- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
THanks to everyone who's given input on this story.

I will achieve and also increase production on the farm...

Change is business, so when Michael returns tired and notably rumpled, Dwight reorganizes his contract archive and analyzes the situation. He closed his deals last week (punctuality is next to domination), so he makes a list of new strategies and watches the blinds from the corner of his eye.

 

It’s been quiet enough (almost too quiet) since the merger. The lighting is the same (he checked), and the coffee is still at the lab, so he puts the change down to emotional imbalance.

 

Of course Jim would allow his personal life to interfere with things. Not that it’s that bad, but by his mental calculations, the relapse will spell doom for his scheduled calls. The risk of downsizing (or flash floods) is heightened when the path between his desk and reception is fraught with tension (and, no doubt, inappropriate use of company time and resources).

 

He stays late to finish emailing old clients, keeping one eye glued to Michael’s office. The lights are off, and if he doesn’t leave soon he’ll miss “LOST” - but he knows that a good hunter waits for its prey. So he sits, the glow of his monitor illuminating his face, poised to rush into his office - should the need arise.

Chapter End Notes:
how is it?

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans