- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
He is sick on his wedding day.  He throws up three or four times before the ceremony.  He shakes uncontrollably when he says the vows.  Everyone thinks it's nerves.  Michael Scott even makes fun of him when he makes his obligatory toast, uninvited.  But he puts on a brave face and convinces himself that they're all right, he's just nervous.

He's glad Pam isn't there to see it.  When he gets back from his honeymoon she avoids him for weeks before he finally finds her in the cafeteria.

"Hey," he says quietly.

She looks up from her book and says, "Oh, hi."

He sits down next to her.  "How have you been?  I haven't seen you in a while."  He doesn't want to mention the wedding.

"I'm good.  How was the wedding?"

"Oh, it was great.  I was a little nervous," he chuckles, and looks away.

"Yeah, I can imagine."  She smiles, but it's forced.  She looks back down at her book.

"Pam - " he begins.  She looks up, but he doesn't know what else to say.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans