- Text Size +

~7~

A warning sign

I missed the good part and I realized

I started looking and the bubble burst

I started looking for excuses 

He knew that pretending can only last so long and that kids are only good at it.  You have to be innocent to pretend things anymore.  He was stupid to even think he could last for a period of time.  He knew it was over with her, probably since the day it had begun, but he held on, just in case of an emergency. 

Come on in, I’ve got to tell you what a state I’m in

I’ve got to tell you in my loudest tones

That I started looking for a warning sign 

She’s now screaming silently at her desk.  She’s trapped behind it wanting to escape…wanting to tell him.  The idea of actually saying it out loud is becoming placid as the minutes tick by.  She wants so much for him to turn around…but the back of his neck will have to please her for right now. 

When the truth is

I miss youYeah the truth is

That I miss you so

And I’m tired

I should not have let you go 

She asked him if she could see him tonight.  It came out in one rushing sound of air.  But he understood.  He always understood her.  He nodded, smiled, and turned back towards his desk.  She could almost sense him sighing as he sat down.  Maybe something has changed she thinks.  Maybe tonight will be the end of this… 

So I crawl back into your open arms

Yes I crawl back into your open arms 

He agreed.  He wearily nodded, tired from his own thinking.  Tonight things would change.  She’s the one that came forward this time.  It’s a new beginning to the same old story. 

Chapter End Notes:
song by coldplay

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans