- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The continuing drama......

 

 

About an hour later, she could feel the tampon stretching her insides and she knew it was about time for a change. She figured if she asked a different person each hour to cover her on the phones, it wouldn't be so obvious what she was doing. Angela was first up.

The cramps had subsided for a few minutes after she downed her first ibuprofen, but it hadn't hampered her ability to ‘bleed like a stuck pig', as Roy would have said. She wondered if anyone in the history of womanhood had ever seriously bled to death, because at the rate she was going, she was going to need a vaginal tourniquet or something.

Jim stopped by her desk once after she returned to ask her if she felt okay. She asked him why and he said she'd looked a little pale. Karen had walked by and given him the Evil Eye about that time, so he quickly suggested some iron supplements and quickly trotted his pussy-whipped ass back to his chair. Pam grew more infuriated by the minute, but tried to contain her anger for Jim's sake. Normally she'd have been totally on Karen's side, but along with being irrationally jealous, Karen also knew how to hand a man's testicles to him in a burlap sack if they crossed her, so she knew Jim's passiveness wasn't going to break that barrier until she gave him reason to grow a spare pair and stand up to her.

Hour two was beginning to creep up on her faster than she realized. Phyllis was her next victim in the Let's-Shield-Pam-From-Imminent-Menstrual-Embarrassment Watch. With such a kind heart, Phyllis gave her an understanding smile and a "Sure, sweetie. Take your time," and sat down at the reception desk. Jim came over for a little bit and teased Mrs. Bob Vance about her new job and she giggled while he continued playfully teasing him. Karen got up again to make her ‘sweep' across the room, but noticing Phyllis sitting there, she decided to let this one slide. They were definitely going to have another one of those infamous talks that Jim loved sooooo much. She'd spend the evening pointing out that an indecisive woman like Pam was just not appropriate for him and how right she was for him because she was so stable in her career and her love life. Long haul girls always won out, her mother had once told her, flaky indecisive ones never did. Grinning with satisfaction, Karen made her way into the breakroom for a much needed snack.

Pam made it back to her desk in record time. Jim was standing there chatting up Phyllis. She wondered absently if he'd been keeping tabs on her bathroom activities. But his days of pranking her, or anyone in the office for that matter, were usually reserved for the days when Karen was sick or out on a sales call, so she felt safe.

"And you would be....?" Jim extended his hand to her. Pam offered up a sheepish grin and re-introduced herself as the new receptionist. They were such dorks sometimes, but that's what made them such great friends. Hopefully, when Jim got his head out of his ass, it'd make them great lovers too. And why was she thinking all of these lustful thoughts today?

An hour later, she was simply miserable. The ibuprofen had worn off a good two hours earlier than the package stated. She had a mind to sue their pants off during one of her inner menstrual rages, but then figured if you can't beat it, feed it chocolate!

Of course, this was the week that the vending guy had filled the machine with everything non-chocolate. She scanned and scoured the slots for anything with that sweet cocoa elixir. Hell, she'd have even gone for a half-spoiled carton of chocolate milk at this point. She was about to give up and started to walk away, when the bright orangey-red package caught her eye. Kit-Kats! Score! There was one left, so she had to act quickly.

But before she could make her way to the vending machine, Jim had sauntered in and begun perusing the selections. His brows knit together in extreme concentration for what seemed like hours. Then he finally made his choice and carefully deposited the coins into the slot. He mouthed the letter/number combination and Pam's heart dropped. Not the Kit Kat! Anything but the Kit Kat!

"Jim!" she screamed in a panic, wishing that she hadn't done so as soon as it came out of her mouth.

His eyebrow shot up and he swung around, as if he hadn't noticed her there up until that point. "Yes?"

She felt her face flush again and stammered, "Oh...um...I was just-gonna get that. And it's, like, the last one and everything and....well, I like, really need it."

The smartass grin he delivered back to her was not encouraging. "Oh, you need this?"

Crap, crap, crap! He's going to make me beg.

"Yes. Please....Jim?" she pleaded desperately with her eyes, trying to muster up a tear for sympathy. Unfortunately, she wasn't quite as talented with turning the waterworks on and off like he was.

"Come on, sit," he replied, patting the seat next to him. Her eyes nearly bugged out at the thought of not only sitting that close to him when she was this horny, but also of Karen finding them and the imminent tirade she'd be likely to rain down on them both. But damn it all, the chocolate trumped fear today. Her hormones called for it. Karen be damned.

Chapter End Notes:

Will Pam get her much deserved chocolate break? Tune in....


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans