- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Contains spoilers through "Branch Closing" episode 3.07

- Track Five -

 

It was just another Thursday morning. 

 

Pam sorted through the faxes that had come in during the early morning hours.  This was her favorite time of day.  Before anyone else arrived in the office, Pam started the coffee in the break room, and got her things in order before the day officially began.  She often listened to her mp3 player as she worked, and she had uploaded a new playlist the night before. 

 

The song in her headphones changed just as she saw it. 

 

A fax from Stamford. 

 

A fax from Jim.

 

She had noticed the faxes from Future Dwight several weeks ago.  Pam thought she might look forward to them more than Dwight did.  She smiled, and set the fax back in the tray on the machine so Dwight would think he was the first to see it.

 

She sat back in her chair and smiled at the thought of him so far away coming up with these ideas.  She closed her eyes and could imagine him leaning over her desk, flattening his tie against his chest.  He would be absolutely beaming with the greatness of his latest plot against Dwight.  She would be proud, and at the same time jealous that she hadn't come up with it herself.

 

All talk, no action

So what's the big attraction?

And don't tell me it's "just because"

All work, no play

Don't wanna go on this way

I wanna go back to the way it was

 

At exactly 8:01 a.m. Stanley went to Toby to file a complaint against Dwight.  He then went on to tell Dwight to expect a bill from his dry cleaner.  Dwight just kept saying, “You’ll thank me later.”

 

Before she could talk herself out of it, Pam booted up her computer and started a new email.

 

To: Future Dwight

C/O: Jim Halpert

 

Future Dwight,

 

Thank you for warning Past Dwight about the poisoned coffee.  Without your vigilance, we surely all would have met an untimely end this morning.

 

(Hopefully not too far in the) Past Pam

 

P.S. Watch the inter-office mail on Monday for important information.

 

Suddenly, it was not just another Thursday.

 

The next morning Pam opened a manila folder and put in a copy of the report she gave to Jan showing what Michael did each day that week, with the following note:

 

Mr. Halpert,

 

Here are the productivity reports you requested during our last phone conversation.  If you would like further clarification on this information, please let me know.

 

Pamela Beesley

Receptionist, Dunder-Mifflin Scranton

 

She also included a CD in a slim case, with the following note:

 

Jim,

 

I've been playing these songs a lot, because they remind me of you.  I'm sorry I wasn't brave enough to say everything I wanted to when you were here. 

 

I love you.  I miss you.

 

If you would like further clarification on this information, please let me know.

 

Pam

 

She held her breath as she wrote "Jim Halpert - Dunder-Mifflin Stamford, CT" on the envelope and gave it to the courier.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
Song lyrics from "Cold Hands (Warm Heart)" by Brendan Benson.  Written by Brendan Benson.


poshgirl79 is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Someone Else's Poetry also liked 258 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans