- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Written for the Office Romances Challenge. Spoiler for deleted scene in Benihana Christmas.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Double fudge brownies to girl7 for terminology help and to nomadshan for the title.

****

Toby Flenderson was not a man who enjoyed stroke mags or internet porn; the women with their cartoony curves and bold, open-mouthed stares only make him uneasy. Instead, he preferred to fantasize about women he knew who captured his interest but not his heart. This made Angela Martin the perfect candidate for five fantasies he had in rotation:

1) There were lulls in the day when everyone was on the phone or in the field and he more often than not found himself at the water cooler, where he could watch Angela work. Unlike Phyllis or Kevin or Pam or just about anyone else he knew, Angela’s face relaxed and her forehead smoothed when she was absorbed in her work. Toby liked to think she had the same expression when asleep; so his first fantasy of Angela was of watching her wake from her serene sleep, and then feeling one of her cool, efficient hands slipping into his boxers.

2 ) It’s ironic that Angela is a cat person, because she reminded Toby of a high-strung Yorkie he had as a boy Once in the break room, she was angrily re-sorting the soup spoons and teaspoons into their correct slots and without thinking, he had placed a hand across her narrow shoulder blades in the same spirit as he had calmed that long-gone dog. She angrily shrugged him off and spat out a single word – “Don’t!” Later, he imagined her “don’t” softer, almost questioning, and he pictured a new ending to the encounter, one that involved after hours, the counter, her hands held behind her back, and her panties on the floor.

3) He loved when his ex-wife, Denise, would whisper “like that, like that.” When he closed his eyes in the shower he used to imagine Angela saying the same, but then once he heard her explaining a spreadsheet or form of some kind to Kevin and she used those actual words, but with disdain and authority. He tried substituting the new intonation the next time and he found the fantasy worked even better, especially if he pictured her pony-tailed and wearing something snug, dark, and severe.

4) Once Toby figured out about Angela’s relationship with Dwight, he thought he should give up this hobby of his. But he soon realized that she was a woman newly confident and sexual, and her clothes were getting tighter, her heels higher, and her necklines lower. The day Michael and Dwight headed off to the convention, she wore a new black skirt that made him realize Michael was actually right, for once, when he tried to give her the “tight ass” Dundie the year before. The fantasy included her bent over his desk and his hands under the skirt.

5) When he wouldn’t help her deal with the rival Christmas party, Angela had slapped him. He had been irritated, of course, but that night he replayed the slap and her words (“You’re pathetic”) and found himself hard. He then added to the fantasy the back seat of his car; Angela in his lap wearing only white stockings and her Sunday school teacher shoes; and her voice, low and angry and insulting.

Bonus Dwight: Sometimes while in the middle of any of these fantasies, Toby can’t help remembering Dwight’s earnest and misguided questions about sex in general, (and he now knows) Angela in particular. Although he could usually keep focused by imagining himself saying “Watch and learn, kid,” the unfortunate fallout of this is that hearing Dwight say “Question!” meant that more than once Toby had to cross his legs or cover his lap with a notebook in a conference room meeting.



ElizabethLynn is the author of 11 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked Wackadex also liked 138 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans