- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
sorry this chapter is short but LOTS of JAM =] next chapter will be longer
After an hour Jim was exhausted. If one more thing happened he figured he would snap. After all the frustration of Michael , the meeting that never happened, he was tired, it was pouring rain…just everything irritated him. He didn’t even notice Pam stirring next to him.

“Hey…” she said her voice still thick from sleep. She went to put a hand on his thigh when he shifted, clearing his throat.

She pulled her hand back. “Are you alright Jim?”

He glanced at her and saw her expression was slightly hurt. He sighed and grabbed her hand and held it. “Yeah, sorry. I’m just tired.”

She nodded. “How far are we from the Motel?”

“Shouldn’t be that long now. I just wish we didn’t have to get out in the pouring rain.”

“Afraid of getting you’re hair wet?”

Jim smiled in spite of his irritated state. “Yes, that’s exactly it.”

He flipped on his turn signal and turned in to Ranchside Motel parking lot after Michael. Everyone tried to hustle out of their cars but it was no use. It was pouring, everyone got wet.

Michael and Dwight went up to the counter as everyone tried to shake off the wetness from the rain.

“Can I help you?” a young man with a British accent asked.

“Bonjour!” Michael greeted.

“That’s French Michael.”

“Oh…well how do you say hello in your language?”

The British man looked pissed. “I’m British you ignorant git…its hello.”

Michael looked down. “Oh…”

“We’re reserved under Michael Scott.”

Michael leaned over and murmured something to Dwight as the guy typed the name into the computer.

“I’m sorry were actually under Michael loves Jan…”

The guy looked up clearly not amused and retyped the name. “I have you down for thirteen rooms.”

Michael’s brow crinkled. “I asked for fourteen.”

“I only have thirteen sir.” He replied clearly not giving a damn about the situation.

Michael rolled his eyes and approached the shivering co-workers. “They only have thirteen rooms. Two will have to share.”

Dwight suddenly raised his arm excitedly. “I volunteer to share with Angela!”

Angela rolled her eyes in disgust while Michael just plain ignored him.

“Pam and I will share.” Jim announced trying to avoid the nearing confrontation of Andy and Dwight. It would just end up with them smacking each other in a girlish way and then everyone would be embarrassed. One crisis averted at a time.

“Alright it’s settled everyone meet back down here at 9 A.M.”

As everyone went to go up the lobby steps Michael called back out. “Oh and everyone?”

They turned around even though their bodies screamed at them to take them to bed.

“I’m sorry.”

As Michael turned to get the attention of the counter guy everyone looked at each other for a moment before heading upstairs.

They all shared a damn common look none of them could stand: sympathy.

~*~*~

Jim searched for the light on the inside wall and flipped it on. It was cozy; pretty big room, small bathroom, red carpet and cream colored walls…two beds. He swore at himself. Couldn’t Pam and him go anywhere where there weren’t two beds?

“Why is it when we stay someplace together there’s always two beds?” he asked closing the door and turning the lock.

“You’re right…it’s a conspiracy.” She smiled wrapping her arms around herself and sitting on one of the huge beds. “At least they’re comfy.”

Jim smiled. “So am I. Or have you forgotten since this morning?”

“You might have to remind me…” she trailed off, practically beckoning him.

He slowly made his way towards the bed and leaned down on her, pushing her to a laying position. His mouth covered her own and he tried maneuvering his wet jacket off. So hurried to get over there he couldn’t even remember to take it off, and usually he was good at the taking the clothes off part.

He grumbled frustrated. “Hold on.”

Jim sat up and shimmied out of his wet jacket and threw it on the other bed. When he laid back down on her he realized her clothes were sopping wet and she was shivering.

“You’re freezing.” He said, his concerned side kicking into drive.

She sat up nearing bumping his head with her own. “Yeah, now that you mention it I am a bit cold. Have anything to um…warm me up?” she asked raising her eyebrows.

“Is that all I’m used for?” he pretended he was hurt.

“No of course not.” Pam smiled. “You just have certain talent.”

“Glad I’m good for something Beesley.” He rubbed his hands from her shoulders down her forearms. “Come on lets get you out of these wet clothes and under some blankets.”

“What about the beds?”

“What about them?”

“We’re just going to leave them like this? All…separate?”

Jim grinned. “You have something else you want to do with them?”

Pam started undressing and Jim handed her some of her baggy sweatpants and one of his t-shirts and took her wet clothes into the bathroom to hang up.

Pam crawled into one of the beds and put on her best pout. “Are you saying you’d rather have them separate?”

“Truth hurts doesn’t it?”

She stuck her tongue out at him. “Fine…leave me freezing to death in this too big bed. See if I care.”

Pam turned away from him and he suppressed a laugh crawling in next to her. He leaned into her and nuzzled her hair. “But you do care. That’s the problem.”

She leaned back and his arm circled her waist pulling her even closer. She took a deep breath, breathing in all that was Jim and let out a happy sigh. “Who said it was a problem?”

They both inched underneath the covers until the sheets covered their heads. “At least there are no beets.”

Jim suppressed nothing; he laughed.
Chapter End Notes:
thanx to all who are reading!!!!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans