- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Contains spoilers through "Diwali" episode 3.06.

- Track Four -

 

Pam hated Tuesdays.  The weekend seemed hopelessly far away, and you had told all of your good weekend stories to your friends yesterday. 

 

Tuesdays were also weekly staff meeting days.  In the past, she would have looked forward to Tuesday's meeting as time to plot their next prank, or show Jim her newest sketches.  Now it was just an hour of listening to Michael drone on about something or other.

 

As she sat at a red light on her way to work, she turned on the radio, set to a Top 40 station.

 

Suppose I never ever met you

Suppose we never fell in love

Suppose I never ever let you

Kiss me so sweet and so soft 

 

Her fingers moved across her lips, and she could still feel the sweet yet insistent kiss she had shared with him so many months ago.  His lips had been as soft as the sweater he wore, the one she had taken hold of as she pulled him deeper in to the kiss. 

 

She didn't notice that the light had changed, and the car behind her honked.  As she stepped on the gas she shook her head, as if she could shake the thoughts of him out.  Of course, that never worked.

 

Suppose I never ever saw you

Suppose you never ever called

Suppose I kept on singing love songs

Just to break my own fall 

 

Pam thought about the text message she had sent at the Diwali festival last week, and how desperately she had wanted a response.  She had checked her phone every two minutes to make sure she still had signal, or that the battery hadn’t died. 

 

She hated to admit that she still checked her phone more often than usual, still waiting for a reply.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
Song lyrics from "Fidelity" by Regina Spektor.  Written by Regina Spektor.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans