- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A hot July afternoon at the MGM casino/hotel pool complex....

Hurry up, Halpert,” Pam splashed at him playfully. “Don't fall behind.”

Why, are you planning on dragging me under the waterfall and have your way with me? Again.”

Pam threw her head back laughing, the end of her ponytail dipping into the cool water. “Again? You say it like it's a bad thing.” She slowed down the motion of her inner tube by dragging her foot along the edge of the pool, and soon Jim bumped up besides her.

Was it such a bad thing?” She teased.

Well,” Jim paused, “only bad in the fact I had no idea you were such a hussy.”

Liar.”

Well, such a public hussy.”

Oh, come on. Nobody noticed.”

Says you. I can guarantee that the male flight attendant knew exactly what we were doing.”

How?”

Oh I don't know. Maybe it was that knowing wink he gave me.”

Pam gasped. “He did not!”

Jim grinned. “Okay, maybe he didn't. But he didn't have to. He did however give me the look that said he knew there was no way a guy my size was going to switch to the window seat without a very, very rewarding reason.”

Shut up,” she giggled. “Seemed to me like you had a good time.”

As his raft circled lazily, Jim reached out and grabbed one of Pam's ankles as they continued to float down the pool complex's man-made river. “I did,” he finally admitted, “and I got the impression you did too.”

Well, we didn't technically join the Mile High Club,” Pam mock pouted.

Close enough for me,” Jim replied. “I can do without a membership card.”

Membership has its privileges,” Pam retorted.

Jim replied by sitting up and pushing down on her raft down as hard has he could, which upended the other side and toppled Pam into the water, screaming as she went under. He was still laughing even as he felt her pushing up underneath his inner tube, and soon he joined her in the water.

Not nice,” Pam scolded, pushing the wet hair out of her eyes. “Not nice at all.”

Yeah, I can see you really hated that,” he replied, pulling her towards him.

I did!” She protested, though her huge smile certainly weakened her case. “Now I have to try and climb back onto this thing.”

Jim pulled the rafts as well as Pam out of the way to let some other people pass. He kept his arm around her waist long after the water was clear again, aware that despite the cool water she felt invitingly warm. When she turned towards him to grab her raft he couldn't help but kiss her.

So much for your claims of being such a private person,” she teased when they finally separated.

I guess you in a swimsuit overrode my good sense.”

Right,” she scoffed. “I can imagine what happened when you saw those women sunning themselves when we walked in.”

Which women?”

Pam cupped her hands a good distance in front of her breasts. “Those women.”

Jim chuckled. “I honestly didn't notice them. I must have been too busy looking at you.”

Pam made a noise of disbelief. “Then you were the only one. Trust me, nobody noticed me.”

That's fine,” he replied. “I don't want anyone else noticing you.” Jim was carefully stroking her back in way that was making both of them wish they weren't in such a public place.

Come on,” she mumbled, trying to shake the buzzing feeling he was causing. “Help me back up on this floaty thing.”

We probably shouldn't stay out much longer anyway,” Jim mused as they floated toward the open pool area that marked the start of the river. “You don't need to turn into a lobster on your first afternoon here.”

Good point,” she nodded. “It's a shame it's such a long walk back to our room, though.”

Jim raised his eyebrows mysteriously. “Maybe we don't have to go right back to our room.” He tilted his head toward one of the rows of cabanas that lined the pool complex. “Maybe we can hang out in one of those first.”

I think you need to reserve those,” Pam replied. “I'm pretty sure they aren't free.”

I know,” Jim smiled. “And I already did.”

Wow. You are full of surprises.”

You have no idea.”

I'm starting to, though.” Pam laughed. “So what's the plan?”

Jim shrugged and reached out for her hand as they drifted into the pool area. “We could just relax and have a few drinks while we dry off, then maybe later head upstairs to change for dinner. There's a nice Mediterranean place here I think we should try.”

How do you know all of this? I thought this trip was a last-minute idea of yours?”

It was,” he insisted. “It's just that unlike you, I couldn't sleep last night. So I spent a lot of time doing some online research instead.”

She squeezed his hand. “So did this research of yours find out how much privacy you get in a cabana?”

Enough,” he grinned, sliding off the inner tube. “Let's go check it out.”

Enough for you or enough for me?” Pam teased.

After this morning's flight I wasn't aware there was such a thing as not enough privacy for a brazen woman like yourself.”

Pam opened her mouth in shock, but was prevented from responding as he pulled her into a quick kiss as they waded to the steps.

“I didn't say I was complaining.”


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans