Heartbroken by WingWoman
Summary:

A series of drabbles concerning the woeful love lifes of the Dunder-Mifflinites.


Categories: Other, Episode Related Characters: Andy, Jan, Katy, Meredith, Toby
Genres: Drabble
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: No Word count: 913 Read: 15843 Published: January 09, 2007 Updated: January 17, 2007

1. Katy by WingWoman

2. Jan by WingWoman

3. Andy by WingWoman

4. Toby by WingWoman

5. Meredith by WingWoman

6. Ryan by WingWoman

7. Kelly by WingWoman

8. Karen by WingWoman

9. Dwight by WingWoman

Katy by WingWoman
Author's Notes:

I started out writing a story about Katy's life after Jim broke up with her on the Booze Cruise, but it turned into something completely different.  I just discovered how much I love writing drabbles, and it's new for me, so please tell me what you think!

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the @&%$*#%!property of their $&@*#! owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the @%#$! owners, @%$^#&! creators, or @+&^%#! producers of any media franchise. No %#$@$&^!  copyright infringement is intended.

Two months later, the wheel of your shopping cart squeaks miserably down the aisle when you hear the voices.  Amid the hurried crowds they dawdle, pausing frequently, as if they would love nothing more then to wander for hours and hours. 

            He looks down at her, tall even when bent almost in half over the handle of their cart. Her face glows with complete adoration gazing back.  And the countless times you convinced yourself that you were over him don’t seem to matter anymore when the smile in his eyes burns a hole straight through the center of your heart. 

Jan by WingWoman
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: Same as previous chapter

You close your eyes, leaning back against the cool car seat, and wondering why you said never ever ever.  Wondering why you’re so attracted to him in spite of the childish personality, the lack of social skills, the cocky behavior. 

            Now your eyes drift towards the overnight bag that you so naively packed.  You toss it unceremoniously into the back, start the car, and pull out of your space, distancing yourself physically and emotionally from the gambling, the booze, and the other woman. Because you were in high school the last time you felt this jealous.  And it scares you.

             

Andy by WingWoman
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: Ditto

Her dark hair swishes and swirls around her shoulders as you wonder how you were so easily replaced.  Just months ago you had been so close to winning her over.  You had been her closest friend, her compadre, her amigo, and yet she had been whisked away all too quickly by Halpert’s charm.  It almost makes you wonder if she was worth all the effort in the first place.

            Then you hear her quiet laugh and you know that you’ll wait until the end of time for her to be over this Tuna phase.  Unless that receptionist chick is interested.

 
Toby by WingWoman
Author's Notes:

Disclaimer: Same

If it’s a love triangle, you’re definitely not a corner of it.  Because they’re a couple and he’s conflicted, and most importantly, she’s madly in love.  There isn’t room for anyone else.

            Even if she doesn’t know it, there is more than one desk with a great view of reception.  You’ve taken to just watching her and pretending for a little while that it’s the two of you against the rest of the insanity.  But then you blink and he’s scooping jelly beans into his mouth and her face is lighting up, and suddenly you’re terribly alone all over again.

Meredith by WingWoman
Author's Notes:

Disclaimer: Same as always

Now that he’s back he sits across from you every day.  He entertains you with stories about Europe. You fill him in on the gossip about the remaining newbies.

            He’s always polite, always calm, always handsome.  And it’s so incredibly wrong and twisted, but you can’t help imagining he was the one who you made the deal with so many years ago.  Because you know that if you were his all the drinking and the gambling and reckless behavior would stop. 

            You sit back, listen to his fabulous voice, and wonder how much his homosexuality would affect your sex life.
Ryan by WingWoman
Author's Notes:

Sorry that it took me so long to update these!  Too much chemistry homework and not enough time.  I think that I'm going to have to stop trying to write while I do my homework also... you know something's wrong when you start comparing covalent and ionic bonding to the Jim/Pam/Roy love triangle... I might need help.  Thanks for the nice reviews and I hope you like these ones!

You know it has to end.  You have to break it off before it’s too late.  Because sometimes you think you might love her.

            She’s loud but she’s pretty and she’s kind, and when she runs out of things to say about Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes she has some truly interesting things to say.  She loves you with completely unconditional passion.  And that’s what keeps you up at night.  You know you’ll never be able to love her like that.  You’re not that kind of guy.  Not the kind of guy that she deserves.  And she deserves so much. 
Kelly by WingWoman

You’re a quiet person, on the inside.  Serene even.  But that’s not how the world sees you.  That’s not how he sees you.  Sometimes you even pretend it’s sort of a job, being a magnet for all the useless information in the world.  It clings to you, clawing at your insides and clogging your mind.  Channeling it through your mouth is the only way to get rid of it, the only way to keep from going insane. 

            But he doesn’t see that.  Try as you might you can’t make him see that.  And one day he’ll dump you for it. 

 
Karen by WingWoman

Moving day.  You pack the few belongings scattered around room 228.  He helps with the things in storage.  Nothing about his attitude suggests he’s unhappy with this change, none of his words suggest he’s having second thoughts.  But you watch him and wonder if those are really your things his practiced hands are unpacking, if it was really your plea that changed his mind.

            You had been gliding effortlessly towards him on a sheet of frozen glass.  Now your ears are ringing with the sound of cracking ice as your new life buckles beneath you.  It won’t hold much longer.

             

Dwight by WingWoman

Sometimes she’s cold and sometimes she’s proud, but she would never intentionally hurt you.  Still, you’re not blind and you notice every time her eyes get caught on his new beard.

            When you tell her you love her her whole face lights up.  When she returns your sentiments you don’t even need to check her for the three signs of lying.  But she still doesn’t trust you enough to let you sleep with your arms wrapped around her at night. 

            She could be the one for you if she would only let you know that you’re the one for her.   

End Notes:

I know these were all kind of major characters, but I really do plan to do more minor ones soon!

This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=889