- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The story continues....

Also, thanks Peskipiksi!

Jim pulled out of the apartment complex as he turned his radio up. He didn’t want to think about this night. He was tired of thinking, he wanted to finally do something about it. He was tired of talking his way out of situations and feelings. He needed to fix this once and for all. He knew just the person he needed to clear the air with.

His car sped down the highway to her old house. He had been there to drop her off a few times. He knew the way and decided to go and see what happened.

Jim pulled up to the house and got out quickly. If he was going to do this, he had to act quickly. He couldn’t hold off any longer. His adrenaline was pumping and it was the right time to explain himself. He walked around the huge truck and on to the porch. The porch light wasn’t on so Jim cautioned himself as he made his way up to the door. He knocked, hoping that there would be an answer.

“Hey there Halpert. What’s up?”

“Can I talk to you for a sec?”

“Sure man. Come on in. Do you want a beer?”

“Nah, I just need to explain some things to you.”

“Okay. What’s this all about?”

“It’s about Pam.”

“Is she okay?”

“Yeah, she’ll be okay.”

“Okay. What is it then?”

Jim shifted in the seat that he was sitting in. He had been invited in the house and into the living room. Jim leaned forward to speak.

“Roy, I want to tell you how sorry I am.”

“Come on Halpert, tell me already. Why are you here?”

“I have loved her for a very long time. She broke off your wedding because of me.”

“What? Why would she do that?”

“I told her how I felt one night. Then, I kissed her… I just confused her. I’m sorry.”

Roy’s jaw tightened and he hung his head looking at the carpet. Jim didn’t want to have to explain this to Roy, but since Pam hadn’t, he decided it was the only way to wipe the slate clean. He needed to feel some of the guilt be lifted off his shoulders. He knew that whatever happened with Roy, it was going to determine what he was going to do with Pam. He hoped that Roy wouldn’t be upset with his confession.

“You kissed her? What were you thinking?”

“I don’t know. I just saw her, and did it.”

“Did she stop you? Did she tell you no?”

“Yeah, she told me she was marrying you. She wanted to stay with you, so I left.”

“Jim, that is the sorriest thing that I have ever heard. I can’t believe you would just kiss on some other guy’s girl.”

“I love her, Roy. I didn’t want her to marry you. I know that sounds bad…and I feel awful for everything,” Jim said as he started to realize what he was saying. He was digging his hole deeper and deeper.

“If you love Pam, what about Karen?”

“I don’t know. I haven’t talked to her about it yet. Yet again, I know that sounds really bad.”

Roy stood and motioned for Jim to stand too. Jim stood and waited for the hit. He wasn’t going to try and block it. He would take whatever blows that came his way. But instead of hitting him, Roy walked over to the door to lead Jim out. Jim followed and moved out the door to the porch. He had a feeling that he was about to have another door slammed in his face. Then Roy spoke.

“Ever since Pam has worked there, she hasn’t really been mine. She was only with me because I made her feel comfortable. She was always yours… but Pam is one of those people that denies her feelings. I had some clues when she broke off the wedding. She never came out and said it, but I knew you were involved.”

Jim felt sorry for Roy. Roy had the most amazing girl in his life and Jim had taken her away, just to leave her. Roy was lucky to have those ten years with Pam. Roy had had the chance to marry her, but he blew it. He was the one that didn’t care for her the way he should have.

“I’m sorry. I had to tell her and I messed everything up in one night. I went to Stamford and she broke off her wedding. I am really sorry Roy.”

“Hey, it was bound to happen. I didn’t give her what she needed. If she deserves to be with another guy, it’s with you Halpert. She loves you man.”

Jim stuck out his hand to shake Roy’s hand. Roy grabbed Jim’s hand and shook it. Roy smiled and gave Jim some more words of encouragement.

“Go get her man.”

“I’ve tried. She doesn’t want to talk to me right now.”

“Give her a few days. She’ll calm down and want to talk soon. That is one thing that I do know about Pam.”

“Thanks Roy.”

“No problem. Thanks for letting me know. Have a nice night.”

“You too.”

Jim went back to his car where he shook off all of the night’s tension. He rubbed his right shoulder before turning his car on. The clock on the dash read 11:34 p.m. Jim wasn’t sure if he should take Roy’s advice and wait to talk to her or go back to her place. He didn’t know how he was going to fix this, but knew he had to do something.

------

The next morning he woke up with Karen leaning over him. He jumped up and looked around his room. Karen had let herself into his house. Jim realized what was going on and lay back down with his hands behind his head.

“Good morning,” she said. “Wait, more like good afternoon. You look cute when you’re sleepy.”

Jim smiled and looked up at Karen as she sat on the edge of his bed. She looked great in her jeans and top. She always managed to look great no matter what the occasion.

“I tried to call you this morning but your phone was off,” she said. “Did you have a long night?”

Jim shuddered and licked his lips before he answered, “Oh, sorry. I have been really tired lately and I guess I let myself over sleep this morning. Are you already done with your shopping?”

“Yeah. I was just wondering if you wanted to go do something today. Do you have any plans?”

Jim hesitated. Should he tell her now or wait? He couldn’t decide what time would be best. He leaned up on his elbows to look her in the face.

“Uh, I don’t know. I kind of just want to hang out here today. Is that okay?”

“Sure. Do you want to rent some movies and order out?”

“Before we plan anything, I need….”

Karen stopped him by leaning in and kissing him. She put her hands on his face and pulled herself on top of him. Shocked, Jim didn’t know what to do. He was in the midst of telling her what had happened, and she wanted to make out. He leaned up all the way to move her off of him. She made a little noise in the back of her throat and continued to kiss Jim. He pulled away from her kiss and put his hands on her shoulders.

“Karen, you have no idea what I have been through in the last twelve hours. I need some time to wake up and get around.”

Karen moved away from Jim as he got out of bed and pulled on some pants. He looked into his mirror and saw just how horrible he looked. His face was pale and his hair was messy. Karen walked over to where he was standing and put her arms around his waist. She leaned in close to him from behind as Jim prepped himself in the mirror.

“Jim, are you okay? You seem upset about something.”

Jim wiped the sleep out of his eyes and kept his focus on the mirror and not how adorable she looked holding on to him.

“Yeah, that’s why we need to talk.”

Karen’s face fell and she leaned back to a standing position. He turned to face her as she folded her arms across her chest. Jim’s eyes filled with tears, like they had many times before when he thought about this moment.

“Jim, what’s wrong?” she said as her eyebrows furrowed at the sight of Jim.

“I can’t do this.” He walked towards his door and down the stairs.

Karen stood in his room waiting for him to return then she decided to follow him to the living room. She found him sitting on the couch with his head in his hands. Karen sat down next to him and put her arm over his shoulders.

“Jim, is this about us?”

Jim nodded. He lifted his head and looked at her.

“Pam…”

Karen’s eyes began a waterworks of tears. Jim’s hand found them and wiped them off her face. He hated when he made girls cry.

“I knew this was about her.”

“I’m sorry Karen. I feel very strongly about you but, it’s hard when I have someone else in my mind all the time. Do you understand?”

It was her turn to nod. She did so as she wiped her tears.

“I don’t want to make this anymore complicated than it is. If you think that she is going to make you happy, then so be it.”

With that sentence, Karen went to the door, opened it up and let it slam behind her. Jim stood to follow her out but stopped when he felt his world completely cave in. How many more hearts was he going to break?

Chapter End Notes:
If you all wouldnt mind, I would love some more reviews and ratings! Feedback is a great thing....so, if it looks like people are interested, I will post the next chapter that is in it's final stages of completion. So, please let me know! Thanks!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans