- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
He and Karen are married about a year when it happens. 

He finds himself working on the website with Pam when he accidentally on-purpose volunteers to oversee the project.  They had been superficially friendly all this time, but there was still the vast chasm between them that they never spoke of.

But with the project, they both put in late hours, sometimes alone, sometimes with other employees.  As the months go on, they begin to slide back into the easy banter of their earlier years.  He rarely mentions Karen.  He knows that Pam is seeing someone, but she also rarely mentions it, and he's not sure how serious it is. 

Then he finds out that they have to go to Boston for two days for a conference.  He thinks about backing out.  He's scared to be alone with her, because he doesn't trust himself.  He doesn't want to end up doing something that would hurt Karen.  But he goes anyway.

That night they find themselves laughing over drinks at the hotel bar.  He feels more alive and happier than he has been in years.  He walks her to her room when the bar closes, and presses his lips against hers as he backs her into the door.  His tongue finds hers, and he hardens as he presses against her.  She slides the key into the door and it opens, and they spill into the room, pawing and grabbing at each other, removing their clothing as they fall onto the bed.

Later, when he's inside her and she's moaning his name into his neck, he doesn't think of Karen at all.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans