- Text Size +
Story Notes:

In the universe this story is set in, the Office documentary airs just like we see it....in episodic fashion with just a few months off of actual time. Someone is writing fanfic and these are their reviews which are much more interesting then the actual story.....I hope it all makes sense. I don't own the Office or any of its characters

Author's Chapter Notes:

Covers season 1. Specific spoilers for The Alliance

Reviews For Not Jam…Just Jim and Pam

Submit a Review

 

Chapter End Notes: I hope you all enjoyed this. It seems like it’s a bit trite to say, but this really is my first piece of fanfic. I used to write a lot of short stories in college, but the realities and stresses of life have put an end to that. While watching The Office, though, I felt like I had something to say about the program and the “characters”. It’s just something I had to get out of my head. I hope you liked it and I’d love to read your feedback.


Title: Chapter 1 Reviewer: Miffy Signed

I can’t wait to read more of this. It was so good and felt real. Spot on characterization.

Author’s Response: Thanks for reading. I’m glad you felt the characters were believable. As I said in my author’s note, this is my first piece of fanfic like this so I’m glad you thought it was good.
Date:  13 Mar 2007 – 10:30pm [Report This]


Title: Chapter 1 Reviewer:  TypingPool Signed

This reminded me of why I liked season one so much. The playful banter between Jim and Pam before all of the ugh….drama set in. You have everyone’s voices down so well. It’s like you are quoting them directly.

Author’s Response: Yeah, those were the days, weren’t they?  In a way, I wish we could go back to that time…not that I don’t like seeing the characters develop, but season 1 was a lot of fun.
Date:  13 Mar 2007 – 10:42pm [Report This]

Title: Chapter 1 Reviewer: JazzBabiesRock Signed

Favorite line….” He had never verbalized it, not even to himself. His love was a silent thing, buried inside of him waiting for the day when someone would give it a voice.”  So……awesome.  I always wondered what was going on in Jim’s head and this is an interesting take on it. Can’t wait to read more.

Author’s Response: I’ve always been of the opinion that even Jim didn’t know what was going on in his head. I think it all seems so straight forward on the screen…that Jim and Pam should be together and that she should have dumped Roy, but well, I think it was a lot more complicated than that. Tons more. I’m glad you like that line. It was a difficult one to write.
Date:  13 Mar 2007 – 11:03pm [Report This]


Title: Chapter 1 Reviewer: Jims_Office_Chair Signed

This was cool. I’m not sure that I totally get where you are going with this, though.  Is this supposed to be like what was REALLY going on in Jim’s head during all of those episodes? Because some of the stuff that you’re talking about…that he’d go home and punch the wall or almost call her cell phone, I didn’t get that from watching the show at all and I watch Jim pretty intently. I'm his biggest fan and I never saw anything to indicate that was happening.

Author’s Response: It’s just a story, remember….but I like to imagine what went on in the things we didn’t see….the stuff in the negative space of the show (that’s an art term I learned from an artist friend of mine...it’s just as important as what IS there). I just think the show shows Season 1 Jim as someone who just has feelings for Pam, but doesn’t do anything about them and they don’t affect his life. I don’t think he was as unaffected as we saw. Just my opinion, though. Interesting Screen name, but the way. I'm sure Jim appreciates having a fan like you.
Date:  14 Mar 2007 – 12:43am [Report This]


Title: Chapter 1 Reviewer: Breakroom Regular Signed

Wow. You have such an novel take on things. When I first watched “The Alliance” I just thought that Jim was embarrassed at being caught in an “intimate” position with Pam by Roy. I thought he was afraid that Roy would beat him up or something, but then you wrote:  “He had crossed over that line….gone too far. What if Roy’s perception and jealousy caused her never to talk to him…that way...again? What if the casual touches and smiles….all she afforded him were over?  He would have to be more careful in the future. He would be like Charlie Bucket, given only one Wonka chocolate bar a year. He would break off little pieces of her, savoring each morsel, knowing full well that if he dared to gulp her down whole he could make himself sick and be left with nothing.”  Wow! You reference my favorite book in such a heartbreaking way. Hey, maybe Dwight is an Oompa Loompa! More please!!! I can’t wait to see what you do with Season 2.

Author’s Response: Thanks for your comments. I like knowing what parts of the story you liked. I think it must have been difficult for Jim always having Roy in the back of his mind….worrying about losing Pam’s friendship…worrying about Roy potentially hurting Pam (or punching Jim….) I like to think, though, that if it came to blows, Jim could handle Roy. He’s not big like Roy, but he seems agile and strong. Just my opinion, though. And I don’t think Dwight is quite orange enough to be an Oompa Loompa.
Date:  14 Mar 2007 – 2:26am [Report This]


Title: Chapter 1 Reviewer: NeckWatcher Signed

I’d be interested to know what you think Pam was thinking through all of this.

Author’s Response: Well, I’m going to admit something here and I hope it doesn’t make some of you stop reading my story, but well….I’m a guy. I know there aren’t a lot of us writing in the community. So, to answer your question, I don’t have any real insight into Pam. She never told Jim (or the cameras) what she was thinking so I’m pretty clueless. She kept her feelings pretty close….not that she had any obligations to share them with anyone, just…..she was hard to read. Maybe I can address that in a future chapter. Your reviews have encouraged me to keep writing, so stay tuned.
Date:  14 Mar 2007 – 2:45am [Report This]

  
Chapter End Notes:
Feedback is welcome and appreciated.I hope that my format isn't confusing and I'm not sure if this works as a narrative. It's just something weird that popped into my head.  I also was trying to make up screen names that I haven't seen here before. My apologies if it is one you have.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans