- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Title - Yellowcard's Keeper.

Don't. Own. Anything.

I know I said I'd have this for you yesterday but it deleted itself and I got pissed, so you had to pay the price. My bad.

When her flight lands, all she wants to do is explore. She's decided she'll rent a car, so a flashy red VW-beetle, complete with navigation system, feels just right.

Slowly but surely, she makes her way to her hotel and checks in. She unpacks slowly, stalling for something she's not sure of. She had no missed calls or voicemails on the flight. It's only five PM by the time she finally wanders out of her hotel, but that's six PM there and she knows she's probably the last thing on his mind.

She finds a little "cafe" on the town's Main Street, but her idea of cafe has always been a place where sitting outside was at least an option. The inside's dark, the walls littered with memorbilia. She's greeted by a tiny, teenaged teary-eyed hostess (whom she later overhears tell a waitress she's quitting right then, and screw the notice - she doesn't deserve this treatment). Done there, she window-shops a block or so and decides she's done for the day.

She digs out her laptop back inside her room and types an e-mail to Jordan (the involved best friend, remember?).

Jordan!-

Houston's awesome, so far. I haven't done much. Got here, got my rent-a-car (so cute, I'll attach a picture!), ate at the "cafe" (I had the world's smallest waitress, I swear!), and well, here I am. It was so nice out, warm and breezy. So different from Scranton, I think I'm in love!

Speaking of...Well, this morning before I left, you know, the 11:11 you taught me? I didn't really wish for anything...I guess. I wrote him a letter, though, and dropped it in his mailbox on the way out of town. How cowardly. I basically told him I was sorry, that I couldn't stay mad at him and I want to work on being friends. Oh - and that I don't love him.

I think tomorrow I may find a church to go to. My meeting with the school's not until Monday morning, so I have some time to kill. It's going to be a lonely two weeks.

Love, Pam

**

Sunday goes by quickly. The church she barges in on is small and bright, full of friendly people and faces. They tell her a few places she could visit, like the mall or the...well, there's not a whole lot to do here, so maybe she could see a ballgame. Sounds fun to Pam, but the idea of going alone doesn't exactly thrill her.

**

Monday. Her meeting was promising - the lady told her that, basically, all that has to be done for admittance in August is credit-transfer approval (she didn't know that was a possibility). The graphic design internship would've helped, but, oh well, the lady tells her. Can't change the past!

She heads back to the suburb where she's staying, not wanting to overdo it downtown, and finds the mall with surprising ease. Two hours and three new outfits later, she grabs a meal at the food court and heads back to her room.

She's not normally a napper, but has been asleep for about an hour when her cell phone rings from the nightstand beside her.

Chapter End Notes:

Who was it? WHO?

Wednesday, hopefully.

R&R!


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans