- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Two chapters in one day, because, um, I felt like it.

I don’t own The Office. I do own a pack of index cards. Not as exciting.

Thanks to Jenny (sharky)

            Jim walked back into his house, and sat the box down. There wasn’t much in it. He reread the note over and over, feeling guilty about the way he treated her. She was right – no one deserves to be treated that way. He hadn’t meant to. This whole year had just been a train wreck. Everything from the Casino Night confession, Stamford, Karen, even last night at the community center. Huge train wreck. All it did was manage to screw with everyone Jim cared about, and make his heart a broken mess. Not exactly one of my finest moments.

            Right before bed, Jim checked his emails.

            “Spam. Spam. Spam. Useless spam catcher.” Then an email caught his eye.

            Jim, I figure I would at least ask. I could tell something happened between you and Pam, and it wasn’t exactly over. But, it’s worth a shot. I meant what I said about you and Pam having similar styles. If you also enroll in the experimental mediums class Pam was talking about, I think you could do a really cool collaboration, combining your strengths and styles. Think about it. The class meets MW at 7 – starts next week.

-Nick

            Jim knew he wouldn’t be sleeping now. Did Pam get the same email? Was she interested? Was he? It was everything he had wanted since he bought the camera but was he just putting himself back to a year ago, starting up with friendship, never being able to have more? His heart wasn’t ready for that.

            Jim spent the night tossing and turning, trying to decide. He kept fighting the desire to enroll. Ever since he came back to Scranton, he had promised himself he wouldn’t get back in that position. But working with Pam? It was too much to resist. Besides, she had been acting different, possibly jealous, or maybe that was just his imagination at work.

            At 3 a.m., Jim got up, turned on his computer, and replied to Nick.

            i’m in.

 

            Pam checked her email obsessively. When she wasn’t painting, it was almost all she did. She knew it was pathetic; she hardly ever got email. It gave her something to do. She would be on her computer anyways, mostly trying to improve her graphic design skills. She wasn’t used to working on the computer very much, she liked to feel the paper.

            Pam. Today I put two and two together. You drew him constantly. I didn’t connect it until I saw the two of you together. I just emailed Jim, asking if he wanted to be in the experimental mediums class. Maybe you two could work together on a project. I meant what I said – you two have a complimentary style, and maybe, the project won’t be the only thing that happens. :) – Nick.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans