4 [Reviews - 18] Printer ePub eBook
Summary:

Jim has loved Pam for so long, and has had enough heartbreak. There is only one thing he can do—have his memories erased of her. Inspired by the movie Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Slightly spoilerish for season 3, and definite spoilers for Booze Cruise, Casino Night and any other season 2 episode.


Rated: T
Categories: Alternate Universe Characters: Ensemble, Jim/Pam
Genres: Angst, Dream/Fantasy, Romance
Warnings: None
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No
Word count: 4174 Read: 6837 ePub Downloads: 0
Published: May 08, 2007 Updated: August 13, 2007
[Report This]

1. The World Forgetting By The World Forgot by WildBerryJam [Reviews - 8] 1 (1044 words)

Alright—I absolutely adore this movie, and wanted to create my own little Office/science fiction world around it. No copyright infringement intended here. I don’t own The Office or Eternal Sunshine. Or "Eloisa to Abelard" (which is Alexander Pope’s). I am trying my best not to completely rip off the film, but still keep the essential elements to it.

This chapter is in the present. In case you haven’t seen the movie (which you should!) the idea is that Jim/Pam have met before but have no recollection of their memories together. It will all get explained.

Also: secondrink and BoBerin/edo are just too good to me and deserve cookies for their beta-ing skills. 

2. ever-musing melancholy reigns by WildBerryJam [Reviews - 5] 1 (1283 words)

What makes Jim decide to have his memories erased.

Happy memories of Jim with a baseball cap go out to Azlin, BoBerin, and secondrink for just being awesome and throwing in their two cents for my crazy ramblings of this chapter!  They are simply too cool for words!

Set in July—one month after Pam’s wedding. Italics are memories, bold italics is a voice over.  Hopefully this doesn't get too confusing.  let me know if you have questions. Enjoy!

3. the Spouse prepares the bridal ring by WildBerryJam [Reviews - 3] 1 (757 words)

For the benefit of the people who haven’t seen the movie, and to clarify, here’s how the memory-erasing procedure works (in the film at least): He relives the memory, starting from the most recent going until the time they first meet.  There’s some technical hoopla that happens where computer guys go in and erase them.  It’s too complex for me to comprehend—so that’s pretty much all you need to know.

 

If it's in italics, it's Jim's narration.  If not, it's what's being sad.    Much love, thanks, gratitude and all around awesomeness goes out to shan21 and BoBerin for..... all their hard work and all that they made this chapter into :)  Enjoy! 

4. Let tears and burning blushes speak the rest. by WildBerryJam [Reviews - 2] 1 (1090 words)
Casino Night but with some changes...