- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Continuing my last day of school tradition....here are the 2009 entries.

Angela

The last morning meeting of the Bible Study club closes with prayer. It will serve as protection against the foolishness she knows will come later. Shaving cream and food fights. What horrible wastes! And then there’s that travesty of a yearbook!

Her purse contains thank-you notes for a few teachers…ones that value discipline over hugs and self-esteem building.

She leaves high-school today with high grades and with her character and dignity intact (despite the rumors that those awful girls spread about her.

There may have been a bit of  truth to them, but those girls are still going to hell.

  Dwight

He’s spent the last few hours putting slides in trays for the senior presentation.  It’s his last duty as president of the A/V club.  He arranges picture after picture of a-holes and weaklings and snickers at how pathetic they all look.

He knows that people will marvel at his personal photos: hunting trophies, Mose in a complicated choke-hold, him sporting a new orange belt, his pork butchering skills in graphic color.

He didn’t get a letter jacket or athletic medal…those “recognitions” don’t matter once you leave high school.

Everyone will understand. Dwight K. Shrute will one day rule the world.



GodInThisChilis is the author of 19 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans