When He Found Her / When She Lost Him by NobleLandMermaid
Summary:  A response to this challenge "Get Jim & Karen together/apart in 55 words". Jim and Karen's (and Pam's) relationship in 6 55-word parts.
Categories: Jim and Pam, Episode Related Characters: Jim, Jim/Karen, Jim/Pam, Karen, Pam
Genres: Angst, Drabble, Romance
Warnings: Mild sexual content, Other Adult Theme
Challenges: 55, Get Jim and Karen together/apart in 55 words
Challenges: 55, Get Jim and Karen together/apart in 55 words
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: Yes Word count: 317 Read: 2768 Published: February 02, 2017 Updated: February 02, 2017
Story Notes:
The first chapter takes place around "The Merger" and the second around "The Job"

1. A Beginning and An End by NobleLandMermaid

2. The End and The Beginning by NobleLandMermaid

A Beginning and An End by NobleLandMermaid
Karen

"When we get to Scranton, you should take me out," she states, packing up her Stamford desk.

He nods, "Sure, I'll take everyone out when-"

"I mean just you and me."

He laughs, offers her dinner after work tomorrow.

She grins, "It's a date."

She turns away and misses the smile falling from his face.

 

Jim

Outside Cooper's, she gives a shy smile.

"You can follow me to my place if you want," he says, she quickly accepts.

In his bed, she's anything but shy and her liquor flavored lips call his name when she comes. She's exactly what he needs right now.

Maybe someday she'll also be what he wants.

 

Pam

Today was supposed to be different.

She shrugs off her gray sweater and studies her smooth curls through water filled eyes.

Today was supposed to be easy.

But he was stiff as he hugged her, terse as they talked.

Today was supposed to be the start.

Now it feels like she'll never get the chance.


The End and The Beginning by NobleLandMermaid
Karen

This isn't when she lost him, tears in their eyes by a Manhattan fountain.

Nor did she lose him at the beach.

Nor during their numerous talks.

Nor when he lied, then confessed to having feelings.

Truth is she lost him long before they ever met.

She lost him because she never really had him.

 

Jim

He should see his future here, he thinks as they stand by a fountain. He should see corporate ladder climbing, swanky Manhattan dates, a cozy Brooklyn apartment.

But instead he sees a curly haired girl who likes to draw. Who simply wishes he would come back. To her, to himself.

He's going to go home.

 

Pam

She twists a curl around her finger and jumps when the doorbell rings.

He stands in her doorway with a flower bouquet and a smile she hasn't seen for a year.

"It's okay, I'm totally fine," she fibbed to the cameras earlier.

But when he takes her hand, she really is fine.

They're finally starting.

End Notes:
Thanks for reading my short little story here! Please review if you are so inclined!
This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=5392