- Text Size +
So I know this is much later than I said it would be, but for your patience there are some bonus gifts at the end of this chapter!!! I still don’t own anything. 

XxXxXxXxXxXxX

 

            His arms are just as strong as you remember, his lips just as soft, and though you never want to leave his embrace there are still words to be said, things to be done.  You pull away slowly, slowly, eyes finding his once again.

            “You have no idea how long I’ve wanted to do that,” you murmur.  Finally the words from that night leave you warm and whole rather than tearing you to pieces.

            “Yeah, I think I might have some idea,” he responds, words deep and rich in your ears.

            “We have a lot of stuff to figure out, don’t we?”

            “Yeah.”  He moves away from you a little but doesn’t relinquish his hold on your hand.  “But we can get through it.”

            “I know.  Still, on Monday…”

            “We can’t be together.”

            “Not yet,” you whisper heart breaking and mending all at the same time.  “I want this to work but – ”  Roy and Karen, all your coworkers, Michael… how could any relationship survive the pressure of taking on so many obstacles at once?

            “How long do you think?”

            “I don’t know.  I have to talk to Roy…”

            “You’re sure that’s a good idea?”

            “Well it’s better than him finding out from someone else.”  He’s not convinced, you can tell, hands tightening on yours, eyes dark.  “Tell you what, I’ll talk to him after work and you’ll be there if things get out of hand again.”

            “Monday?”

            “Yeah. Can you wait for me to sort this out?”

            “Of course.”  A sigh creeps out of him and into the silence that fills the room.  “Should I leave?”

            It’s not right, it’s not right yet but you want him to stay so badly.  But if he did you know that you couldn't, couldn't not...“Yeah, I think that’s best.”  You have to force yourself to say it.  He lingers for a moment, then smiles, giving your hand another squeeze before he has to get up and release it. 

            You open the door for him once again, smiling sadly as he walks through it, pauses.  Suddenly he swings around and sweeps you up again, pressing against you and kissing you passionately as you try to match his pace.  When he pulls away you can actually see sparks blazing in the corners of his eyes. 

            “See you Monday then?” he asks wickedly.  Breathless you can only nod as he walks back towards his car.

 

XxXxXxXxXxXxX

 

            You want to respect her wishes, want to give her time to herself, but by Saturday afternoon the five blocks between your apartment and hers is unbearable.  When she answers the phone she laughs and says she had been trying to wait until 5:30 to call you. 

 

XxXxXxXxXxXxX

 

            He smiles at you when he walks in the door Monday morning and your cheeks get a little warmer, the ice in his gaze since he came back from Stamford finally having melted.  Almost as soon as he sits your computer dings.

 

JHalpert: Ready for today?

PBeesly: I guess.  What about you?

JHalpert: I think the worst is over.  Karen probably knows already.

JHalpert: When are you going to talk to Roy?

PBeesly: At the end of the day.

JHalpert: Are you sure I can’t just talk to him?

PBeesly:  You know that’s a bad idea.  It’ll be fine, I promise. =)

PBeesly: When are you going to tell Karen?

JHalpert:

PBeesly: Jim?

JHalpert: Look up. 

            You hadn’t even heard the click of the door as he walks in.  Panic closes in on your mind, threatening to overtake you.  Oh my God is he –

            But he doesn’t spare more than a glance for Jim, marching up to your desk instead.  “Hey, can I talk to you?” he asks sheepishly.

            “Um… yeah, sure.” Your voice is high pitched and nervous, your steps small and quick as you follow him out into the hall.  Jim isn’t even pretending to work, his eyes fixed on you, wide, his hands on the armrests of his chair, ready to leap up and follow until you give a small shake of your head.

            “Listen,” Roy begins as the door shuts behind you.  “I thought about everything you told me, and I decided that I’m not mad.”

            “What?”

            “I’m not mad anymore.  I mean, I was kind of a jerk back then.  It’s okay that you kissed him.  It’s all in the past now.”  Your brain seems to be moving slower than usual.  He can’t possibly be asking –

            “So what do you say babe?  Will you take me back?”

 

XxXxXxXxXxXxX

 

I already am about halfway done with the next chapter so that should be up by Monday or Tuesday – I actually mean it this time! 

And if you want to see what I was working on when I should have been writing this chapter… I made a new fanvideo! It’s all about Pam and set to the song “Always Tonight” by Catherine Feeny.  I’d be eternally grateful for suggestions!  

Youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0ilFlNFIYE



WingWoman is the author of 5 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 9 members. Members who liked Necessity also liked 530 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans