- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Jim and Pam take the next step in their relationship.  I took a slightly different take on this compliment (not what Yahoo had meant in their article), but I think it's a better picture of the JAM dynamic.

Still don't own it.  A girl can dream, can't she?

Jim sighed as he got into the car.  "What were they thinking with that orange wallpaper?"

Pam chuckled as buckled her seat belt.  "So that's a no?"

"Did you like it?" Jim started the engine and checked his mirrors to see when it would be safe to pull out into the street.

Pam pushed her lips to one side and shook her head.  "The outside was nice," she said.  "I just didn't realize they had that poor taste.  I mean, that wasn't even left over from the seventies, that was new wallpaper!"

"Well, what's the next one?"

"Jefferson Avenue," she replied, looking at the list in front of her.

"That's a little far from work," Jim commented. 

"Well, it looks really nice," she offered.

Upon arrival at the baby-blue, two-story house, Jim parked the car.  He went around the car to let Pam out and held her hand as she stepped out onto the icy street.  With a hand on her lower back, he guided her to the front of the house. 

"Two-thirty, right?" Jim asked, confirming the time of the walk-through appointment.  Pam nodded.  He glacned at his watch and looked up towards the street to see the property management agent pulling into the driveway.

"Nice, huh?" the agent asked as she made her way towards them on the frozen path.

Jim nodded.  "It doesn't have orange wallpaper, does it?"

The agent crinkled her nose.  "Uh, no.  Let me show you the inside."

***

"Look at this closet, Jim!" Pam exclaimed, inhaling the sweet, woodsy cedar smell. 

"Do you like it?"  He sounded skeptical.  He didn't like the carpet in the den, that she knew.  He also thought the downstairs bath was a little small.

Pam shrugged.  "What do you think?"

Jim smiled as he took her in his arms.  "Doesn't matter what I want.  It matters what you want."

Pam smiled and rolled her eyes.  "You're not getting out of a decision that easily, Halpert."

"It's true, though," he insisted.  "If you like it, that's way more important than how big a bathroom is or if they have cheap carpet in the den."

Pam smiled and reached up to kiss his lips softly.  "I do like it."

"Alright, then."

"Alright?"

"Let's do it."

Pam let out a squeal as she threw her arms around Jim's neck.  He wrapped his arms around her waist.  His one desire was to make her happy, and he had succeeded.

Chapter End Notes:

The house.

I'm a comment whore.  so sue me.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans