- Text Size +

Disclaimer: They aren't mine. Not trying to step on the toes of anyone to whom they do belong. Just having a little fun...

 

 

I wish you'd make up my bed

So I could make up my mind.

Ryan Adams, Come Pick Me Up

 

 

Just one thing you had to do.

 

NOT give in.

 

That was it.

 

But you can't... NOT.

 

Bastard.

 

All you had to do was leave it alone.

 

NOT take the gift.

 

But you did. And you will.

 

You always will.

 

Because you do stupid things - like stare at girls who don't belong to you and confide (again) in Michael.

 

You breathe a little, knowing he was too engrossed in his "relationship" - nevermind his total lack of reasoning skills - to really hear you (do you hear yourself?) when you told him rebounds are fun...

 

"...but when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like. The one who broke your heart."

 

Wow.

 

Complete idiot.

 

You pound the steering wheel, trying to forget about her and Roy and Christmas gifts.

 

And it sort of burns, the way you have to try so hard NOT to think about her.

 

The way you have to convince yourself you're in a better place now.

 

The way you want to want someone else.

 

And yeah...

 

You should ponder the complete disaster that will (yeah, it will) erupt from the two of them being friends, giggling in corners and forming new party planning committees.

 

But all you see is the smile on her face and the gleam in her eyes when you walked over to reception and said...

 

"Oh, you know what? Sorry, I forgot to tell you. I intercepted a transmission earlier and it seems that the CIA's gonna need Dwight down at their headquarters in Langley for training and an ice cream social with the other agents."

 

You only meant to say goodnight.

 

But then she's searching for bus tickets (bus tickets! who else would think of that?) and you're pretty sure if she looks at you like that one more time, you're gonna break.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans