- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

So do what you must do
To find yourself...

Damien Rice, Sleep Don't Weep

 

 

Hearing Oscar and Gil discuss her art the week before had jolted.

 

Scarred.

 

But she decided sometimes truth did that to a person.

 

And in the end, it was about waking up.

 

Forgetting the visions in her head - the cloudy ones, filled with someone she was no longer allowed to want - and waking up.

 

To who she was.

 

What she deserved.

 

To the choices she'd made.

 

She was starting to understand that she could - and should - ask more of Roy.

 

I can read you like a book. You can't keep anything from me.

 

She could.

 

Had.

 

And it was time to come clean.

 

Truth tumbled into her head, rested on her lips.

 

If this second chance was ever going to work (please, God, don't let it), she had to have something different - more - than before.

 

She'd had a glimpse of more.

 

Once.

 

And she wasn't sure Roy could ever live up, but she had to let him try.

 

"Hey, babe," she motioned toward a corner of the bar, "can I talk to you for a second?"


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans