- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Jim's POV
~Jim~


Her name was Pam.

God she’d never go away. All she did was sit at her desk and he was in love with her all over again. KarenKarenKaren. Like a mantra in his head, reminding him of where his place was. Because he needed that. Needed to use what he had to convince himself he’s not in love with her. But somehow the chants dim and he’s left thinking about the woman he really loves. The one that broke his heart in too many pieces.

As Karen approaches his desk, he can’t do this. Not with the truth so fresh in his mind. His head is pounding and his heart is leaking through the expressions on his face.

She’d know in a milli-second that he was lying about everything and he couldn’t have that happen. Not with Pam less than a foot away. He makes a god awful excuse to why he can’t be with Karen tonight and heads out, not even bothering to say goodbye to Pam.

He can’t look at her without stuttering something he’ll regret later. Can’t without tears pouring down his cheeks. Can’t.Can’t.Can’t. That had been her word hadn’t it? I can’t? I can’t or I won’t? Was it all the same anymore? Jim honestly didn’t even know.

So there he was. This is what he’s become. A slag heap and poor excuse for a man, slumping around the aisles of a grocery store searching for a drink that’d put him in a deeper sleep than he was capable of. He couldn’t fucking wait to forget.

And now here he is, near his apartment fridge, sloppily taking drinks out of the bottle. He opened the refrigerator door to grab…what was he doing again? God, how drunk was he? Why was even drunk? And then on the second shelf, he saw something and instantly remembered.

Mixed berries yogurt.

Her name was Pam.
Chapter End Notes:
and thats it! hope you enjoyed! thanks to all who reviewed


civillove is the author of 6 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Thoughts of what should come also liked 1048 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans