- Text Size +

It wasn't like he didn't want to be sitting here. He always wanted to be where she was. But right now he could think of a few other places where he might not feel so uncomfortable.

He was screwed. He knew it. He had tried everything. Dwight had failed him. Darryl had been a jerk. No, not Darryl. Darryl was his friend. But the other warehouse guys were pervs and he knew Darryl had to keep up his street cred. It wasn't Darryl's fault.

Who could he blame for this... this... massacre that was about to happen. Who had been involved? Packer, Darryl, Dwight, Toby--of course! He knew exactly who to blame. Everything that was about to happen was all Toby's fault.

He was about to open his mouth to tell Jan about Toby's skeevy little obsession with a certain photograph when she interrupted him again.

She was going on and on about her therapist or something. He wasn't really sure what it all meant, but he was sure it was all leading up to the big outburst. Jan had never been one to let him off easy and he was pretty sure Sandals, Jamaica hadn't changed that about her.

Maybe that was because they hadn't left their hotel room long enough to really absorb the local culture. He tried to keep the smile off his face at the thought of their hotel room. So many memories...

Suddenly Jan was standing up to leave and he realized he couldn't remember anything that had just happened. If Jan had lectured him, or yelled at him, he would remember that, right?

And then, just as quickly he was up against her and she was kissing him, and he didn't really know what was happening, but he knew that this meeting had just gone from very, very bad to possibly the best thing that had ever happened in his office.

She whispered in his ear, and he began to put the pieces together in his head. Maybe she doesn't know about the picture. Maybe she came here just to see me. Maybe she's completely in love with me. Maybe I'm about to have sex with her again.

She was leaving then and all he had time to do was tell her how much she meant to him.

"You complete me."

One thing was for sure. Whatever had just happened was not at all Toby's fault. It was his fault. He, Michael Scott, had just single-handedly bagged the ice queen.



Azlin is the author of 27 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans