- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

My titles have switched genres: Calling All Cops - Motion City Soundtrack.

My computer became a paperweight, guys, so excuse the absence! Please?

This one's short, just to keep this going. 

Actually, a lot of this chapter comes from ideas from the new MCS CD. Which is love, by the way. 

Suddenly, her fingers don't work. First, the knob wouldn't turn as she was leaving the conference room. Then, she transferred a call to Michael instead of Karen. Now, she can't even make herself fidget with her necklace. She's just staring at her cup. Waiting. He walks back into the office area, glaring at her through dead and tired eyes, but says nothing. He slows to gently squeeze Karen's shoulder and whisper something in her ear.

 

She looks confused. He cocks his head towards the door just as the producers are asking Pam for an interview. Jim knocks his knuckles on her desk and tells her they're (he and Karen) are going on break, and the camera guy's going over pre-interview procedure, and Michael's crying, Angela's scowling, Pam feels like her head might explode. She half-shouts, "Whatever." And stands to walk to the conference room.

Dramatic exits look much better on TV. Except this one. She'll never hear the end of this, tripping over Jim's big-ass feet. Why'd he have to be near the end of her counter, anyway? She regains her composure and sits by the window in the conference room.

"Oh, that? Jim just...Spilled something...On the floor...It's okay, though, I've got hardwood floors so, nothing permanent."

Jim stands, Karen sits on a bench and looks like she might vomit. 

Chapter End Notes:

Sorry, guys, Prison Break's starting. More later tonight!

P.S. - it's my birthday :] 


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans