seen the couple in a long time. Also, they didn’t mention any housekeepers. Only Cezánne and his wife.’ Said Jim. ‘So there’s definitely something strange going on in there. And Pam’s in there. Alone. With those people! Oh, God!’

‘Calm down! We have to find out who’s leading those things and why. Maybe Pam found something…’ said Rory.


***


‘Let me out!’ yelled Pam, banging on the door of the tiny room where she was locked in.

‘You must stay there. You know Him.’ Said Madame Bonfoiaunt. She had an evil look in her eyes.

‘No! Let me out! I want to see Jim! Where is he!? Jim! JIM!!’ she yelled, letting tears fall.

‘Hello, Miss Pamela Morgan Beesly.’ Said Cezánne, appearing in the frame of her small window on the door.

‘How do you know my full name? What’s going on in here?’

He laughed a diabolic laugh. Pam knew in that moment that he wasn’t the real Cezánne and that this was serious. Really serious and really scary.

‘We know everything about you because He knows everything about you.’ He started. ‘It was going to be difficult to get Him,we knew that, but when They offered you to us… Oh, that was it.’

‘Who is “He”? The Doctor? Rory?’ she asked, trying to remain calm while gathering all the information she might need.

‘No, not the Doctor. He is the only person the Doctor fears. And we are going to use Him to defeat the Time Lord once and for all.’

Pam gasped. She heard another mechanic-robotic sound coming from the end of the room. A triangular robot figure appeared. It has a round head and a laser gun coming from its body which was adorned by metal balls. It was all black.

‘Exterminate! Exterminate!’ it said in a choked voice.

‘What is that?’

‘I-am-the-Da-lek. We-are-the-Da-leks.’ It said.

Pam’s eyes filled with tears, again.

‘Wha-what d-d-do you want from me?’

‘Ja-mes-Dun-can-Hal-per-t.’


***


It was well after dusk and the group was back at the TARDIS trying to figure out what was happening in Paris.

‘Hm, Doctor? This TV thingie is picking up something…’ Amy said, looking at a monitor. Jim was sitting behind her with his face buried in his hands.

The Doctor came and looked at the screen. His eyes went wide and his hands started shaking.

‘No, no, no, no, no, no… Not them. No, no.’ he mumbled. Jim stood up and went to see what was written. He couldn’t understand anything, so turned to ask.

‘Who’s there?’ he asked.

‘I’m afraid our problem has tripled its size, if we’re lucky.’ He said, slowly.

‘What?’

‘We’re up against the Daleks. The TARDIS just picked up a signal from their ship…. It’s a message.’

‘Well, play it, then!’ exclaimed Amy.

‘And these Dalek-people have Pam?’

‘Yes…’

‘Shit.’

‘You’re quite right.’

The Doctor pressed some buttons and played the message while Amy, Jim, Rory and himself watched the monitor.

‘He-llo, Ja-mes. We-are-the-Da-leks. We-ha-ve-Pam-and-you-have-to-co-o-pe-ra-te.’ The robot on the screen (Dalek, apparently) said.

Jim looked puzzled. How would him co-operating help the Daleks and why did they need Pam? He didn’t know what was happening but he knew that it was bigger than he had ever imagined. And Jim couldn’t loose Pam. Just the thought made him gag. If co-operating with the bad guys would get Pam safe, Jim didn’t care if he died.

‘What the hell..?’ said Amy.

‘The Daleks need Jim? But why?’ asked Rory.

‘Oh, I know…’

A voice came from up the stairs. The four of them looked up.

‘Hello, sweetie.’
End Notes:
uuuuh.. mystery.

the DW fans will probably know who that is... anyway, we'll find out who she is in the next chapter.
as I said, please send reviews, I'd love to hear your opinions! I do accept criticism and ideas...

BYE!
The Double Agent by lolaradish
Author's Notes:
HI! I'm soooo sorry for the massive delay on this chapter, but I had a bunch of family stuff, getting-ready-for-Harry-Potter stuff and I had to go to my dad's. Well, anyway, now it's done. I hope you enjoy this chapter. I think there will be two more, so get ready.

disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters or weapons from The Office and Doctor who.
# 4 – The Double Agent


‘River?’ asked Amy.

There was a beautiful woman on top of the staircase. She looked fierce, like a superhero, and had curly blond hair. Her clothes were like a combat outfit but very feminine and she had a gun that looked like a mixture between a Star Trek phaser gun and a Colt 45 from the Old West movies with Clint Eastwood or Chuck Norris.

‘What are you doing here?’ asked the Doctor. The woman went straight to him and gave him a peck on the cheek.

‘I’m here to save you, sweetie. The Daleks are here and you are almost too late, therefore, much help is needed.’ She said. ‘And you must be the Jim Halpert they’re looking for.’

Jim forgot how to speak for a moment.

‘Hm, yeah. Jim Halpert, nice to meet you.’
‘I’m Dr. River Song, hi.’

‘Are you a Time Lord as well?’

‘No, just the old Time Traveler. Less about me. You, now. Are you planning on helping the Daleks?’ she asked, looking straight into his eyes. She saw right what he wanted to do. But Jim didn’t want to destroy the Doctor or the Universe or anything… He just wanted Pam to be safe. Because he brought her to this god-awful place and because she was in danger and because he loved her ever so much.

‘I just want to save Pam.’ He said, bowing his head. She nodded and looked at the Doctor.

‘We are going to need to be—‘

‘Aggressive, yes. We will. I have a plan.’ Said the Doctor, gazing at nowhere in particular.

‘Do you, now?’

‘Oh, yeah. Jim will have to co-operate, though.’

‘I’ll do anything.’ He said and truly meant it. Jim didn’t like the Doctor whatsoever. But he now realized that he was the only way he could save Pam. Pam mattered the most, more than his own life. He’d do anything.

‘Good. Now, let’s plan it out.’


***

Ding dong.

Pam heard the doorbell ring on the ground floor. She hoped it was one of her friends coming to rescue her. Jim. She really wanted to see Jim. She wanted to see him and tell him that she was wrong. Roy wasn’t right for her and Pam couldn’t marry him. She would change things. Yes, she could. Ad it turned out, it wasn’t Jim who misinterpreted their friendship; it was Pam who misinterpreted their love.

‘Who’s there?’ she heard the Dalek ask Madame Bonfoiaunt. Pam saw her looking at a camera and smile.

‘The One you’re looking for, Master.’ She said.
The Dalek laughed. Cezánne, stading next to him, smiled as well. He was hypnotized.

‘Ja-mes-Dun-can-Hal-per-t. He-will-get-me-the-Doc-tor!’ said the Dalek. His – or was it its? – voice was high pitched and robotic. Pam had been listening to it for a few hours now and it was extremely annoying. But, yes, I was Jim! He was there to save her! Pam couldn’t be more thrilled!

Madame Bonfoiaunt left the cellar e went to answer the door. A few moments later, she came back with Jim following her.

‘He-llo-Ja-mes.’ Said the Dalek.

‘Hey. So, I’m here to help if you give Pam back.’ he said. Pam stared at him in shock. This was not her Jim. He’d never do that!

‘Oh, but can can you help us?’ asked Cezánne.

‘I can give away the Doctor’s location and how to get him.’ He said.

“No! Stop that! Jim!!! Are you crazy?!?” thought Pam, giving him that look. The one that said “shut-up-you-are-doing-something-wrong-!”. Jim looked at her with sad eyes. It was hurting him to do that. Of course it was, Pam though, Jim was a nice guy.

‘Per-fect. We-knew-you-would-co-o-pe-ra-te!’ said the Dalek.

‘Yes, indeed. Write what we should know down and we’ll check the information.’ Madame said, showing him a sort of alien computer thing that Pam had no idea what it was.

Jim went straight to it and started typing. The Dalek, Cezánne and Madame Bonfoiaunt were staring at him while he did it. Pam noticed how stiff he neck looked, like he was stressed beyond belief. Jim was scared.

‘Done.’ He said, trying to sound nonchalant ‘Now let her go.’

‘Ha, ha. It’s not that easy.’ Said the robotic Madame, giving a frightening mechanic, lifeless laugh. ‘You can have the girl after we get the Doctor. Until then, you’re stuck with us.’

Cezánne held him and dragged him to the cell where Pam was. She was eager to see him closer and touch him.

Jim was thrown inside the cell and Pam rushed to him.

‘Oh, my God, Jim!’ she held him, squeezing his neck with a hug.

‘Pam, are you alright? Did these bastards do anything to you?’

‘Yeah, I’m fine… I knew you’d come back for me. Just… Why did you sell them out?’

Jim leaned toward her and whispered.

‘We have a plan.’ He winked.

Pam smiled. That was so obvious! They had a plan! Jim was not a bad guy! He had a plan!

‘You have no idea how relieved that makes me…’ she whispered back. ‘I knew you were not a traitor.’

‘Yeah, I’m not. But you have to keep it down, though. We have to keep it down because I wanna live..’he smiled sadly. ‘And I’m pretty that’s not going to happen if I bring a dead Pam to Roy Anderson.’

Pam dropped her head. Her eyes filled with tears. She was going to tell him. Tell him that she would end things with Roy as soon as they got to Scranton.

‘About that… I realized some stuff being locked here…’ she started, trying to sum up the courage to pour her heart out like he had. ‘Roy is not right for me. I mean, he might have been, years ago, but I feel like I’ve outgrown him. I am different now and he doesn’t support me… My dreams and ideas. And, as much as I love him, it’s not the same thing. Not the same love. I mean…’ Pam was trying to sound coherent but she knew it was hard. Jim was looking at her, puzzled. ‘There are a lot of reasons to call off my wedding… The thing is, I didn’t care about any of these reasons until I met you… Until I realized that life can be different, better… Happier.’

When she finally looked up with her teary eyes, she saw the same tears on Jim’s eyes. He was also crying. But they were happy tears now. Jim held her face and pulled her closer. Their tears mixed and their mouths smiling.

Pam remembered that kiss from the night of the Dundies. She was really drunk, but that kiss was amazing. Now, she actually felt was Jim was capable of… Soft lips and a tender touch. His thumbs caressed her cheeks and her hands held onto his hair. They felt how right that was. They fit. So magically and indescribably, they fit.

After what seemed like ages and seconds at the same time, they stopped, breathless.

‘Wow, you have no idea how long I’ve wanted to do that…’ he said, in a soft whisper.

‘Me too…’

They were startled by the sound of the Dalek coming.

‘We-ha-ve-got-the-di-rec-tions.’ he said. ‘Not-long-now.’

‘It’ll soon be over.’ Said Jim, holding Pam by the small of her back. She smiled softly. Soon they’d be back home and Pam would break things off with Roy. Then, she and Jim would be together. At last.



***


At the TARDIS, the Doctor, River, Amy and Rory were waiting. River had plugged a hearing aid on Jim so that they’d know what was going on inside the house and, so far, it was all going according to plan.

Jim was supposed to go to the house, wearing a small plug on his wrist, and give away the TARDIS positions and the Doctor’s “fake intentions”, and not mention River. He also had to put the plug on Madame Bonfoiaunt as soon as he was done with that, since he’d probably go to the cell and they needed more information on the Dalek’s plans on 19th century Earth.

‘He’s good. Maybe that’s why they needed him…’ said River. Rory snorted.

‘Maybe, or maybe it was the fact that the Doctor is scared of him…’

‘I am nor afraid of him! He just looks really determined.’ Said the Doctor, looking at the monitor where the Dalek’s soundwaves were coming.

The directions Jim gave were also a decodification system so that the TARDIS could infiltrate the Dalek’s computer and find plans.

Suddenly, a noise coming from a room upstairs. It was a metallic sound, very recognizable. The Dalek entered the TARDIS.

‘Let’s play.’ Said River, setting her gun.

‘Amy, Rory. Hide.’ Said the Doctor, getting his sonic screwdriver.
End Notes:
Two chapters left! Please send reviews, I like them. They are fun! Criticism is well-received. :P

bye!
xxxxxx
And than they fought by lolaradish
Author's Notes:
Hey! Last chapter! Next one will be the epilogue, so I hope you've enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it! Thank you for the reviews and everything!
#5 – And then they fought



‘Exterminate! Exterminate!’ yelled the Dalek, entering the TARDIS.

The Doctor and River took up battle positions in front of it while Rory pulled Amy into a safe ground.

‘Why, hello. Can’t you knock?’ asked River. ‘Oh, that’s right, you don’t have arms…’ she smiled.

‘Doctor-I-will-exterminate!’ it said, with that incredibly annoying blinking light, moving it’s eye around.

‘Oh, yeah? What makes you so sure that your magnificent plan will work this time?’ the Doctor asked, all furrowed browed and tight lipped.

‘I-have-what-you-fear-the-most! He-is-on-my-side!’ said the Dalek. Even though there wasn’t a face on it, it was obvious it’d be smirking at that point.
The Doctor laughed.

‘Yes. Well, you might want to check that again.’


***


As the Dalek left, Jim managed to get a hold of the situation. He was able to somehow get out of the cell – Pam suspected that he had stolen the key from Madame Bonfoiaunt when she wasn’t paying attention as he got in the house – and held Monsieur Cezánne.

‘Pam! Press those buttons!’ he yelled, while Madame was running from downstairs to their direction. ‘They turn off the robot!’

‘The Dalek?’

‘No, that’s not a… Just turn it off and I’ll explain!’

‘Let me out, you maggot!’ yelled Monsieur Cezánne, fighting Jim off.

‘Dude, relax, it’ll soon be over, alright?’

Pam went to the buttons. They were all brightly coloured and weirdly shaped. She had no idea which one to press.

‘I don’t know which!’

‘The one that writes “abort” and then pull the stringy thing on your left!’

So she did and the noise stopped. Madame Bonfoiaunt had been coming down the stairs so she fell when “unplugged”. All of her hair was spread around the floor. Cezánne had stopped moving as well. He was unconscious. Jim put him gently on the floor.

‘Is he going to be okay?’ asked Pam, nervous.

‘Oh, yeah. He’s just unconscious. But he’ll be up in no time, with no recollections of this whatsoever.
Don’t worry, we didn’t broke the “Father of Modern Art”’ Jim said, nonchalantly.

Pam giggled. He was right. They were alive and okay.

‘The robot controlled Monsieur Cezánne.’ She said, in a tone of understandment. Jim nodded in agreement.

‘What about the Dalek?’

‘Well, I’m not sure if I got it when the Doctor and Dr. Song explained it to me, but I think the Daleks – yes, there are more than one of them – are a shield of some sort, like a cocoon, and there’s an actual living-breathing-creature inside.’ Said Jim. And they hate everything and everyone.

‘And they are fighting it in the TARDIS right now?’ Pam asked. Jim nodded.

‘Come on.’ He said, lifting Cezánne from the floor. ‘Let’s take him upstairs and them we can go back.’


When they finally managed to leave the house, everything seemed incredibly bright to Pam.

‘So, I think we can go back to Scranton now…’ she said, looking up at the beautiful Parisian sky.

‘Yeah…’ Jim agreed, in a whisper.

‘I hope everything’s okay at the TARDIS.’ She said.

They kept walking. Jim had his hands in his pockets and Pam was still mesmerized by Paris. But she had more important things to worry about. Like how to break up with Roy.

‘Jim?’

‘Yeah?’

‘I want you to know that I meant it. Everything.’

‘Okay.’ She could see a tiny smile forming on his lips.


***


‘Is everything okay?’ asked Pam, knocking on the TARDIS door. There was a fumbling noise inside and the door opened.

‘Pamela! James! Enter s’il vous plaît!’ said the Doctor, looking frazzled.

They looked at each other with puzzled looks. Jim and Pam got in the space/time ship and saw nothing.

‘Did you guys defeat the Dalek?’ asked Jim.

‘Yeah, he used the emergency temporal shift.’ Said a beautiful woman Pam hasn’t met yet.

‘Pam, this is Dr. River Song. She’s awesome.’ Said Jim. ‘Dr. Song, this is Pam Beesly.’

They shook hands.

‘What is an “emergency temporal shift”?’ asked Amy.

‘It’s an easy way out for the Daleks. They used it during the war and they keep using it over and over and over… It’s quite boring, I must say… And it’s probably how he ended up here… I mean, last time I saw the Dalek we were in New York and it was 1930’s!’ explained the Doctor.

‘Well, at least everything’s good now. I think it’s time for Pam and me to go back to Scranton.’ Jim said. Pam nodded.

‘Are you sure? You can stay as long as you want…’said Amy, smiling at Pam.

‘Yeah, I mean, it’s dangerous, but the more the merrier!’ said Rory.

‘I loved meeting all of you and all that, but I think I’m good… You know? The whole “living-life-on-the-edge” thing is not really me…’ said Pam.

‘I have to go to. My prison awaits…’said River Song, smiling in a gorgeous way. Every time Pam looked at her, she was more beautiful.

‘Prison?’ asked Jim.

‘Long story, sweetie. We’ll leave it for later…’ she said.

‘Can’t you stay, River?’ asked Amy.

‘We’ll meet again, Amy, don’t worry.’ Said River, leaving the TARDIS with a wave of goodbye. She then stopped, turned back and kissed the Doctor. All of the other passengers looked stunned. So did the Doctor. ‘You never get used to that, sweetie.’ She said, finally leaving.

‘It’s a pity she couldn’t stay longer…’ said Rory, scratching the back of his neck, nervously.

‘And you guys too! We were having fun!’ said Amy.

‘Well, Amy Pond, if they have to go… At least we got one adventure.’ Said the Doctor, recovered from the kiss.

‘Yeah, if you could take us back, that would be lovely…’ said Pam.

‘True… It’s a hell of a commuting without the TARDIS.’ Nodded Jim.

‘You’re funny, Jim. Really funny.’ Laughed the Doctor.

He started doing that button thing, running around the ‘bridge’, pulling and pressing stuff. Soon they were flying through space and time. Pam felt bad going home and having to deal with everything, but it was for the best. Especially now that she would be with Jim. She was finally going to be fully happy. Forever.


***


‘Thank you so much for everything!’ said Pam as she hugged Amy in the parking lot of the office building.

‘I’ll miss having another girl around… Great to meet you, Pam!’

Jim and Rory were shaking hands.

‘You’re great, man. Thanks for all the help!’ said Rory.

‘No problem. Thanks for the adventure… I think..’ said Jim. Both laughed.

‘Jim Halpert, the only man that scared the beejesus out of the Doctor.’ Said the Doctor, smiling. They hugged. ‘Nice to meet you.’

‘You too. And you guys can show up anytime. Literally.’ Said Jim.

Pam laughed and nodded.

‘Come back whenever!’ she said, hugging Rory and the Doctor.

The three adventurers got back into the TARDIS and left with the ‘vwop vwop vwop’ sound that had scared Jim and Pam so much before.

‘I have some things to take care of…’ said Pam, looking at Jim lovingly.

‘Do you want a lift?’

‘That would be great, thanks…’

As they were driving, Jim looked at Pam with surprise in his eyes.

‘Can you believe we just came back from a fight with aliens in the 19th century France?’

‘I still think I’m dreaming…’ Pam laughed.

‘Well, it this is your dream then I hope you never wake up…’

‘Me too.’
End Notes:
Next up : the Epilogue!

Thanks for the support! And, Whovians, basically run!!
Epilogue by lolaradish
Author's Notes:
Thanks for reading!
Two Years Later


Pam was sitting in that room alone. Like she had been for the past half hour. She was surprised at herself. She wasn’t nervous. She was happy.

A lone tear fell and she wiped it right off. She stood up and looked at herself in the mirror. It was time, finally.

Her dress was beautiful. It was a strapless clean white dress with minimal details and artistic beauty. Her hair fell on her shoulders like an auburnish blond cascade with loose curls. The veil was simple and waist-high.

Even Pam thought she looked beautiful. Jim would think so too. Well, Jim thought she looked beautiful even wearing a potato sack, but still, it was their wedding day and she was happy she could look this good for the man she loved.

There was a knock on the door. Her sister Penny walked in wearing her blue bridesmaid dress.
‘It’s time, Pam! Are you excited?’
Pam nodded. ‘I can’t wait!’

Her wedding party went and Pam stood behind, holding her dad’s arm and her bouquet. It was a clean calla lilies bouquet with some ranunculus and some blue details from fragrant grape hyacinths. The whole wedding had a “blue” theme. It was all because the couple owed so much of their found happiness to the magic blue box.

Her music – a piano version of The Beatle’s “Something” – started playing and Pam and her dad started walking down the aisle. When her eyes met Jim’s, she could see tears forming in his eyes and his smile growing bigger and bigger. He looked so handsome wearing a dark grey tux with a blue bowtie – because bowties are cool – and a small blue rose on his lapel. While they were looking at each other it was like they were alone in the entire world and it was all perfect. And it was.


After the ‘I dos’, everyone left for the reception. It was going to be held at Jim’s parents’ fancy country club. Everything was blue-detailed and it looked very charming and tasteful. Bitsy Halpert was of very much help and his sister Larissa had great taste in flowers, so Pam was not alone in the organization of this wedding and that was a tremendous relief. Jim was also very helpful. He gave opinions and chose a great band to play – not Scrantonicity – and the cake they chose was delicious.

Pam had hoped the Doctor, Rory and Amy would be able to come, but she was pretty sure they wouldn’t.

That is why she was very surprised when – during the “oh my God finally!” private time she and Jim had on the veranda that overlooked a beautiful garden – they heard the very familiar ‘vwop vwop vwop’ sound.

‘Well, finally our guest list is complete.’ Jim said, holding his wife.

They smiled and went to join their old friends.
This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=5238