- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Just a little something I wrote to make me feel better while waiting for the Season 3 finale tonight. Spoilers through Beach Day. Even though my character says he's God, he (and I) have no clue what to expect.

Hey. God here. This will be short because I’m kind of busy….prom season.

Anyway, I know there’s a lot on many of your minds. You want your questions answered, you want your hopes realized, you just want to…you know….know.

And I guess it’s my job to provide comfort, even if it is about a reality television couple that you’ve all come to care about….a lot. I care about them too.

You’re just going to have to wait, though, because even though I’m the Master of the Universe….I don’t believe in spoilers. Deal with it.

Let’s see what I can tell you.

I know that you’ve been worried….especially about Jim. You’re concerned that he’s changed and that he’s lost his way. You’re concerned that he will make the wrong choice. You’re worried that he will hurt Pam. I can say with confidence, that I’ve got his back. He’ll be okay.

It’s funny, but the prayer requests for Pam have decreased in the last week or so…since you heard what she had to say at the beach. You guys have figured that she can do it on her own, haven’t you? I’m still with her, though. She’s needed to lean on me less and less and I’m so proud of her (I know you all are too) but I’m still with her in case she needs me. Now just wait….don’t take that to mean that she WILL need me because something bad is going down. Man, you guys look for hints everywhere, don’t you?

I wanted to share a little something with you. Something that you’ve no doubt heard before, but I think it works here. It’s one of the verses that I’m most proud has been attributed to me. It’s from the Christian Bible….1st Corinthians.

Love is patient, love is kind.

"You have no idea how long I’ve wanted to do that."

"Me too."

It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

"And now you're with someone else. And that's... fine. It's... whatever. That's not what... I'm not..."

It is not rude, it is not self-seeking,

"You should definitely go out with Jim. I mean, you're going out with Jim. I'm not going out with Jim. You're dating him, which is awesome, because you guys are great together."

It is not easily angered; it keeps no record of wrongs.

"I'm excited to meet all the new people and to see my old friend again, definitely. That's always a thing that makes people happy... to have an old friend back."

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

"And I miss you. You were my best friend before you went to Stamford, and I really miss you. I shouldn't have been with Roy. And there were a lot of reasons to call off my wedding. But the truth is, I didn't care about any of those reasons until I met you."

It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres.

Remember, that, okay? I know that it seems these days it seems a little one-sided (see my examples above) and that Jim has given up his hope and his trust…that they died back on Casino Night only to be revived and killed again after the wedding. But if it’s love….real love (and I think we share an opinion of whether or not it is)….it’s still there, even if it’s buried under a protective shield.

No matter what happens tonight on this documentary….no matter what direction the paths of Jim, Pam and their friends decide to take tonight…just remember the last words of that verse.

Love never fails.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading! I appreciate your feedback.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans