- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Poor Pam and Jim.  They were first abandoned by me and then by the writers.  We both have good reasons! 

We last left our bride and groom sleeping in Hawaii.  This chapter picks up right where we left off.

I also want to give a shout out to all of the amazing writers here on MTT that have inspired me to get back in the saddle for this story.  You are all getting us through these dark and dangerous Office times.

Oh yeah.  I own nothing to do with the Office, except for my Dundie and some fridge magnets.

She was floating. Her arms and legs were stretched out from her body and the ocean was cradling her and rocking her. The water was warm and although she was floating in the middle of nowhere, she was not afraid. She felt happy, almost giddy and her body tingled with a warmth that started in her stomach and spread out to the tips of her fingers.


A warm, wet raindrop rolled on her forehead. Then another on her cheek. Suddenly her lips were tingling and moving and...


Pam's eyes shot open.


“Hey, sleepyhead, you're finally awake,” Jim whispered.


Pam smiled and wrapped her arms around Jim's neck and returned his kisses.


“Mmmm...” she groaned. “What time is it?”


“Well, it's actually 10 at night.” Jim rolled onto his side and propped himself up on his elbow. “We missed dinner and the sunset. That plane ride really knocked us out.”


“Wow. I feel like I've been asleep for months. God, I was having the most amazing dream.”


“Oh yeah? Do tell.”


“Hmmm...I was floating on the ocean and I just felt so calm and...peaceful.”


“Well, you know, Beesly, the ocean is right outside our front door. What do you say we take a little night time dip?”


Pam stretched out her whole body with a groan and sat up. “All right, Halpert. But last one in the ocean is a rotten egg.”


“Oh, it is so on,” Jim said, looking serious.


They both jumped off the bed and frantically unzipped their cases. Jim was madly routing through his clothes, trying to find his bathing suit. He quickly glanced over at Pam, who was wearing nothing but her bikini bottoms.


“Okay, first of all, how did you get naked so fast and second of all, put that bikini top down, because putting it on would ruin your entire look.”


“Very funny,” Pam huffed as she pulled her bikini halter over her head.


“Man, you are so slow! C'mon, Halpert, put some hustle into it!”


Pam walked over to his suitcase and found his bathing suit instantly.


“Do you need some help?” She said sweetly as she threw Jim's suit on the bed and pulled his shirt over his head.


“If you must,” Jim said with a grin.


“Okay, I'll help you get you swimmies on, but we are making a starting line outside of the hut and the last place rotten egg challenge is still on.”


Pam began to slowly place a trail of kisses down Jim's chest and there was a slight delay of the race due to unforseen circumstances. But, before long, Jim and Pam were side by side, standing in front of a line drawn in the sand.


“On your marks!” Pam bellowed.


“Get set!” Jim barked. Then they both yelled, “GO!”


Pam was determined to be the first one in the ocean, but she could not compete with Jim's long legs. He was diving into the water just as her toes touched the shore.


He came up from the water and yelled, “Victory! You are, offically, a rotten egg.”


Pam stood knee-deep in the water, pouting, with her hands on her hips. “Well, I could have won if I had freakishly long legs like you, but, whatever.”


“My lankiness does come in handy, sometimes.” They both laughed.


Jim waded up to her and wrapped himself around her. “Well, Beesly, here it is.”


“What do you mean?”


“The ocean. You are standing in the ocean right now. Didn't you say once that you've always wanted to see the Pacific Ocean?”


She looked at him with a puzzled look on her face. “How do you know that?”


“A little bird told me.” Then, with one swift movement, Jim lifted Pam up and threw her into the water.


The moonlight sparkled on the water as they splashed and played together. Pam had never felt more alive.

Chapter End Notes:

This chapter was inspired by this song. 

 

http://www.asklyrics.com/display/Edwin/Alive_Lyrics/99254.htm

Edwin is a Canadian singer and this song is a bit of an oldie (1999) but a goodie.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans