- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Not mine.

Jim and Pam came out of the break room and took their respective seats.  Pam began to type on her computer as Jim set to work, finishing a report on his computer.  The final game of the tournament was in progress: Kevin and Creed against Phyllis and Kelly (since Oscar had refused to play and Andy was taken out of the picture by Dwight once again).  

Keeping an eye on the conference room door, Jim reached across to Dwight's desk and picked up the bobblehead that looked like him.  At that time, Pam came to Jim's desk and leaned against it, facing him.  Under the desk, Jim unscrewed the cap to a silver thermos with "TechKnow" written across it in red, which he had received as a gift from a client.  He placed the bobblehead inside.

"Hey, Jim," Pam said nonchalantly.

"Oh, hey, Pam."

"Hey, do you have a... like, a big mug--maybe a thermos--that I could borrow?  I just hate having to go back and forth with my little cup."

"Oh, sure, here you go," he said with a grin.  He handed her the silver thermos with no witnesses to the kidnapping.

"Thanks," she replied, walking towards the break room.  Making sure no one saw her, Pam slipped into the women's bathroom and placed Dwight's bobblehead just inside the first stall, facing the toilet.

She walked out with the thermos, filling it with tea before she went back to her desk.  Jim gave her a knowing smile as she sat down and continued to type.

The tournament was finally over, and Dwight came out of the conference room.

"Attention, everyone--we have a winner!" Dwight said in a booming voice.  "Please help me to congratulate Kevin and Creed for their victory over the ladies!"

"Niiiiice," Kevin said from behind Dwight.

"So, is this a cash prize, or..?" Creed was asking.  

"No, Creed.  You get the joy of winning and the fun of spending time with your cowor-" Dwight paused mid-word, looking straight at his desk.  "Jim Halpert, where is my bobblehead?"

Jim furrowed his brows and tilted his head.  "What bobblehead?"

"The one in my likeness!" he exclaimed.   Pam noticed Angela peeking her head over the divider.   "What have you done with it?"

Jim shook his head and shrugged.  "I don't know what you are talking about, Dwight."

"Jim, just stop!  Tell me where the bobblehead is and I won't get Michael involved in this."

Again, Jim shrugged.   Meanwhile, Meredith (who had been three hours late to work and had just come in) came out from the hallway, holding Dwight's bobblehead.  "Hey, look what I found while I was on the john."

"Oh my god, Dwight!" Pam exclaimed, putting a delicate hand to her chest.  "What was your bobblehead doing in the women's restroom?" 

"Pervert," Phyllis mumbled.  

"Give that to me immediately," Dwight demanded, stomping over to Meredith.  "That is personal property and--"

"Yeah, your property.  So why was it in the women's restroom?" Jim interrupted.

"I did not put it in there!"

"Dwight, I really thought you were above that," Pam sighed sincerely.  "I am SO disappointed in you.  And I really think that Noelle would also be disappointed," she added almost in a whisper.  She shook her head and looked down.

"I DID NOT PUT MY BOBBLEHEAD IN THE LADIES' RESTROOM!" Dwight exclaimed.  "I haven't even been IN the ladies' restroom before!"

Jim tilted his head.  "You sure about that?"

"Absolutely."

"What about the time you ran in there to rescue that baby?"

Dwight sighed.  "There was no baby, Jim.  You know that because YOU put me up to it!"

"Well, yes, but... you still went in there, right?" Jim asked.

Dwight pursed his lips.  "I will not discuss this with you any longer.  I am going to find some disinfectant."

As Dwight stormed off into the break room,  Jim turned to Pam, and they long-distance high-fived each other.

 

***

 

After work, Jim offereed to take Kevin and Creed out for a drink for their accomplishment.  Pam, Meredith, Kelly, Phyllis and Bob joined them.

"You think he'll keep the foosball table in there?" Kevin asked as the waitress brought them a round of beer.

"I kinda doubt it," Jim said sympathetically. "But man, Kevin--I had no idea you were so good at foosball!"

"Yeah, I played some in college.  I wanted to go pro, but... had to make money," he said with a shrug.

Jim shook his head in astonishment.  "Drummer, foosball player, poker player, and fantasy football afficionado... you never cease to amaze me, Kev."

"Is that why you picked him when we played 'Who would you do'?" Pam asked with a devilish grin.

"That is exactly why," he replied, putting an arm around her waist.  While everyone else around them talked about the day's events, Jim leaned to Pam and whispered, "But you know he was only my second choice.  I was just too shy to say my number one choice."

Pam grinned, knowing his meaning.  "So who was your first choice?"

Jim looked up at the ceiling, as if thinking wistfully.  "Michael."

Pam burst out laughing, nearly spilling the drink in her hand.

"Careful, there, Beesly," Jim said, taking the drink from her hands.  "You're not even drunk yet and you're already spilling your drink.  I think I may have to drive you home tonight."

Pam gave him a grin.  "Maybe I should drink more to make sure that happens," she growled.

"Well, I can't have you too drunk--that just wouldn't be right."

"So what about last Friday?"

Jim bit his lip.  "But I was drunk, too.  So you took advantage of me as much as I did you."

Pam rolled her eyes and sipped her beer.  "Then I guess we need to get a little more booze in you, Halpert."

He laughed.  "I guess so, Beesly." 



receptionist is the author of 7 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 4 members. Members who liked The Tournament also liked 1978 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans