- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Michael is... well, he's Michael.  He throws a party...

"I can't believe you actually convinced me to go to this," Pam said, her head hanging down as she walked up to Michael's condo. 

Since the camera crew had found out about them, suddenly others in the office were realizing their relationship.  First it was Kevin.  He walked into the break room just as Jim gave Pam a quick kiss.  What was most alarming was that he started calling for Oscar and saying something about "evidence of intimacy."  After that, all hell broke loose.  Angela knew, but she didn't care.  She was still too upset about Sprinkles.  Dwight found out soon after, which meant Michael wasn't far behind. 

Once Michael found out, he'd been begging them to do "couple things" with him and Jan.  He insisted that they owed it to him because supposedly, he helped them get together.  So now, on a Friday night, Michael has invited all the couples of the office.  This consisted of him and Jan, Jim and Pam, Phyllis and Bob, and even Oscar and Gil.  Pam wondered how many of those couples would actually show up.

"Hey you were the one who totally destroyed the excuse I had going," Jim commented.

"Don't start," Pam warned.

"Hey, a sick grandmother is a very legitimate excuse.  You didn't have to tell him she's been dead for two years."

"How was I to know what it was about?  He just asked out of the blue!"

Jim shook his head and rang the doorbell.  Jan answered, wearing a very deep red kimono-like dress.  "Jim!  Pam!" she exclaimed.  "Oh, it's been so long!" Jan threw her arms around them at once. 

"Hi, Jan," Pam said quietly, trying not to smell the mix of alcohol and cigarettes on Jan's breath.

"Well, come on in!"

Jim and Pam shared a glance as they walked into the condo.  Jim smiled and nodded, seeing the Japanese theme in the front room.  A giant Japanese flag was hanging on one side, and there were strips of cloth hanging from the ceiling (held up by thumb tacks).

"Someone just watched Hero, didn't they?" Jim whispered into Pam's ear.  She giggled as Michael approached.  He was wearing a karate uniform (probably borrowed from Dwight) and a strip of cloth tied around his head, like the Karate Kid.

"Aw, good day to you sir!" Michael said, resurrecting Ping.

"Hey, Michael," Jim said, smirking at the insanity.  As they walked in further, Jim and Pam found Phyllis and Bob sitting at a low table.

"Hi Phyllis," Pam said, bending to greet the older woman.  "I honestly didn't think anyone else would come."

"Well, I overheard Jim telling you about it," Phyllis explained.  "No one should have to deal with Michael alone."

"My friends," Michael said, still as Ping.  "You must remove your shoes!" he demanded.  "Before we eat, you must remove your shoes!" he repeated.  Jim looked to Pam and shook his head.

"What?" she asked, bending to untie her Keds. 

"I don't like other people seeing my feet."

"You don't mind me seeing your feet," Pam insisted coyly.  "Among other things," she added in a low tone.

"That... is something to be discussed later," he said with a gleam of excitement in his eyes. 

"Besides," Pam said as she took her shoes to the little pile of shoes in the corner.  "You have cute feet."

"Cute?" Jim echoed.  "Size eleven cannot be cute!"

"It can when it's on you," Pam mumbled.  She gave him a look that she knew would melt him.

Seconds later, Jim's shoes were sitting in the pile, next to Pam's.

Chapter End Notes:
COMMENTS!!!  I'm a comment whore.  so sue me.  (not really though...)

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans