- Text Size +

She isn’t jealous. She is not jealous. She really, really is not jealous at all that this red head girl with her boobs hanging out her shirt is laughing and smiling and touching Jim’s arm. She really isn’t jealous about any of it. Because jealousy is green and she hates the color green. Except for when it’s his ey- She isn’t jealous.

She rubs her lips together again, feeling them slide against each other. She tastes the lip gloss on her tongue and it tastes awful. It isn’t even her lip gloss. It’s her sister’s and she just borrowed it a while ago and never used it because Roy doesn’t really notice things like that anymore and who else is she trying to impress? So it’s been sitting at the bottom of her bag for a while and she just found it this afternoon and thought she’d try it on.

It’s not because she’s jealous. Because she isn’t. She is definitely not jealous when she sees the way he looks at this other girl’s hips as she walks past him to get to the bathroom. No, her stomach is just hurting because she hasn’t eaten in a while.

She really doesn’t mind that he hasn’t talked to her much this afternoon, because he’s been flirting with her. And it’s not even flirting really. He’s just friendly with everyone. He’s just a really, really nice person who likes talking to people. He did the same thing when she first started here.

She certainly isn’t jealous that this girl gets to ride home in his passenger’s seat tonight. And she certainly isn’t thinking about the things they might do during their date. Or after their date. Because that would be- She isn’t jealous.

She doesn’t notice him standing there in front of her desk, looking down at her and smiling. She jumps when she looks up and sees him there. “What?” Because he’s looking at her really strangely.

“Nothing,” he says, shaking his head, “Just- You look nice today.”


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans