- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

In the spirit of April Fool's, I've decided to resurrect this "original" ending to The Garbage Can Letters. A few people may remember this chapter from the first time it appeared for a few days last year. Basically what happened was that around chapter 8 I got frustrated with this story and with a few other things in my life, and I decided to take out my frustrations on my story. So this bad!fic chapter fits in sometime around chapter 7 or 8. ;)

 

Marsha marched into Dunder-Mifflin at 10:00 am on the following Friday. She had never been to the office in daylight before, but it really wasn't any different. Just lighter. And with more people.

She turned to look at Jim.

"What is wrong with you? Are you deranged? Pam's clearly in love with you and you want to write her letters instead of talk about it?"

Pam looked stricken. She had no idea who this woman was, but it was obvious she knew all about her situation with Jim.

Suddenly, Karen lunged at Marsha from behind.

But Marsha had come prepared for this very moment. With a shriek of primordial anger she clawed at Karen. They wrestled their way toward the front door where Marsha reached for the flame-thrower she had hidden behind the plant last Wednesday night. Then, without warning, the entire hallway was engulfed in flames.

This was the moment Dwight had been waiting for. He leapt into action, and soon everyone was on the roof waiting their turn to jump into the bouncy trampoline that the fire squad had set up. Everyone, that is, except Marsha and Karen, who hadn't stopped wrestling even as the fire reached colossal proportions.

Phyllis was the first to jump, with a scream of utter terror.

Finally only Jim and Pam were still on the roof.

"Jim! Just in case we don't make it, I just want to say that that woman was right! I am so in love with you."

"Oh Pam! I love you too!"

As their lips smashed together in a surge of pure love, they clasped hands and jumped to safety.

Five minutes later they were still making out as the pile of ashes that had once been Dunder-Mifflin slowly fizzled.

The rest of the employees were huddled together in a group hug, with Ryan in the middle. The group had a moment of silence for their lost co-worker, Karen, and the brave woman who had given her life to save Jim and Pam's relationship. Unfortunately the moment was interrupted by Kevin's flatulence, at which point the group hug quickly disintegrated.

Their jobs now gone, the office mates slowly left the parking lot, waving goodbye to each other with tears in their eyes.

"What are we going to do now Jim? All I know how to do is be a receptionist, and you only know how to sell paper."

"Don't worry, sweetheart. I have it all figured out. Just say you love me and want to spend the rest of your life with me, and I'll take care of everything."

"I do Jim! I want to be with you forever and ever and ever."

"Good. Come on!"

With that they hopped in Jim's car and drove straight to the airport.

When their flight landed in Vegas, Pam woke up with her head on Jim's shoulder. She was embarrassed by the obvious drool stain, but he didn't seem to mind.

They rushed to the nearest all-night wedding chapel, said their vows and then got down to business.

Three weeks later they had both secured steady jobs as strippers in a large night club, and had made enough money to send a bouquet of gratitude and condolence to Marsha's family. They would never forget the kindly janitor who had finally brought them together.

 

Chapter End Notes:
Also, I'd just like say thanks for the Member's Choice nomination! It's my first ribbon, and I think it's extra special coming from readers! You guys rock! :D


Azlin is the author of 27 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 94 members. Members who liked The Garbage Can Letters also liked 3038 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans