- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

So, some people have said that this is kinda Pam being mean to Karen but really, Pam isn't being mean directly, she's just getting some subtle revenge and it's mostly just Jim realizing Karen wasn't right for him. These next few chapters won't have Karen in them, she'll just be mentioned. Also, all season 3, I never really liked Karen with Jim. She's a great person but because she came between Jim and Pam, I never warmed up to her. Hopefully we'll see some more nice Karen in season 4.

 

Here is a short one... its unbeta'd again so sorry.

It had been two weeks since Pam and Jim started dating. Karen had transferred two days ago and the tension in the office was significantly less. Tonight was the night when the sales staff had to stay late to complete order forms. Jim had been through this ritual before in Stamford, but he couldn’t remember doing it in Scranton. Pam was asked to stay late as well to help with administrative things but she was happy to stay with Jim.
“Big Haircut, shall we?” Andy had taken the desk across from Dwight for the night and he drew another mysterious bottle from his desk. Jim smiled at him, then at Pam who winked.
“I want in.” Dwight’s eyes widened. Andy nodded and pulled six shot glasses from the drawer.
“I took Karen into account when I brought these, so Pam, you have to take her place and do shots with us.” Andy placed the first shot glass on Pam’s desk and filled it to the top with the brown liquid. He distributed the others and filled them all. He returned to his desk and filled his own glass.
“One, two, three, shot!” Andy held his glass high and the other followed. Pam and Jim stared into each others eyes before downing the burning shot. Pam did not sneak her shot into the trash as Jim suspected Karen had done. She downed it and returned his gaze, her game face on.

Two hours and a bottle of alcohol later, there was little left getting done. Stanley had done one before heading home for the night. Phyllis had stopped at three before calling Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration. Jim, Andy, Dwight and Pam had all continued until the alcohol was gone. Dwight was now passed out on his desk while Andy fumbled with his “roomy twin” of an air mattress. Jim and Pam decided to try and sober up before calling a cab. They headed towards the kitchen, coffee in mind.
“Halpert, that coffee machine is busted,” Pam giggled.
“That’s the microwave.” Jim shook his head. “I need to sit,” he stumbled over to the chairs and threw himself into one. He landed roughly and bit his lip.
“Jim, you’re bleeding.” Pam came over and tried to wipe the blood from his lip but missed. She laughed and sat in his lap. They’re laughter petered off and they were left staring drunkenly at one another. Before long, Pam had pressed her lips to Jim’s. He could taste the alcohol on her as he kissed her roughly.
Pam grabbed his tie and dragged him to a standing position before leading him into the annex. He pushed her roughly against the wall, his lips leaving a trail of drunk kissed along her jaw line, his hand on her bare stomach. She was fumbling with his shirt when the door from the kitchen opened. They pulled apart quickly as Dwight stumbled by, into the break room. Pam hooked her finger into Jim’s belt loop and dragged him towards the phone so they could call a cab and get home, fast.
Jim followed happily. Pam wasn’t trying to trick him, she knew she could have him.

Chapter End Notes:
we all know what happened when they got home ;)


TearCatcher is the author of 4 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 14 members. Members who liked 5 Moments That Assure Jim He Made the Right Choice also liked 2883 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans